Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Best Concert of 2013
Date: December 31, 2013 11:14

Rolling Stones Vegas and Philly 6/21 these were the only two Stones shows I was able to attend in 2013.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 31, 2013 11:49

jammingedward
Iggy & The Stooges in Adelaide (made it onto the stage and Iggy held the mic for me to sing the last line of 'Funhouse'. Then the whole band were on my flight back to Melbourne the next day- got a photo with Iggy who was a lovely guy!)

Neil Young & Crazy Horse @ 3 different venues in Melbourne.

Wilco, 2 nights at Hamer Hall

Bob Dylan @ Le Haigh university, Bethlehem Pensylvania

Willie Nelson @ New Orleans Jazz Fest

Luke Winslow King @ 3 Muses, NO

You Am I, Forum, Melbourne.

Despite all of my travelling, I didn't manage to get to any Stones shows because they announced them so close to tour's start I couldn't change plans.

However I will make up for that with 5 Stones shows here in Australia next year!!

I love You Am I. Criminally overlooked band in the rest of the world.They have so many truly great songs. I have had the chance to chat with Tim Rogers a few times @ bar shows in Seattle. He even played a request for me! I got to see them once in Melbourne at Big Day Out on my 40th birthday in 2001. A splendid way to spend that day! Melbourne is my favorite city in the world that I've been to. I also saw AC/DC on that trip in a smaller venue in Sydney. It was a very good trip musically!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 11:50 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 31, 2013 11:52

Melbourne is my favorite city in the world that I've been to

My oath .... great place ..

ROCKMAN

Date: December 31, 2013 12:50

Rockman
Melbourne is my favorite city in the world that I've been to

My oath .... great place ..

I wanted to move to St. Kilda.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 13:12

Shows I saw this year. All great except KISS who where so-so.
Bruce Springsteen
Bon Jovi
Roger Waters
Kiss
Robbie Williams
Unfortunately without Stones, but hope to catch them in 2014.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 13:13 by island01.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: December 31, 2013 16:26

Rolling Stones Hyde Park 6th July and 13th July.

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: December 31, 2013 16:32

Hyde Park #1 winking smiley
Arctic Monkeys at Best Kept Secret in Holland was also pretty good

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 31, 2013 19:33

Hyde Park 13th july
Springsteen Wembley
The Who o2 (day after Bruce) London
Fleetwood Mac Berlin o2.

I saw this year Macca, Clapton, Iron Maiden, Toto, Richard Hawley, Fish as well. All were awsome.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2014 00:41

I wanted to move to St. Kilda.

I lived there for a couple years... colourful place...
but now days not as bohemian as it once was

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: January 1, 2014 09:27

crholmstrom
jammingedward
Iggy & The Stooges in Adelaide (made it onto the stage and Iggy held the mic for me to sing the last line of 'Funhouse'. Then the whole band were on my flight back to Melbourne the next day- got a photo with Iggy who was a lovely guy!)

Despite all of my travelling, I didn't manage to get to any Stones shows because they announced them so close to tour's start I couldn't change plans.

However I will make up for that with 5 Stones shows here in Australia next year!!

I love You Am I. Criminally overlooked band in the rest of the world.They have so many truly great songs. I have had the chance to chat with Tim Rogers a few times @ bar shows in Seattle. He even played a request for me! I got to see them once in Melbourne at Big Day Out on my 40th birthday in 2001. A splendid way to spend that day! Melbourne is my favorite city in the world that I've been to. I also saw AC/DC on that trip in a smaller venue in Sydney. It was a very good trip musically!

Great to hear you saw some awesome music here in Australia!
Tim is a good guy. The shows You Am I did this year they played the albums 'Hourly, Daily' and 'Hi Fi Way' in full, back to back, with an encore of songs of their first few releases. It was a killer show.

It's a shame they never took off in the rest of the world!

Date: January 1, 2014 14:19

jammingedward
crholmstrom
jammingedward

Tim is a good guy. The shows You Am I did this year they played the albums 'Hourly, Daily' and 'Hi Fi Way' in full, back to back, with an encore of songs of their first few releases. It was a killer show.

