Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2016 03:55

A collaboration with SNL alum Jim Breuer

Brian Johnson sings on “Mr. Rock n Roll”

confused smiley

Date: May 18, 2016 03:57

Hairball

confused smiley

i thought people were saying jim wasn't in the loop

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 18, 2016 10:03

Hairball

confused smiley

Tabloids obviously still find a pontetial to be squeezed from the The Johnson - Breuer connection. Sure, an article like this will make some people say (possibly even without reading it) that it confirms the real connection between Johnson and Beuer, therefor confirming everything Breuer said. He says a lot of "interesting" things, like "Brian is the most powerful voice in rock & roll," to quote something from this recent article. With all due respect...c'mon eye rolling smiley

If you finish the "article," you can see tour dates - Mr. Breuer is on tour with that record, which will be released in a couple of days. Desperate attempt to get attention...again.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 18, 2016 10:32

Axl as singer in AC/DC...OK, why not..he kind of has the right qualifications for a AC/DC-sounding voice...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: May 18, 2016 10:34

Happy24
Hairball

confused smiley

Tabloids obviously still find a pontetial to be squeezed from the The Johnson - Breuer connection. Sure, an article like this will make some people say (possibly even without reading it) that it confirms the real connection between Johnson and Beuer, therefor confirming everything Breuer said. He says a lot of "interesting" things, like "Brian is the most powerful voice in rock & roll," to quote something from this recent article. With all due respect...c'mon eye rolling smiley

If you finish the "article," you can see tour dates - Mr. Breuer is on tour with that record, which will be released in a couple of days. Desperate attempt to get attention...again.

first off Johnson and breuer have been friends for years. not sure what more of a connection you want? second jim's statement clearly says "to me Johnson is the most powerful voice n rock n roll" so that its phrased as his opinion and only an opinion. finally what desperate attempt to get attention? he asked Johnson to sing on the song and he agreed.

Date: May 18, 2016 12:53

keefriffhard4life
Happy24
Hairball

confused smiley

first off Johnson and breuer have been friends for years. not sure what more of a connection you want? second jim's statement clearly says "to me Johnson is the most powerful voice n rock n roll" so that its phrased as his opinion and only an opinion. finally what desperate attempt to get attention? he asked Johnson to sing on the song and he agreed.

Yes, Johnson and Breuer have been friends, I don't doubt that and I admit that the way I wrote it it actually seems I did - my bad.

What I meant is that a lot of people (incl. me) had no idea there was some Breuer until his "scandalous revelations" about AC/DC. Now, he has an album out and a tour he needs to promote, so there he goes with Brian again, which of course makes sence since Brian sings on two tracks (which is rather a big deal, I don't mean to undermine that), but mostly the whole AC/DC/Axl situation is used for the purpose, which I find disgusting. I quote the article:

"Before being sidelined by a hearing condition and replaced by Axl Rose, Johnson entered the studio to record what could well be his final songs ever."

What the hell does the fact, that Axl sings with AC/DC has to do with Breuer's record? Of course dramatic statements like what could well be his final songs ever are helpful to attract attention.

And I quote again: It’s clear Breuer takes great inspiration from Johnson when it come to his music, as the two trade vocals with almost imperceptible differences. Both screech in that shrill, door-busting voice as a guitar line very reminiscent of an AC/DC track chugs along underneath.

So now the AC/DC guitar lines are a way to promote Breuer's record? What does Angus, whom Breuer made look like the biggest a..s ever think of that?

So to me this really is a pathetic effort to attract attention, to sell more of Breuer's records and tickets and nothing more. It is my opinion of course, nothing else. And well, it is just the way it works and pretty much everybody does it this way, so no big deal really.

