Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

About Stones Fans
Posted by: philfan ()
Date: May 24, 2005 18:10

I am new to this board and the world of Rolling Stones fans. I'm seeking any information about the world of the fans. And forgive me for my complete lack of knowledge about what already exists and for these basic questions. 1) Has anyone ever made a film about Rolling Stones fans?? 2) Do fans organize meet ups around concerts? Where's the best scene?? 3) In the world of the Rolling Stones fans, are there 1 or 2 fans that are regarded as the 'best' fans??
I will appreciate all responses to these questions. Can you tell I'm fascinated with RS fans?? Thanks in advance. Phil Cormier in Maine. potato@maine.rr.com

Re: About Stones Fans
Posted by: adamsday ()
Date: May 24, 2005 19:19

I am new here also.
as of today.
the thing I often dislike about some true fans of other bands are the fans that know everything and give you a hard time or attitue for not knowing as much as they do. Hopefully its not like that over here.
so far so good.

Adamsday.net

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 24, 2005 21:56

To answer some of your questions:

1) I don't know of any film about Stones fans
2) I think you always meet people you know at the various venues. For example Shidoobe organizes pre-show parties for some USA concerts, we want to do the same for the shows in Europe 2006
3) There are some people out there that have an unbelievable knowledge about the Stones. Some of them know everything about their guitars, others have been to more than 200 concerts. But I don't think that there are 1 or 2 people that are seen as the "best" fans.

@adamsday: it can actually be quite rough here sometimes. But it's the best Stones forum, in my opinion as there are also people who are definitley Stones fans but do not appreciate everything they do/did. You shouldn't have problems as a newbie, though - there are great people on here! (Btw, welcome!)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 25, 2005 18:07

1) No film. But check out the extra disc on "Just For The Record". There's some footage of fan-interviews. Also check the book "Fanfare For The Common Fan".

2) Just get to Amsterdam in 2006 and you'll have a great time. smiling smiley

3) I'm the greatest. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 26, 2005 00:20

Phil. Are you coming to Moncton to see the Stones - or will you do Boston instead?

BTW: Welcome.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 26, 2005 00:56

JKentFlash is too young to be the greatest. I am the greatest.

Date: May 26, 2005 03:38

Thanks all, for the information. Boston show for sure for me. Not sure what others if any. I'm a documentarian and I'm really interested in the fan scene. Keep the information coming if there's more. Much appreciated. cheers, Phil in Maine.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: May 26, 2005 05:47

PHIL IN MAINE, I THINK YOU'RE A FRAUD. YOU ARE NOT REALLY A NEW FAN, JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO THINK UP A NEW, UNIQUE TOPIC! YOU FAILED.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2005 06:33

philfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
And forgive me for my
> complete lack of knowledge about what already
> exists and for these basic questions. 1) Has
> anyone ever made a film about Rolling Stones
> fans?? 2) Do fans organize meet ups around
> concerts? Where's the best scene?? 3) In the
> world of the Rolling Stones fans, are there 1 or 2
> fans that are regarded as the 'best' fans??
> I will appreciate all responses to these
> questions.

I'll tell you everything you need to know...for a price!$$$

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: May 26, 2005 08:43

Welcome philfan, I have been a Stones fan since 1963, great fun, our boys, you'll love the Stones.

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 26, 2005 10:09

I also wish welcome on board. smiling smiley
Debra probably has some current problems; forget her/him/it.

Date: May 26, 2005 13:00

A great book was published in 2002 by - , for - ,and about Rolling Stones-fans :

"Love you Live. Rolling Stones Fanfare From The Common Fan" - ed. by Regan, Marilou. More than 250 pages full of fans reporting from all over the world
(: most from the US ), including loads of pictures. More infor here :

[www.loveyouliverollingstones.com]

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 26, 2005 13:03

"Debra probably has some current problems; forget her/him/it." LOL....

