Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Tom Petty new album Hypnotic Eye
Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: September 30, 2014 00:49

Saw Petty's show a couple nights ago. I sometimes forget what a stash of hits this guy has - on stage for two hours and the set list didn't even include such radio staples as Listen to Her Heart, Breakdown, The Waiting, I Need to Know & Don't Do Me Like That. Great party atmosphere with the crowd dancing and singing to most every song. You usually see the word underrated whenever Mike Campbell's name is mentioned, and the guy is a phenominal guitar player. I think he conjured up the spirit of Jerry Garcia during 'You Wreck Me'.

What a treat to have Steve Winwood as the opener. Talk about a guy who hasn't lost a step, his voice still soars and his guitar and keyboard playing are excellent. His set was heavy on the early stuff with only one song from his solo releases. He really nailed the classics and got a huge ovation after most every song, and several standing ovations. I've had Traffic and Blind Faith songs rolling around in my head for days now.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home