Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Something Of Interest For Fans Of Early Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 16, 2014 03:41

Kickstarter campaign to help finance Jeremy Spencer's new album and US Tour. Relatively affordable meet and greet opportunities and, for the superfan, the chance to have dinner with Jeremy and/or have him play at your private event.

[www.kickstarter.com]

Re: OT: Something Of Interest For Fans Of Early Fleetwood Mac
Date: January 16, 2014 03:52

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 16, 2014 03:57

I'd like to see him play. I saw the original Fleetwood Mac back in the day, when both Jeremy and Peter Green were in the group. They were nothing but brilliant blues, although I was in no condition to appreciate their music very much at the time. Then, Jeremy Spencer was preparing for a gig at the Whisky a Go Go with the band, and while walking down Sunset Blvd., he encountered some members of the Children of God cult, and that's all she wrote. Never even made the gig. Too bad so many wasted years with the cult. But . . . glad to see him still around.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 16, 2014 04:24

tatters
Kickstarter campaign to help finance Jeremy Spencer's new album and US Tour. Relatively affordable meet and greet opportunities and, for the superfan, the chance to have dinner with Jeremy and/or have him play at your private event.

[www.kickstarter.com]

Gawd-awful! The things musicians have to go through these days just to finance an album and tour. It's a glorified version of the way high school athletes are made to stand at intersections with change jars to beg for hand-outs from passers-by just so they can play a season of high school sports.

I think John Lydon had the right idea--just do an $8 million butter commercial and be done with it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 16, 2014 08:22

I wish Brian could have carried forth his slide playing like this. My favorite, so far, Jeremy Spencer w/FMac on Preaching Blues:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 16, 2014 16:22

stonehearted
tatters

[www.kickstarter.com]

Gawd-awful! The things musicians have to go through these days just to finance an album and tour. It's a glorified version of the way high school athletes are made to stand at intersections with change jars to beg for hand-outs from passers-by just so they can play a season of high school sports.

I think John Lydon had the right idea--just do an $8 million butter commercial and be done with it.

The idea's been around a while. Way back in 1996, I saw a tiny ad on the back page of the Village Voice that said, "Party with The Who's John Entwistle. Open bar, o'dourves, and private concert. Tickets $175. Only 200 tickets will be made available.

Well, 200 x $175 gave John, who was known to have financial problems, $35,000 in seed money to help finance his tour, and all he had to do was schmooze with his fans a little and then perform a short set. It was fun. I got to literally belly up to the bar with The Ox and then got to run around on the empty dance floor, slam dancing with myself, basically, while he played. Then they had us all pile into limousines, just like we were rock stars, and they took us to some ritzy little place uptown for an after party. Rumors that Pete was going to be there turned out to be false, but the buzz from that night lasted for weeks. One of the best nights of my life.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-16 16:31 by tatters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home