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 26, 2005 13:31

Hans Kroniger was making a film on the Licks tour but it is, as yet, unreleased along with his Nikki Sudden movie.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 26, 2005 15:19

Yeah but Debra is in the book "Fanfare" LOL
She is one of the big fans. I do suspect her heart only beats for Micky Jagger though.
I have found that Stonesfans are usually pretty open to new people. That is because we have since day One always gathered new ones. I have been a fan all my life. I can not imagine a life without them./ That is actually a REAL issue I am going to have to deal with soon.
I am also the greatest fan! You shoudl visit ceratin edicational sites to get a crashcourse inm evrything. There are scenes at every show. The hardcores who get together are usually called "Glimmers". And they are MUCH cooler than those tawdry Deadheads. In the USA I suspect the main gatherings are probably in NYC, LA, Chicago and Boston. Boston because the earliest shows are often there.
But the better get-togehers are most definetly in Europe. Especially Amstedam. That is one of the Stone happenings I have never expeienced: a Stone weekend in Amsterdam.

Date: May 26, 2005 15:28

And soon theres gonna be a minor earthquake in Göteborg when four led-heavy geezers have their get-tohether at the famous joint named after the glimmery Bowie-tune from Exile- and Glam- epoque. Get there if you can! It´ll be on the 2nd of July, about 3,30 in the afternoon.

Anyone know wha´ appened to good ol Debra smiling smiley here above
(bad hair night?)... Has she recovered?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2005 21:28

She's probably still upset about paying face value ($450) for 40th row.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 26, 2005 21:44

I'm not rich enough to attend hundreds of concerts, but I think I love the band as much as anyone here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-26 21:44 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: May 27, 2005 02:20

Hey Baboon and Ablett, I have no problem but I smelled a rat here! I may be wrong but my intuition is USUALLY pretty good! The request just didn't sound REAL! It is SO EASY to gather info on the Stones, I just couldn't imagine going about gathering it quite this way! And Chealsea, thanks for remembering that i have my own chapter in The book " Love You Live!" Even if I had not been a part of it, I would think it's a great read! The photos are awesome and I got a kick out of reading other fans' stories about meeting the boys!

Date: May 27, 2005 02:31

A P.S. To Chelsea: I am open to Stones fans 99% of the time, truly! I have met some folks that are still great friends of mine through my love for this band. I wanted to add that I share that horrible deep-down dread of losing these guys from the planet! I can't even say the D word! They have been such a big part of my life they feel like family, they have improved the quality of my life in so many ways and given me such joy over the last 41 years! When life has been awful, I could listen to their music or look at some of my concert pictures and at leastr for a little while escape to a better place! Hope that doesn't sound too sappy! It is all good, all true!

Date: May 27, 2005 03:54

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Baboon and Ablett, I have no problem but I
> smelled a rat here! I may be wrong but my
> intuition is USUALLY pretty good! The request just
> didn't sound REAL! It is SO EASY to gather info on
> the Stones, I just couldn't imagine going about
> gathering it quite this way! And Chealsea, thanks
> for remembering that i have my own chapter in The
> book " Love You Live!" Even if I had not been a
> part of it, I would think it's a great read! The
> photos are awesome and I got a kick out of reading
> other fans' stories about meeting the boys!

No doubt my request seemed odd. I'm a great music fan intersted in fans. I'm new to your world and I'm wanting to know more about you as fans, not about the Stones. I realize you have no idea who I am, I appreciate your trust and help. Phil in Maine.

Date: May 27, 2005 08:09

So, Deb, you´re 41, right? Where I live you dnt ask a lady of her age, but you got us a glimpse above.
Yeah, maybe there is a camel or a rat buried here. But what does it matter, really? I dont understand the fears. Please explain more.

Date: May 27, 2005 14:58

Hey there Baboon, No fears just annoyance. I thought initially that Phil IN MAine was blowing smoke up our collective backsides but perhaps not! And thanks for putting my age at a mere 41; I am a few years beyond that but I'd have to be if I saw the Stones in concert for the first time in 1972. I am a very well-preserved Die-Hard fan who remembers Altamont well, when it happened. I saw Ian Stewart on stage with the Boys, a few times, also Ian MacLagan, Billy Preston and Ollie Brown. And Chelsea knows about me and my Stones encounters because we're peers and " spoke " a few times outside of IORR. I do tend to be suspicious of new-comers but Phil may be sincere.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 27, 2005 15:04

I still don't get the 'suspicious about newcomers"? Its only a board about the stones not witness protection....

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: May 27, 2005 15:10

Philfan, you won't get a hard time here because you new. I have never read a snobby post based upon someone being a newbie. You will encounter people who have different opinions......but thats what makes this Stones hangout fun.

Milo, NYC
Theres a new face in town

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home