Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stick MSG where the sun don't shine
Posted by: mr beartie ()
Date: June 8, 2005 23:19

We had a dream

Visit NY for the first time ,see the stones at MSG

Thought what with the $ against the £ it would work out reasonable.
I'm no skinflint,I earn good money, and I ain't stayin in no hovel.BUT I'm looking at over 2k for a 4 day trip from UK. Flights are £450 direct, hotels about £150 (far more than the equivalent in London), I'm gonna burn £100 a day at least then I've got to find £300 for decent tickets.

Nah, I'm going to barcelona in September and travelling up the coast like I often do. Top notch foood,hotels etc for just over £1k, 7 days.

Viva europe, I can wait

Re: Stick MSG where the sun don't shine
Posted by: Ringo Kid ()
Date: June 8, 2005 23:50

I´ve been to NYC during septemeber two years ago, in the exactly same period as this, and the flights from Norway were much cheaper than the price you got. And cheap hotels around St. Marks Place, walking distance from MSG.
I´ll wait to book my flight till the end of august. Prices are very good when the summer holidays are over and the kids are back in school.

------------------------------
[rockandrollcentral.net]
------------------------------

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2005 00:36

And just for the record. When I pay 80 pounds for a cheap hotel in London, the entire room is smaller than the bathromm of a 150 dollars hotel in NYC. More or less the same money. If you think prices are steep now in NYC then of course Spain is a great alternative next year. But nothing is like seing the Stones at MSG still. They will probably do a couple more shows at MSG before they come to Spain though...

Bjornulf

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: June 9, 2005 02:55

bjornulf,i agree the stones in ny is great,but honestly the phillie shows the last 2 tours have been even better,the difference the sound system in first union,(now wachovia)is much better.

john scialfa

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 9, 2005 03:11

mr beartie Wrote:
"We had a dream
---
Nah, I'm going to barcelona in September and
travelling up the coast like I often do. Top notch
food,hotels etc for just over £1k, 7 days.

Viva europe, I can wait"

Nice put if you´re European (and you are).
But I wonder; have you heard any news on Spain?
Not a word yet in Bjornulfs 2006 Tour Eur. leg-corner... ?!
I daydream myself about a Special Treat-Night in Alicante/Benidorm,
picture a concert in May or September there, when the North winds blow on us in the Nordic, subarctic countires...
A cheap charter ticket per last-minute...

I´m sure my friend Ove´s not spitting on MSG when he stands there watchin his oool´ mates in the Stones. As mickijaggeroo hardly not do at this Massachusetts venue, when h e visits Boston. ("aargh; sweet green envy")

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 9, 2005 09:24

They will play Spain and Portugal next year. I am sure. Lots of bacalao and fun of course. Remember they go to Spain for 3-4 shows on every tour these days. The crowds are great. The tickets cost 40-50 Euro, and the weather is great. If you are planning a holiday for 2006 summer then make it to Spain or Portugal if you can afford it and bring your family. One week of great weather and bacalao and the Stones as a dessert.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 9, 2005 09:59

You know how to make a person daydream on a higher gear, Bjornulf.

For me also a large quantity of nostalgia; in 82 & Benidorm we were dancing to
JJF & Going to-A-Go-Go at them discos where you pay a moderate entrance fee & then drink as much as you like (and it almost ended up with ambulance plane home...). Sleep on the beach. Breakfast & a new day.
(I´ll check later on; wouldnt surprise me if the Stones had been there a week before or slt.)
I start saving: Göteborg & Spain, that´s my melody & my cup of tea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-09 10:05 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: June 9, 2005 13:33

Bacalhau, the correct word for bacalao...

:-)

And don´t forget the red wine!!

Cheers BV!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 9, 2005 13:53

I can't afford MSG either but wouold sure love to see the the stones there!!!
But you guys convinced me, I'm definitely going to see the stones in Barcelona!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 9, 2005 13:55

See you in Barcelona, Wouter! I'll go there too - affordable tickets, great crowd and great city!

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 9, 2005 14:33

ok, SO IT'S EXPENSIVE. But we go back 42 years this summer, The Stones and I. Loved them since I was 5. Saw them live for the first time on June 24th 1965, aged 7. And since then I've been willing to make other priorities THAN MOST OF MY FRIENDS. So I don't have a car, don't have kids, not expensive furniture etc. But I get to see the Stones when they're touring. Some people call it extravaganza. I call it intelligent spending. In stead of collecting material stuff, I colect moments, moments to cherish, make me happy and full of joy, moments that keep me warm throughout the winter... But I don't have any kids who can come visit me in the old peoples retirement home... Do children still visit their parents when they go "ga-ga" in the funny farm? I'll just bring my juke box and Stones-albums, singles, cd's etc.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 9, 2005 14:57

Seeing the Stones at MSG is an event and an experience.I have seen numerous shows there.But to be honest its all down to personal choice.There is a lot of hype with NYC.Dont get me wrong I love the place and people,infact I am spending a week there before Boston.But to make out its a must to see the Stones there,I dont agree with.I have seen shows in different continents,and my favourite show is still Wet and wild in Sheffield,Voodoo lounge tour.And Sheffield is within spitting distance of my home.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 9, 2005 18:27

Thanks, BV - I'm definitely planning on making a European trek from Calif in '06 - been contemplating where to go - Spain/Port is now on the consideration list.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: June 9, 2005 18:50

marquess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bacalhau, the correct word for bacalao...
>

Not here in Spain, marquess. The correct word for bacalao is bacalao... grinning smiley

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home