Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Musing... if the Stones were playing cards...
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 16, 2005 15:24

Musing... if the Stones were playing cards...

Here is my choice :

Charlie - Ace, clubs
Mick - King, hearts
Keith - Queen, spades
Ron - Knave, diamond

Still musing, but very OT, I found some interesting website explaining the art of throwing and use them as deadly weapons. Feel free to feel like 007.

[www.cardthrowing.com]

How it all began...
One day I was browsing through the magic section at Borders Book Store, when I stumbled upon an oddly titled book

that would eventually change my life and the history of the entire world. It was Cards as Weapons, by Ricky Jay. At

first I thought it was a joke, but then I began to flip through the pages. I saw photos showing the proper way to

grip the card and chapters on training exercises to improve distance and accuracy, I knew that this was the real

deal. I bought the book and within hours I was cracking cards against the wall of my room, within days I could

already hit the furthest walls in my house. I decided that this skill was so great that I could not keep it to

myself. My life now had a purpose- Spread the Joy and Confidence that comes from throwing cards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tricks
These are some of the things that I can do with ordinary playing cards:
Card in to Watermelon - just like in "Ricky Jay and his 52 assistants"
Boomerang card - again, a trick I learned from Ricky Jay
Card through newspaper(up to 3 sheets the card flys right through, 5 sheets I can pierce through and the card

sticks in)
Card over house
Behind the back toss
Card slap(card is given a slight toss, with a lot of spin, and then smacked by the finger tips, sending it flying)
Card kick(like card slap, but with foot. Very difficult)
Card on to HIGH roof(example: Malls, Gymnasiums)
Card on to Balcony - 3rd or 4th floor no problem, often higher
Card through skin(this used to happen a lot in card battles)

Try also

[www.knifethrowing.info]

And these are interesting info on the art of throwing knives, if you want to practice on your taxman or you mother-in-law (Hi Tud!)

[www.knifethrowing.info]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home