Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Do you remember the first time you heard the Stones music?
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: August 1, 2014 19:19

Nope.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: August 1, 2014 23:50

Yes I remember very well: 1976, I was sixteen y o, on holidays with friends older than me. One of them had Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass), probably the UK version because I felt in love with Paint It Black very quickly and then all the tracks... After these holidaysI bought all the old albums! (little by little of course)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 2, 2014 00:11

1964 / 65, 4 years old, prancing through the house barefoot to Around and Around and It's All Over Now. From then to now, that's what I think music should be like.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 2, 2014 14:25

I too heard them for the first time when I was 4 in 1964. My older brother (then 7) got 12x5 for Christmas. We played on our crappy little record player in the basement. I can't really describe the impact at the time, but we both remain fans.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 2, 2014 15:14

round about 1973. angie was a huge hit in Holland, and i remember a radio program, . they interviewed the Stones in Jamaica, regarding Goats Head Soup.

My father was disgusted by Jaggers painted lips, and i thought he, cool guy.

My older brother played a lot Stones albums and that way i got infected . In 1976 i went with my brother to my first Stones concert in The hague,-

In 2002 i went with his son to the Stones in rotterdam. To get him infected also by the Stones. It worked !!

Now, in 2014 i went to my 27th Stones gig in Stockholm and it was fanfucking tastic!!!

Jeroen

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-02 15:16 by corriecas.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 2, 2014 17:58

Definitely do.

As a 9 year old in 1976 listening to my parents' sterio downstairs playing the compilation 'Rolled Gold' loudly whilst having friends round and I was upstairs in bed, being subjected to it, unable to sleep. Heard the Beatles from about the age of 6, liked them and still do but somehow preferred the Stones' harder edgier sound. They only ever seemed to play the same 4 songs - It's All Over Now, The Last Time, Satisfaction & Cloud from a 28 track album covering their whole Decca era. I remember asking my dad when they split up and when he said they still haven't that increased my curiosity of them.

Later, in around 1982, after I moved from Scotland to England we were allowed a sterio in Art Classes at School and the same album was played end to end and I explored them a bit more. But it wasn't until the end of the 80s that I started buying their records and I accumulated their entire back catalogue between about 89 and 94 so my interest in them came on gradually...

Besides they played my home town of Hamilton in a riotous show at a totally unsuitable venue in 1964 smileys with beer Apparently Mick still remembers this show so that's saying somethinggrinning smiley

[www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 3, 2014 01:34

Spring '77, IORR album. My mom played it for me while I was in utero. I'll never forget it, great times!!!

She said I would kick to the beat.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: August 3, 2014 02:00

Riding in the back of my older brother's Duster on the way to school listening to Exile on the 8-track....the rest is history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-03 02:02 by shadooby.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 3, 2014 02:49

I don't remember the first time I heard them, but the first time I listened was when I was 12 and Under My Thumb came on the radio when I was in the car with my friend and his mom was driving us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-03 02:49 by ryanpow.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home