Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith photos 73/74
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 1, 2014 04:24

What the heck is sandwiched in the high hat? Love Keith's hi-tech recording device.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 1, 2014 04:32

mighty stork
What the heck is sandwiched in the high hat? Love Keith's hi-tech recording device.

Foam. I assume that IORR was played on that tape player for their miming. smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 1, 2014 04:49

Aquamarine
It's just possible he's wearing it here--hard to tell . .

It looks more like a scarf over a leather jacket.

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: February 1, 2014 05:11

Aquamarine
It's just possible he's wearing it here--hard to tell . .

Yeah, this is the vest over a silk shirt. I've seen the video.

Date: February 1, 2014 06:04

stonehearted
I doubt there is a picture of Keith's "butterfly jacket" in existence. I think the closest we'll get is a photo of Richard Simmons in a butterfly shirt....

One exists since he's wearing it in this photo, but like I said, it's really grainy. You can just make out the butterfly in his lapel and he's wearing the pants that were in the other picture I posted. I'm just looking for a better example. smiling smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 1, 2014 06:38

bitman
stonehearted
I doubt there is a picture of Keith's "butterfly jacket" in existence. I think the closest we'll get is a photo of Richard Simmons in a butterfly shirt....

One exists since he's wearing it in this photo, but like I said, it's really grainy. You can just make out the butterfly in his lapel and he's wearing the pants that were in the other picture I posted. I'm just looking for a better example. smiling smiley

The large picture of the girl wearing it said it was the same coat as one that Keith owns.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 1, 2014 09:28

bitman

Yeah, this is the vest over a silk shirt. I've seen the video.

Oh well. Sorry, best I could do (and not half as scary as those Richard Simmons pics eye popping smiley ).

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 1, 2014 17:09

At the July 13th Kilburn show Keith wore a white shirt under the butterfly vest with that red Nudie jacket that Gram Parsons gave him.
On the 14th he wore a red shirt and the butterfly vest and trousers. The Graham Wiltshire photo of him with Ronnie in the seats
is from that night, and I think you're mis-seeing the butterfly vest and a dark jacket.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 1, 2014 17:28

mighty stork
What the heck is sandwiched in the high hat?

LOL I thought about that too. Seems like they tried to deaden the drum sound. Even the hi-hat?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 1, 2014 17:42

CousinC
mighty stork

LOL I thought about that too. Seems like they tried to deaden the drum sound. Even the hi-hat?

Smile: Y'all have heard of miming to playback, right?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 1, 2014 17:54

Of course. Thats why they did it.

Date: February 1, 2014 19:22

with sssoul
The Graham Wiltshire photo of him with Ronnie in the seats
is from that night, and I think you're mis-seeing the butterfly vest and a dark jacket.

Yeah I see what you're saying there. Keith bought a lot of his clothing back then from Granny Takes a Trip, which made the vest, pants, and also a jacket in that butterfly materia. Seeing as how he wore so many Granny jackets, one would have to think that he had a jacket to go along with the pants/vest.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:26

CousinC
mighty stork

Looks like there's something on the drum heads, too.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: February 13, 2014 04:16

Sorry withaheadfullofsnow but I never cared for the transvestite looking Keith era myself. Tough sounding music played by girly looking limp wristed wimps just makes no sense to me.

Date: February 17, 2014 04:13

Thanks for all the pics folks.

@batonrouge75 - I tried reaching out a few weeks back, was hoping to see some pics of your '72 Stones tee. My email is on my membership page, would love to see it.

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: February 17, 2014 04:18

What??

Date: February 17, 2014 04:22

I was looking through old threads the other day and saw something about a shirt from their '72 tour? Maybe it was someone else that had one. Apologies if it was.

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: February 17, 2014 04:30

No problem. I still have it. Purchased before the first show at Fort Worth 1972.

Date: February 17, 2014 04:44

batonrouge75
No problem. I still have it. Purchased before the first show at Fort Worth 1972.

Wow, Awesome! Care to send me a pic?

Date: February 20, 2014 04:10

any luck finding a pic of the shirt?

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 20, 2014 22:31

His Majesty
withaheadfullofsnow

He should have saw the warning signs from Brian, hooking up with Anita was bad for your health and sanity. grinning smiley

The funk coming off and out of him during this time must have been unbearable to straight people!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home