The story (supporting Breuer's new single) meanwhile spreads around the internet: [radio.com]

In this article, in the first sentence you get to know that a comedian Breuer has a single out. The rest is about AC/DC and the statement Breuer made about AC/DC. Axl Rose makes an appearence too, of course. In the very last sentence you get to know again, that The track is part of Breuer’s debut album Songs From The Garage which is set to be released on May 27th. Nice. There are two sentences (the first and the last) that are what the whole article is about. The body of the article is there only to attract attention and to generate clicks.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-18 23:34 by Happy24.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2016 23:28

Aside from the who, what, why, where, and when of Jim Bruer, his song with Brian kind of sucks doesn't it?
Like a mock/tribute...I don't know whether it's supposed to be serious, or tongue-in-cheek like Spinal Tap .

Date: May 19, 2016 06:17

Hairball
Aside from the who, what, why, where, and when of Jim Bruer, his song with Brian kind of sucks doesn't it?
Like a mock/tribute...I don't know whether it's supposed to be serious, or tongue-in-cheek like Spinal Tap .

well he's a comedian so I'd say its tongue in cheeck

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 19, 2016 12:56

Riff Raff Werchter : fantastic job

[www.youtube.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: May 19, 2016 21:00

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 19, 2016 21:19

Killer version of shoot to thrill

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 19, 2016 21:30

goddamn man! if you want blood and sin city were insane.i mentioned in a post before the tour that axl was a big fan of bon scotts and he probably would do only songs from that era if he could get away with it,he really nails that stuff.

started sin city a little weak,he needs to nail it from the word go-DIE-monds and dust.but thats a minor complaint though,they sound really good.

when is he getting that damn cast off? hard to believe axls doing all this sitting down-and it does matter.

Date: May 20, 2016 06:52

Has anybody attended the gig in Vienna yesterday? What time did AC/DC start and how long was the break between the support band and AC/DC?

Date: May 20, 2016 17:47

AC/DC 20h45 - 23h

Awesome Rock'n roll Damnation

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: May 20, 2016 19:35

Happy24
Has anybody attended the gig in Vienna yesterday? What time did AC/DC start and how long was the break between the support band and AC/DC?

The support band started on time at about 7.15 and ended at about 8; ACDC began at about 8.40, and ended close to 11.

Great show and pure RnR (& conforming to all expectations), take your earplugs!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 20, 2016 20:01

Brian finally speaks about the issue:

[www.blabbermouth.net]

I'm now 100% willing to admit I've been a conspiratorial idiot on this matter.

I STILL think Angus could have been more gracious and generous in terms of giving Brian a proper sendoff, and I DO think Angus was all too eager to get a younger singer with healthier pipes, but this should put any of the more extreme rumors to bed.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 20, 2016 20:42

Thanks for sharing that link keefriff99.

Although I agree that the statements to the press could have been handled much better than they were, it's nice to hear, from Brian, that it ultimately was his decision and that he had the support of the band to make what I'm sure was a pretty difficult decision to make.

Even though Angus and Cliff (or Brian) could have stepped up to the mic at any time, overall, I think much of the blame for the mystery/bad pr probably lies at the feet of the lawyers, insurance agents, promoters & media relations "professionals" within the AC/DC & tour organizations. Millions of Dollars worth of insurance policies (and potential lawsuits) were (and still may be) on the line if the business entity known as AC/DC wasn't able to fulfill it's contractual obligations as a result of Brian having to step away. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in Brian, Agnus or Cliff's shoes when they're being told by some lawyer/business manager not to say anything without getting it "approved" first.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 20, 2016 22:15

New date added for Düsseldorf, June 15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-20 22:20 by TooTough.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 21, 2016 00:16

keefriff99
Brian finally speaks about the issue:

[www.blabbermouth.net]

I'm now 100% willing to admit I've been a conspiratorial idiot on this matter.

I STILL think Angus could have been more gracious and generous in terms of giving Brian a proper sendoff, and I DO think Angus was all too eager to get a younger singer with healthier pipes, but this should put any of the more extreme rumors to bed.

