Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: YOUR Personal Preview of the Taschen "Sumo" Stones Book
Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 07:14

Cristiano Radtke
Do you mean those 17 pics on the website? They're fine, but $5,000 it's just too much money for me. Next time, maybe. cool smiley

[www.taschen.com]

If I had $5,000 to spend on Stones books, I'd buy Blinds & Shutters and Exile on eBay!

Re: New book by Taschen : Ladies and gentlemen...The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 25, 2015 16:47

Taschen has its' own little bookstore here in Milan, and I had a good look at both the standard RS book (€99) and the deluxe one (€4000). Even though I had seen the majority of the photos, I would have to say the standard book is worth the price. Taschen books are beautifully done; I already have a number of their art books. The deluxe book is gigantic, and you would have to be very careful to not tear any of the pages whilst looking at it. I do not think it will increase in value like Tarlé's Exile, but who knows?

I would suggest waiting for the price to come down on the standard one, and then buy it.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 25, 2015 18:02

Bliss
Taschen has its' own little bookstore here in Milan ...

Thank you!

Every second day I pass through via meravigli and I never noticed the bookstore!!
C

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 26, 2015 12:52

Niente, Carlo! Enjoy the books - the young Taschen staff are very friendly and happy to let you browse.

In the last couple of weeks, I have seen a number of great exhibitions of early Rolling Stones photos:

at the Leica Gallery, just down from Teatro La Scala, there is an exhibition of Jim Marshall's photos, which are for sale.

[fficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fzgUVevHIcGsUv-LgrAN&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1103&bih=496" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.google.it]

The Arthur Elgort exhibition at 10 Corso Como.

and also the 'Stardust' exhibition of David Bailey's classic photos at the Galeria d'Arte Moderna, very worthwhile.

[www.huffingtonpost.it]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 10:34 by Bliss.

Taschen Book
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:53

On a trip to local bookstore yesterday, in a sealed box, the Taschen book (large; photo of Primrose Hill 1966 Buttons album). 133 Euro, but from the photos I've seen online it does look a beauty.

Does the book cover the band to more modern days or mainly 60s/70s anybody know?

The new Wyman photo book looks good too, From the Inside, is it worthy?

Re: Taschen Book
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:56

Do you mean the Taschen Book from 2014 - [iorr.org] - [www.Amazon.com] ?

Re: Taschen Book 2020
Date: July 9, 2020 21:05

There's btw an updated Edition - 28-Oct-2020:

[www.Amazon.com] - 11.8"x11.8", 466 pages, ISBN-13: 978-3836582087

Date: July 9, 2020 21:20

IrelandCalling4

The new Wyman photo book looks good too, From the Inside, is it worthy?

See here: [iorr.org] .

Date: July 10, 2020 00:28

Thanks Irix, thats the one. Put "Taschen" in as a search and got nothin! Great to read peoples thoughts though.

To purchase or wait for the updated version...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 10, 2020 01:25

When you search, make sure to set a wide time range. The default is only the last 30 days. thumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 25, 2020 01:58

So - what is updated about the new version? Anyone knows? I want to buy the book and I am wondering if the new version is worth it or if the older version is better.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 25, 2020 11:23

Ok so this is what I found:

Original Version:
Pages: 522
Width: 40.6 cm
Height: 35.6 cm
Thickness: 6.9 cm
Weight: 5.3 kg

Updated Version:
Pages: 466
Width: 30 cm
Height: 30 cm
Thickness: ? cm
Weight: 3,78 kg

So I guess they made the book smaller and lighter and cheaper. Makes sense and doesnt make sense.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2020 21:23

Available direct on the Taschen website [www.taschen.com] for 60€ instead of 100€, does someone have the new version ? Is it worth it ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 8, 2020 21:32

gotdablouse
Available direct on the Taschen website [www.taschen.com] for 60€ instead of 100€, does someone have the new version ? Is it worth it ?
Not for me. I got the old version on the sale from Taschen a couple of years ago for 49.99€ (with free shipping within EU).
Thus 60€ is a bit pricey. IMHO.

Date: December 8, 2020 21:40

It's €60 too for the updated Edition on [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.it] and $80 on [www.Amazon.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-08 21:50 by Irix.

Date: December 8, 2020 22:00

The old version, 522 pages, still in town for 133 Euro. New version 466 pages, 60 Euro and shipping I suppose.

56 pages the difference, that's a lot of photos. Will await some reviews and how new version stacks up to original, but will definitely be making a purchase. It looks beautiful.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 12, 2020 16:05

The definitive, authorised, illustrated history of the Rolling Stones Updated Edition is now available! [ow.ly]

“This book isn’t just rock ’n’ roll, it's a roller coaster through fifty years of memory lane!” - Keith Richards

via: [twitter.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home