Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Slow Sales?
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 23, 2005 16:35

On other homepages of Stones Fans I would ready that sales for some shows began rather slow compare to previous tours. However you can't get much tickets at ticketmaster and if you try it is mostly only for single seats and way back in both arena and stadium shows. I mean you still can go via the often discussed ticket-brokers. But I am just wondering wha't the case. Also not a lot of additional shows have been added..... somtimes I wonder why......

Re: Slow Sales?
Posted by: country honk ()
Date: May 23, 2005 19:03

Well, Boston has sold out two shows and has added 2 more shows.... just an example....

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: May 23, 2005 19:08

You can go to Detroit and buy as many tickets as you want right now in the $400 seats. I looked last night, and I could buy 8 in a row in row 20

Date: May 23, 2005 19:16

05.23.05 STONES TICKET SALES SOAR
16 Shows Sold Out for "Rolling Stones: On Stage" World Tour

NEW YORK, NY -- (May 23, 2005) - Fans rushed to buy tickets to 9 Rolling Stones concerts that went on sale this past weekend driving instant sell outs. These dates combined with 7 concerts that went on sale and sold out the previous weekend mark a total of 16 concerts for the "Rolling Stones: On Stage" World Tour that have already gone clean. Over 450,000 fans are already set to experience the excitement of the Rolling Stones. Tickets are on sale today for Philadelphia (Wachovia Center) and East Rutherford (Giants Stadium).

Fans are able to enjoy special access to tickets, exclusive merchandise and can also follow the tour online at www.rollingstones.com. For the first time ever, concert goers will be able to see the exact seat locations and choose the price level of tickets before purchasing a platinum membership to the fan club. Every ticket sold for the tour will include a free Virtual Ticket membership in the Rolling Stones fan club. Updated daily, users will be given an exclusive insider's look at every aspect of the tour. From rehearsals and preparations to on-going coverage via audio and videos streams, downloads, set lists and news and much more.

The U.S. leg of the "Rolling Stones: On Stage" World Tour is presented by Ameriquest Mortgage Company.

Rolling Stones World tour 2005/2006 will be presented by Concert Productions International and the Next Adventure and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

Date: May 23, 2005 19:21

I just looked at TM for Philly, I could have bought section 112 row 15 for $450. It appears to me that they are having trouble in some venues selling the expensive seats.

I have a feeling in some of the upcoming sales that there won't be as many 400 dollar seats for sale. I bet the $160 seats will start much closer to the stage. Looking at e-bay, it looks like scalpers are having trouble even getting face value for many venues on these higher end tickets.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: May 23, 2005 20:26

I could just have had two seats at sectin 111, but for USD 450 it's a bit out in the blue. I think you're right that they might think twice about ticket prices when realeasing the next lot of concerts.

Posted by: gagaman ()
Date: May 23, 2005 23:53

$350 field seats in Hershey aren't moving at all....

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: May 23, 2005 23:56

I had no luck anywhere getting two tickets together for a show.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 24, 2005 00:00

San Diego and SF are sold out

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 24, 2005 14:17

I seem to remember reading some where that sold out is 75-85% of the tickets.

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: May 24, 2005 14:43

They are not 100% "sold out" so to say, as there are different channels of distribution (sponsors, VIPs, band tickets, travel packages and some seats are blocked until final stage layout is known etc.).. Some of the tickets may not be used/sold and will be sold in public sale (tm.com) or at box office on show day... So "sold out" does not mean there won´t be any tickets anymore.. Just be patient...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 24, 2005 19:21

boston shows are not sold out and they did not add two more
tix are still up for first two

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 25, 2005 08:26

Any Poop on the Fresno show?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1266
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home