Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Toronto Skydome
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: May 24, 2005 17:24

This is strange, I just had a look at tickets for this show and at 10:11 local time I was able to get a single seat in block A3, Row 1 (nice!!) for $99. This is front row yes?! Then when selecting best available in the $450 range it was A5 Row 19. Can anyone explain this?

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Re: Toronto Skydome
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 24, 2005 17:27

This chart is for the Chicago show, but maybe it gives you an idea.
[www.soldierfield.net]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 24, 2005 17:31

erikj..

Why are those seats priced lower? Is it because of the stage height? Seats must be too close where one may be looking up?

Chris F

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 24, 2005 17:34

Could be.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 24, 2005 17:40

They are cheap because tne Stones want real fans up front row, without any need for paying the big bucks. People paying 400 dollars are often VIP and not always the best crowd. Some of them might even leave before the encore, to avoifd queues on the exit, which is really annoying for a band. I se it a lot. It used to be the first 20 rows at all venues but I think the money machine needs to sell more high priced tickets so they limited it to 5 or 10 rows these days. Sure you don't see Charlie to well from row 1 but generally that is the best seats for sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BrianJPreston ()
Date: May 24, 2005 18:15

I got the 125 dollar seats via the fan club on the last tour and they were 3rd row on the floor dead center for Pac Bell now SBC in San Francisco and can tell you those were the best seats in the place our view was just what Bjornulf said it was you could see everything except Charlie's shoes. That is a classic story that I will have to tell sometime as it makes everybody smile even if they are not at a diehard stones fan. Anyway, my advice to fans is to go for the 99 dollar tickets first then 150 before going for the 450s. Take the single and enjoy it. Thanks BV for all the hard work this is the best Stones site on the web.

BP

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 24, 2005 18:19

I was able to sit in the middle of Ronnie's side in Toronto (6th row) and Chicago (7th row) for the mid-price during LICKS. I got nearly as good for Chicago this time around. I think they mix in some cheaper ones so they don't come off entirely like greedy old farts.

Date: May 24, 2005 18:35

I had row one dead center at Giants Stadium 2002. Just pure luck at 99 dollars. That was all I could afford. Remember walking by Howard Stern, who was seated at the far end of that row.

I think may be football stadiums like Soldier Field and Skydome is 99 dollars front, while the baseball venues first 5 or so rows are 150 dollars? Is that right?

Bjornulf

Posted by: sirjagger ()
Date: May 24, 2005 18:37

If U have A vront row ticket ,for seating in america...can U then go to the fence and jumpa and dance and everything? just like in Europe? All of you who has been i US Stones concerts ,what is your experince of this? / Sir

Date: May 25, 2005 09:37

There are chairs all over the place, even on the floor/pitch. You are supposed to stay by your seat. Sure you can jump and dance as much as you like, unless your neighbour fan think you are spilling hsi beer or the dancing is getting too wild of course. That part is easier in an open pitch like they do other places.

Bjornulf

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 25, 2005 10:44

that is way cool, Mr Jimmy - congratulations!
just curious - if you don't mind revealing it, of course: which search option had you chosen when this $99 beauty was presented to you - single/$99/best available or ... ?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: upstny ()
Date: May 26, 2005 07:27

hi:

i was one of those who purchased a5 about 15 rows back for skydome, at 450 a pop...any word on the much talked about "gold circle" seating for skydome...TM Toronto says they know nothing about it, but yet a TM agent in ALBERTA knew about it for the Clagary. none for the much-loved toronto?

Date: May 26, 2005 13:15

Hey with sssoul,

Thanks for the congratulations, but i didnt buy the ticket, i was just browsing! I live in london UK, and have family and friends in toronto but i cant go at the time of the show, i want to go to LA if they announce the hollywood bowl and palladium shows, i'm after a good seat for anaheim but no luck on ticketmaster.

In response to your question, i just selected best available, and it was for a single seat. When i selected 2 or more seats they were way back.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 26, 2005 16:54

Seems like some guys have more luck than others. I talked to people the last two weeks which didnt succeed in getting Tickets (Ticketmaster) in any of the concerts. I feel happy for those who get in for $99, but it makes you think when you do all this rs. com membership try to be the first in place and then get f**ked by a lame system.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 26, 2005 17:23

thanks for the fine-tuning, Mr Jimmy - smile, i bet that was a major shock to the TM system when you threw back that $99 ticket! they must not see too many of those getting tossed back.
i hope your ticket dreams come true for one of the gigs you can get to ... and just in case i'm not being a total nuisance: was it "single/any price/best available" or "single/$99/best available" that elicited that gem? inquiring nail-biters all over the world are pining to know, i reckon ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 26, 2005 18:23

Bjornulf,

Does this $99 theory apply to Arena shows? Or just huge venues like stadiums?

Chris F.

Date: May 26, 2005 18:46

No. I don't think so. Arena shows are priced differently, I think. Generally higher price level. Both for the floor and for the sides some places, like MSG, where half the house is top price. I haven't seen these cheap seets in front. But I am not 100% sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: May 26, 2005 20:53

The Stones keep several front row seats at the $90/100 dollar range, open for diehard fans.

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Date: May 26, 2005 23:22

Hey again with sssoul,

In response to your questions, it was single/any price/best available.

This is actually quite encouraging, that TM are not taking the piss out of us and assuming that we will think $450 would be best available.

Thanks for the good luck vibe, I really hope I can get to those west coast shows!

And thankyou as always bv for your incredible knowledge and advice! Cheers...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home