Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Greatest Brian Jones solos
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 20, 2014 00:42

Probably posted somewhere before as it's from last year, but I just saw this on facebook.

From ultimateclassicrock:

Top 10 Brian Jones Rolling Stones Multi-Instrumentalist Songs

If there’s an interesting instrument on a mid-’60s Rolling Stones recording, it probably was played by the late, great Brian Jones.

As Jones got bored with rock guitar and found that he lacked Jagger and Richards‘ knack for pop songwriting, he focused on crafting new sonic textures for the group’s albums. From sitars to saxophones, the instruments might not have been played perfectly, but each brought intriguing new textures and colors to the songs. Through his musical talent and thirst for experimentation, Jones drastically altered what a Stones record could sound like. Once he departed from the band (and shortly thereafter, the earth), the Stones would never again sound so versatile.

Link to full story:
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 20, 2014 00:53

Brian didn't play all of the brass instruments on the first one (Bill says Brian played sax) the rest was session musicians. Dandelion features Brian playing soprano sax, not an oboe.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-20 00:57 by His Majesty.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 20, 2014 01:09

You're the expert,HM. I'm just the messenger.thumbs up

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 20, 2014 05:31

Erik_Snow
Jig-Saw Puzzle grinning smiley

Very funny. Yes, I'd love to see that thread start again.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 20, 2014 06:47

A rare touch of guitar brilliance toward the end of his tenure with the Stones in this Beggars outtake, where it's back to blues basics and Brian shines on electric slide. Too bad he didn't have many more days like this at that time....

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 20, 2014 11:08

Still a fool. Yes, that's one hell of a session. They are all f-in amazing on that one. I love Mick's voice. Brian is stunning with his depressive slide like some dying bird trying to obtain height. Moaning around the farmhouse one last time.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home