Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: Paul Simon arrested
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 29, 2014 09:49

OK, this is Artie, not Paul, but quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 29, 2014 10:09

.............................................................you got your troubles, I got mine ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 29, 2014 10:13

OK, I see with page 3 we're going for the comedy element....

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 29, 2014 11:27

Is this really a topic in good faith? I think it smells just schadenfreude. I'd rather talk about the song ' Bridge over troubled water ' which is one of the real classics in American popular music ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 29, 2014 12:08

shawnriffhard1
I have no first hand knowledge, but this is an interesting read from a fellow Philadelphian, Los Lobos' Steve Berlin on Paul's interesting songwriting credit acknowledgments- [blog.wfmu.org]

Hideous...and it sure sounds like something the "Paul Simon" in "Annie Hall" would do!

tatters
gotdablouse
Not sure about him being the "nicest guy"...ever seen "Annie Hall" or more to the point he asked for a guy's phone at a concert in Mountain View in 2001 and kinda tossed it away when he was done with it!

I was at a Simon and Garfunkel show in 2003 where they asked two women in the front row to give them their phones. Only one of them did. Artie took the phone and sang the next song (yes, the entire song) directly into the phone to whomever happened to be on the other end of the line. When the song was over, Paul said to the woman who had refused to give him her phone, "I bet you're sorry now that you didn't give me your phone, aren't you? Well, don't worry," he said, "We'll do it again later. We'll do it tomorrow in Cleveland." There was something very mean-spirited about the way he said it. The audience was a little taken aback, actually.

Interesting, same reaction as in Mountain View, what's with these guys and phones anyway? Maybe he borrowed Edie's phone and then tossed it when he was done with it!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 29, 2014 12:14

ash
Neighbours called the police after they heard the sound of violence.

bada bing!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: April 29, 2014 18:40

Edie would wipe up the floor with him if they ever threw down. Paul needs to stick to his weight class and pick on David Spade.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 29, 2014 18:51

Still Crazy after all these years.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 29, 2014 18:53

71Tele
Former CBS chief Walter Yetnikoff basically said...
WY the pompous ass who tried to break the Stones in the 80's so he could keep the golden hen aka Jagger and send the four useless guys to the junkyard? eye rolling smiley

"Unlike great record men of the past, Yetnikoff was never a fan of the music first - in fact, he was tone-deaf"
[www.theguardian.com]
Yeah he had what it took to become the Ahmet Ertegun of the 80's... eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley

We should be glad the Stones reformed at the end of the 80's despite this kind of CEO nuisance.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 29, 2014 18:57

ash
Neighbours called the police after they heard the sound of violence.

They either have good hearing or they were LOUD!
[www.celebrityhousepictures.com]

Date: April 29, 2014 19:03

dcba
71Tele
Former CBS chief Walter Yetnikoff basically said...
WY the pompous ass who tried to break the Stones in the 80's so he could keep the golden hen aka Jagger and send the four useless guys to the junkyard? eye rolling smiley

"Unlike great record men of the past, Yetnikoff was never a fan of the music first - in fact, he was tone-deaf"
[www.theguardian.com]
Yeah he had what it took to become the Ahmet Ertegun of the 80's... eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley

We should be glad the Stones reformed at the end of the 80's despite this kind of CEO nuisance.

I was merely reporting what he said about Paul Simon, not promoting Yetnikoff.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 29, 2014 19:30

So, is he behind bars now or what?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 29, 2014 19:40

Stoneage
I haven't really followed it, but the cops said they were both victims of whatever happened and it seemed to me like she was the one who got really pissed at him for something and he was the one who first called the cops on her, that he was more on the receiving end of whatever happened. I don't know if she chased him with a 9 iron or anything but it didn't appear as if putting anyone behind bars was warranted.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 29, 2014 19:48

Rokyfan
Stoneage
I haven't really followed it, but the cops said they were both victims of whatever happened and it seemed to me like she was the one who got really pissed at him for something and he was the one who first called the cops on her, that he was more on the receiving end of whatever happened. I don't know if she chased him with a 9 iron or anything but it didn't appear as if putting anyone behind bars was warranted.

