Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Singers who can't sing anymore
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 29, 2014 15:36

Macnee2
Why has no one said Macca yet? I see him missing a lot of high notes on live videos since at least the Olympics/Jubilee/probably earlier.

Dude is 71, I would think he might sing as well as yesterday

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 29, 2014 16:03

One guy who has been criticized a bit but who really can sing is Rod Stewart. Sure his voice is a bit thin and croaky but that has become his signature.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: April 29, 2014 16:09

John Mayall. Though he never could.
He ruined so many good songs with his "singing".

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 30, 2014 00:48

Paul Stanley's voice is shot. He's downright painful to listen to nowadays...he had the same procedure as Daltrey, but it didn't appear to work for him.

David Coverdale's cords are also blown out, as are Joe Elliot's from Def Leppard.

A lot of the hard rock/metal singers who sing in a high range haven't aged well, which is to be expected. Not everyone can be Ronnie James Dio (RIP).

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 30, 2014 00:56

Last couple times I've seen Stephen Stills he seemed to be yelling his lyrics. Maybe he was having monitor issues. He definitily has hearing loss. He was behind me in the backstage catering line and I turned around a couple times to say something and not a word registered.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 30, 2014 01:47

<<He definitily has hearing loss. He was behind me in the backstage catering line and I turned around a couple times to say something and not a word registered.>>

Perhaps he was just ignoring you. He is Stephen Stills after all. Perhaps your words would have registered if you had been Neil Young or Dave Crosby or one of those guys. Even a Dave Crosby impersonation might have registered.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home