Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith and the teleprompter
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 16, 2014 09:25

I imagine the teleprompter comes in handy for all those phrases in German, Hebrew, Norwegian, etc., that Mick must find hard to memorize.

Re: Teleprompted
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 16, 2014 10:14

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
bye bye johnny
Ladykiller
I saw once Barbra Streisand live and she read every single word (songs & talk to the audience) from telepromters in front of her!!

Imagine that...

latvianinexile
u
Please don't tell me this picture is real...

It's real. And been going on since the 90's according to Bill German's excellent book.

Date: June 16, 2014 10:16

MisterDDDD
RockinJive
latebloomer
rob51
Face it Keith is getting old and showing his age. After the life he's led i think it's quite obvious the past has caught up to him and his mind is slowly fading. Don't expect much more from Keith Richards.

Oh brother.

Hes right latebloomer

Good Lawd.
No he's not.

He is right. Keith's biggest problem is people not accepting this as a sad but true fact.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:06

Based on the clips so far I was under the impression Keith was doing a good job using the prompter and that was confirmed at the SDF show from a middle of the catwalk position...and here too [www.youtube.com] honestly. However a friend who was on Keith's side FOS said it was pretty distracting as it looked like he was reading every line from the prompter...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:16

I need a telepromter, when I wake up half of my phrases are in broken german/french/english, till mid-day.

So I'd imagine the Stones, with all the different cities/countries, the tekepromters come in very handy.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:18

vertigojoe
MisterDDDD
RockinJive
latebloomer
rob51
Face it Keith is getting old and showing his age. After the life he's led i think it's quite obvious the past has caught up to him and his mind is slowly fading. Don't expect much more from Keith Richards.

Oh brother.

Hes right latebloomer

Good Lawd.
No he's not.

He is right. Keith's biggest problem is people not accepting this as a sad but true fact.

No it's not.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:26

For the life Keith's led, I think he is actually doin/looking good.

I'd like to see other 70 year olds doing the same thing. I have neighbors that are younger and in no where good as shape as Keith. Shit, the guy runs/jogs on stage. There would be ambulances going up and down my steet all day if they tried that.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 16, 2014 11:32

.... that's nuffin' ... I got a teleprompter at the foot of me bed.... OOOHH AHHHH

ROCKMAN

Date: June 16, 2014 12:26

Palace Revolution 2000

Maybe the teleprompter is good for him because this is a f*ckin beautiful performance on all levels. The pacing and tempo of the song is perfect for Keith to act out the lyrics. One of his best performances I have ever seen. The guitar interlude with Ronnie is also so great; with this actually being a little piece of music.

You are referring to the YGTS video from Berlin of the three videos I posted, right? Yes, I also enjoy it. The guitar interaction with Ronnie in the middle by now is lovely, yes. This has definitely improved, lyrical wise because of the teleprompter, I think. I know, people said, the Stones use teleprompters since 1989, but I haven't seen a video yet, where Keith (that obviously) uses one for his lyrics. Maybe I just didn't notice, but it strikes me during this leg of the tour. Or he got worse in hiding his glances. Anyway, his problems with singing the lyrics for YGTS disappeared seemingly during this European tour, while he had his occasional 'mumbling/slurring/not singing when supposed to/switching lyrics' moments because of a black out in videos of the US performances. And that is good.

Date: June 16, 2014 12:44

with sssoul
I find Keith's evident bashfulness over using the prompter quite charming.
He's clearly not very expert at using it
, which shows during Can't Be Seen -
but as I wrote somewhere else, that number is so full of challenges that I'm not at all surprised
if getting the lyrics in a standard order each time isn't his primary concern.
His approach sure does keep the backup singers on their toes, though! :E

I love the Rolling Stones

I agree with you on this. But not just the backup singers. Ronnie looks so concentrated towards the end of CBS in this video from Pinkpop. I really like what Ronnie plays there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-16 20:44 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: June 16, 2014 14:57

Aquamarine
vertigojoe
MisterDDDD
RockinJive
latebloomer
rob51

Oh brother.

Hes right latebloomer

Good Lawd.
No he's not.

No it's not.

Whatever

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 16, 2014 15:18

Ladykiller
the late Frank Sinatra, late Sammy Davis jr., Barbra Streisand and someother, who I don't remember at this moment.

Ah you see, that's what's Telepromters are for, hehehe spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, dear Ladykiller ... couldn't resist ... smileys with beer

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 16, 2014 16:01

Koen
What about Ronnie's stratoprompter?

An excellent question and yet one that is rarely addressed.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home