You seem to know a lot for someone who hasn't really followed it... smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-29 19:49 by Koen.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 29, 2014 20:12

Koen
Rokyfan
Stoneage

You seem to know a lot for someone who hasn't really followed it... smoking smiley
read one story in either the Post or News on line. Whichever one it was stole their headline from this site -- Sounds of Violence

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 29, 2014 23:02

he is short

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 29, 2014 23:11

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 29, 2014 23:17

michaelsavage
he is short

so is she

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 30, 2014 00:12

Love Paul Simon.

You can't say boo to anybody anymore without getting arrested.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 30, 2014 00:57

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 30 April 2014

ROCKMAN

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 30, 2014 00:57

He got tired of being called Al.

Date: April 30, 2014 02:14

If you see Art Garfunkel please send him back to Sweden. He didn't finish his last tour here and escaped through the toilet window before a gig never to be seen again.
I'm sure the tour manager wants a word or two with him...

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: April 30, 2014 02:49

He's working on a new song..... "50 ways to beat your lover "

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 30, 2014 03:30

rocknola
He's working on a new song..... "50 ways to beat your lover "

Funny. Not. We don't know what happened. Sounds like police over-reach. I'm surprised a SWAT team didn't bang down the door and shoot a few people.

Date: April 30, 2014 03:51

The odd thing is, the police said they found "evidence" which led them to arrest both people?

Date: April 30, 2014 03:52

Stoneage
If you see Art Garfunkel please send him back to Sweden. He didn't finish his last tour here and escaped through the toilet window before a gig never to be seen again.

Please tell me you are not making this up and that this really happened.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 30, 2014 14:26

Rockman
she got sick of dressing up as Princess Leia at bedtime.

.... man that's beyond kinky ... that's konky

That's still the single best reason to watch the Empire Strikes Back (or is it Return of the Jedi?).

Date: April 30, 2014 14:46

71Tele
Stoneage

Please tell me you are not making this up and that this really happened.

How's your Swedish, 71 Tele? Here is a news paper article describing the incident back in 2012. To his defence: He was suffering from vocal cord paralysis.

[www.aftonbladet.se]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 30, 2014 16:26

FWIW ->

I did spend some time reading multiple sources, trying to figure out what most-likely happened. I could be wrong on any number of points but this is what my brain put together: Paul & Edie had an argument. It was loud and possibly one or both pushed or tried to physically control the other. Edie's mother was apparently a witness and got scared at the level of the argument and called 911.

When the police arrived, they found an unhappy couple who really had no intent to hurt each other, they were simply frustrated and having an argument.

(I'm now going to assume that the practice of law enforcement in CT is similar to what a friend who is a sheriff’s deputy described to me here in TN). Whenever there is a domestic dispute/disturbance call in TN, SOMEONE is going to be arrested either on the domestic charge or on a false accusation charge. In this specific case, the police could have arrested either Paul or Edie on domestic charges or Edie's mother for making a false 911 call. Since they actually arrested both Edie & Paul and had one of them leave the site, it sounds to me like, both Edie & Paul knew there was no actual immediate threat to either of them but didn't want to have her mom get charged either. Much easier for Paul & Edie to be charged (and one of them leave the site) & deal with this than make her mom deal with being charged with filing a false report.

Note: As, I said, the above is just a theory based on what I've learned from friends who are lawyers & law enforcement officers. Having a hot-blooded wife (who has a dumb-ass ex-husband) and a mother-in-law who lives close by has also provided some real-life scenarios that have been interesting, to say the least. Thankfully, I've never been personally involved but we'll just say our local law enforcement team is not a big fan of our favorite dumb-ass.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 30, 2014 17:00

"Every way you look at this you lose."

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home