Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Slow Ticket Sales in San Fran...Why?
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: May 24, 2005 23:09

Why did U2 sell out SF in a flash, and the Rolling Stones can't sell tickets there? Not a Stones town anymore?
It seems impossible to get a handle on how ticket sales are going over all...one source says they're being "snapped up" another source saying the're "not moving as expected." All I know is Charlotte doesn't have anything left and Charlottesville didn't have any $160 tickets left 15 minutes after they went on sale to the public...I had to get $95 ones.
The top U2 ticket price is $160 and the top Stones is $450-500. I think they made a terrible mistake with pricing and maybe have gone back to the well one too many times. I mean, unlike U2, they haven't had an album in 8 years, and haven't had a hit single in the US in 16 years (longer in the UK). It would be heartbreaking to see them playing to a half empty stadium in San Francisco, of all places...the historical site of Altamont!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-25 04:23 by Jack Knife.

Re: Slow Ticket Sales in San Fran...Why?
Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 25, 2005 00:01

I can not buy a single ticket in SF on TM right now...not exactly poor sales.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 25, 2005 00:02

despite what you may have read elsewhere - I can tell you the SF show sold out very quickly - i'd say within 2 hours....and good seats (field level) were gone within a couple of minutes

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: May 25, 2005 00:12

Yeah sd, i cannot get a single ticket for SF or Anaheim. I am in 'sleepy london town' and i'm seriously pondering a trip 'way out west' to catch them. I fancied LA as I've never been, and i'm hoping for the hollywood bowl and the palladium shows to be confirmed so i can make it worth while! If not then perhaps the second SF show and the rumoured vegas date ?

Anyone know if the other LA shows are likely to be confirmed or just wishful rumours. I know east coast makes more sense for me as its closer to the UK and cheaper to fly to, but it doesnt fit in with my schedule.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: May 25, 2005 01:25

I was on SF from sec one and nothing even came up but upper deck and you can't even score a single anywhere right now.......what the hell are you smoking Jack Knife???????????????? And Altamont Speedway is in Livermore NOT SF.....geez!!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 25, 2005 02:12

Livermore is a good hour's drive from SF, by the way....

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: May 25, 2005 04:22

I was merely responding to what was reported in the San Francisco paper...that's all. I'm glad to hear that things AREN'T as reported, sometimes. Why do the papers report such rubbish if it's not true (selling twice as many U2 tickets as Stones tickets in the same time-frame, tickets selling moderately, etc.)?

I know Altamont isn't IN San Francisco...but it's in the general vicinity, that's what I meant about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-25 04:24 by Jack Knife.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 25, 2005 08:01

Everyone is waiting for the Fresno show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home