Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

new cd
Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: May 26, 2005 09:07

Has anyone out there found out any Info at all about the new cd? I am really surprized that we have not gotten any news yet. One of you guys always seems to get the scoop...there must be real top security stuff going on at the studios to prevent any leaks from getting out.One would think that with June right around the corner, that the disc should almost be ready for production for an August release...waiting is a real bitch!

Re: new cd
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: May 26, 2005 09:39

According to Virgin Holland: release date: August. This means that they can work on the album (mixing / post production / art / distribution / ect.) up to two weeks before that date (like with Bridges to Babylon). So there is still plenty of time for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-26 09:39 by Potted Shrimp.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 26, 2005 09:47

I even think they have a well-earnt break after the awesome PC.
Probably one of these days in late May or early June they are in for the finish. Then awaits the mixing.
I still believe what I´ve heard from most oftenly reliable sources; that the album will be released in second half of July; as the earliest... It would even be in the very beginning of August. I wouldnt think no later; I think they practice a relative uncomplicated production process... Even if keeping it simple nowadays too often means you have to create the patina thru a line of production that is more efforting & time-wasting than the usual. But if the sound is anything like that of the pc; I believe its "in-rock/roll-out". Of course there´s always tunes they have to mess around with.
...But with Jagger as one at the steering wheel I dont think they will let any moss gather on the Stones. Maybe Jagger´s birthday, 26th of July that is, suits
as an unofficial deadline... ?

Posted by: tomstones ()
Date: May 26, 2005 10:24

Baboon wrote: I even think they have a well-earnt break after the awesome PC.

Yeah, lol. Half an hour work and then two weeks holiday. The Stones got the best job in the world!

Date: May 26, 2005 10:42

Agree a lot, tomstones; but I think the preparations for that 30 minutuesd - even if we not count the technichal back ground, logistics & administration & business shite - may have needed more than two weeks, to:

Write the song
record it
Practice for the performance
Keep in shape
choose costumes
get the booze
maybe a little drugstore for Ron
travel there

Not to forget inteviews afterwards...

I believe the Stones have the world´s best AND worst jobs.
Imagine having to deal with @#$%& like us...

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: May 26, 2005 13:40

right after PC they were shooting a new video in NY,
so it's all ready known (by some lucky one) what song is going to be the first single.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-26 13:41 by KillRill.

Date: May 26, 2005 20:33

but...any news on # of songs , single or double disc, type of style of the disc, ie a guitar disc hopefully , guests and so on...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 26, 2005 21:17

double disc? egads - let's hope not. they will have trouble half-filling a single disc worth of decent songs....

Date: May 26, 2005 21:35

I think & hope you T&A are way up in the blue here...
I think their songwriting capacity has a renaissance and
is back on the level of circa 1971-72... With the new flavor of experience &
weird wisdom & re-borned rock'n'roll... I´m not afraid of a double.

It´s 2005 now; it´s not 1993 or 1996-97, right?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 26, 2005 21:39

you are braver than I, Baboon. the songwriting muse deserted the glimmers a quarter-century ago...you can't just summon it up at will.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 26, 2005 21:42

BB said

"I think their songwriting capacity has a renaissance and
is back on the level of circa 1971-72...

I hope I have a renaissance to my condition circa 71-72!!!!!LOL

Date: May 26, 2005 21:44

Well, I´m not, cause I was 8-9 by then.

Date: May 26, 2005 21:45

Cool, I'm just a little older than that! 44

Date: May 26, 2005 21:54

So you were 10-11 then, right?

I first was struck buy the Stones in 1975 while hearing Out of Time from the Metamorphosis album. It was a damp but semi-light Nordic summer night in a town called Norrköping.

to T&A: "the songwriting muse deserted the glimmers a quarter-century ago...you can't just summon it up at will." (T&A above) ... Well, that is a way of putting it. No one can say the songs from late 80´s and on have been immediate classics (but I sure think many of them will be upranked thru time).
...I´d put it this way: Between 1964 and 1972-73 Jagger-Richards wrote so goddam many fantastic songs you cant almost mention them all in one thread. Decline started exactly in 73-74; and the avalanche to set in from 1980 & makin of Tatoo You (which I understand mainly consists of older outtakes etc)...
In thirty years they have lived in the shadow under their own Fame & Greatness, which seem to form the shape of a huge cloud over the poor bastards.

Now the cloud is gone...

Date: May 26, 2005 22:17

Yeah, 11 or 12. I got GHS for my 13th brithday. My parents bought it on advice from a cool uncle. I've been hooked ever since! I'm in south US Georgia about 3 hours from Atlanta.

Date: May 26, 2005 22:43

GHS was my first real favorite album too; but it took a while (almost exactly 15 years) to really discover it. Was too hooked up on the Doors before.

I think GHS will be the album which the new album will show the most resemblances to... And maybe also the 1964-66-stuff...

(Nice link [the-rolling-stones.lyrics-songs.com])

Date: May 26, 2005 23:22

That sounds promising. I hope you're right.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 27, 2005 00:37

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I think their songwriting capacity has a
> renaissance and
> is back on the level of circa 1971-72...

based on what evidence?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 27, 2005 01:15

wishful thinking i suspect

Date: May 27, 2005 04:33

I always read about cool songs that are found on boots and it would be nice to start seeing these selections pop up on future discs. I am sure the boys have another great double disc in em'...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home