So we can blame the lousy Winnipeg weather!! smiling smiley I saw the following show in Vancouver and thought they were awesome.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2016 01:14

TooTough
New date added for Düsseldorf, June 15

They add a date for a tour "fans" said they'd boycott cos they didn't wanna support this travesty of a band?
I like when ppl eat their words! Angus and Axl must laugh their ass off. >grinning smiley<

And I hope they'll choose Düsseldorf for a DVD/Bluray!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 21, 2016 01:16

powerage78
AC/DC 20h45 - 23h

Awesome Rock'n roll Damnation

[www.youtube.com]

Yep. Axl standing makes a difference...
The song Rock 'n' Roll Damnation can't do no wrong. It's a Classic!

If push comes to shove AC/DC could carry on without a singer.

Just play all songs intstrumental, lend out lyric sheets and let the stadium sing/shout the lyrics.

Edit: Just listened to Mr. Rock and Roll hot smiley

Posted above. @#$%& Great!!!

GREATEST AC/DC song since decades!!! I LOVE IT.

HAHAHA! What a voice BRIAN JOHNSON for EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-21 01:25 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 21, 2016 01:39

shattered1978
Just saw them do it in Werchter.
Fantastic. Angus is a true rock hero.
And Axl did a great job. Sympathetic and respectful to the Bon and Brian era's.

Between support act and ACDC they played during 30 minutes only Stones songs...
Halfway the second time JJF they kicked off.
Other songs were SFM, GS, SftD, MR, BS.

Remembers me of GnR in Rotterdam 1992.
While waiting for GnR to hit the stage the highlight of the evening was the whole stadium clapping and singing along to Queen's We Will Rock You played before they got on on stage some 2 hours late.
GnR could not bring the stadium to it's feet again with their own songs. Most people liked We Will Rock You by Queen played in the intervall beter...
Just saying:
THE ROLLING STONES ARE THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND EVER!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-21 01:44 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 21, 2016 10:45

Again a strange thing. Bringing the booked tour to an end with a replacement
is one thing. And then selling another show to earn some more...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-21 10:49 by TooTough.

Date: May 21, 2016 12:23

TooTough
selling another show to earn some more...

Earning more is not on top of Angus' or Axl's priorities : they're both super-wealthy. Nah I think it's a genuine "thank you" to their most loyal market : Germany (as well as a f-you to all the naysayers?)

Btw the G&R tour starts EIGHT days after this show. Slash must be fuming...

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 22, 2016 16:34

I try not to be cynical but I just don't get it. If I was a huge AC/DC fan, (I'm a bit of a fan) I would want a refund. If I bought a ticket I would want to see more of the band than just Angus. I know Brian wasn't the first singer but he's been fronting them for decades now. They should bill it as "Angus Young Presents The Music Of AC/DC Featuring Axl Rose." It just ain't AC/DC anymore...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 22, 2016 17:49

Anyone else going to Hamburg this week?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 22, 2016 17:59

YESSS!!!!!

I've never liked Axl... but thursdaynight I'll be somewhere on the field in Hamburg.

Date: May 22, 2016 18:22

... with earplugs! During a 2015 gig in New Zealand they were heard 6,5 km around...

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 22, 2016 18:30

In 2009 I saw AC/DC in Ahoy Rotterdam...that was really loud, but sooo good!
Last year in Cologne there were 80.000 people between me and the stage,
so I didn't really see the band that night.

It's so strange to see Axl on stage thusday... never liked him, but maybe he will surprise me.

Date: May 22, 2016 23:41

Prague : historic setlist
    [*] ...
    [*] ...
Rock or Bust
Shoot to Thrill
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Rock'n' Roll Damnation
Thunderstruck
High Voltage
Rock 'n' Roll Train
Hells Bells
Dog Eat Dog (inédite depuis 2009)
Given the Dog a Bone
If You Want Blood (You've got it)
Sin City
You Shook Me All Night Long
Shot Down in Flames
Have a Drink on Me
T.N.T.
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Highway to Hell
Touch Too Much (jamais interprétée en live !)
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2006
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home