Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Phamton, Rocker & Slick
Posted by: Star star ()
Date: May 26, 2005 17:40

I have two LP of this 80' band. The fisrt record is fantastic, Keith Richards plays is one track, "My mistake". They sounded like The Stones but more up today. The second LP was tittle "Cover me", good but not as good as the first one (untittle as the name of the band). I think these records have not been edited on CD. Anybody have seen them live?. Is there any webpage of this great band?

Re: Phamton, Rocker & Slick
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 26, 2005 20:37

I briefly recall this band from the 80's. Of course, Slim Jim Phantom and Lee Rocker were previously with the Stray Cats. Didn't they (Stray Cats) open for the Stones, perhaps Europe 82? Don't have any Stones books infront of me to reference. I remember reading that the Stones were fans of their music, the 50's rockabilly style.
The only song I have of PR&S is a 45 called Men Without Shame, which was a good rocking song with a George Thorogood type style.
I've never seen any of their music on CD and never saw them live but I think they would have probably put on a good show.

Re: Phamton, Rocker & Slick
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: May 27, 2005 07:38

They asked KR to play on My Mistake....he said he would if Slick would trade him a the leopard Skin blazer he was wearing. Slick agreed and KR Played. There are pics of KR in that blazer.

Milo, NYC
Thats cause the jokes' about you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home