Big Day Out is a cool festival. I liked how they had 2 main stages, so it was constant with no long breaks. + all of the secondary stages. You Am I was on one of those. The first time I saw You Am I was opening for Soundgarden, here in Seattle. That show was released as a bonus disc on 1 of the cds & was called "Someone Else's Gig" I think. I have it & it truly rocks. They were 3rd bill & battling a lack of attention but played ferocious. The next night they played a small bar with no one there but a lot of the big players on the Seattle scene. That show was mindblowing. I keep up with them via import still. I like a lot of Australia/New Zealand music. Seems rock is still alive down there. Although he doesn't live there anymore, 1 of the best shows I saw last year was Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. Nick seemed recharged perhaps because of the Grinderman project. I've got tickets to see him again in July. Also have tickets to see Neil Finn in March. Neil is a long time favorite dating back to Split Enz for me. Seattle seems to be a stronghold for him & he always does great shows here & have seen Eddie Vedder sit in with him a few times. Have met him also. He's not doing many US dates this time. Looks cool, as he is going to have both of his sons & his wife playing with him. Such a great songwriter. Hope to visit Australia again sometime. Really liked it down there. Was lucky enough to spend a month on the trip I did take. Cheers & happy new year!smileys with beer PS: Also a pretty huge Midnight Oil fan. Would love to see them get back together!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-01 14:21 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 1, 2014 20:07

crholmstrom
jammingedward
crholmstrom
jammingedward

Big Day Out is a cool festival. I liked how they had 2 main stages, so it was constant with no long breaks. + all of the secondary stages. You Am I was on one of those. The first time I saw You Am I was opening for Soundgarden, here in Seattle. That show was released as a bonus disc on 1 of the cds & was called "Someone Else's Gig" I think. I have it & it truly rocks. They were 3rd bill & battling a lack of attention but played ferocious. The next night they played a small bar with no one there but a lot of the big players on the Seattle scene. That show was mindblowing. I keep up with them via import still. I like a lot of Australia/New Zealand music. Seems rock is still alive down there. Although he doesn't live there anymore, 1 of the best shows I saw last year was Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. Nick seemed recharged perhaps because of the Grinderman project. I've got tickets to see him again in July. Also have tickets to see Neil Finn in March. Neil is a long time favorite dating back to Split Enz for me. Seattle seems to be a stronghold for him & he always does great shows here & have seen Eddie Vedder sit in with him a few times. Have met him also. He's not doing many US dates this time. Looks cool, as he is going to have both of his sons & his wife playing with him. Such a great songwriter. Hope to visit Australia again sometime. Really liked it down there. Was lucky enough to spend a month on the trip I did take. Cheers & happy new year!smileys with beer PS: Also a pretty huge Midnight Oil fan. Would love to see them get back together!

I am scheduled to attend Big Day Out in Sydney on the 26th. I wanted to see Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire. But I am thinking of canceling, since I am going w/the family to Melbourne in March to see the Stones. Just seems a little extravagant to travel to Australia twice in two months to see concerts. I would love to attend the festival, but I may need to bow out.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 1, 2014 20:40

out of the Stones concerts I saw Philadelphia 2 was the Highlight. However I am dare to say that I loved all other Shows as well. Exept for Vegas where I expected a bit more. anyway London 2 in 2012 was very very good as well.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: January 1, 2014 20:47

DandelionPowderman
am personally related to sigurros, where did you see them ?

In their studio, Dyri, before getting thrown out...

Just kidding, good times. We gotta come back smiling smiley thumbs up

smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 7, 2014 21:44

Icona Pop at the Troubadour best show. 1:49 to 1:54 might be the greatest moment in my concert going life.

Best arena level gig Black Sabbath, best "reunion" show Claw Hammer.

complete list of 2013 shows,

[www.freewebs.com]

I still haven't counted to see how it compares to other years. I started on a top 10 list but lost it. Stones would probably be at the halfway point on the overall total. Always great to see them but also never felt like my face was about to melt. The way they used Mick Taylor would probably put them toward the top of the list of biggest disappointments if anything...

3 favorite new bands of 2013 were DRÆMINGS, Haunted Summer and Heathen Apostles.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 8, 2014 19:52

Will SOMEONE please explain why it was disrespectful of the Boston crowd to cheer Keith singing his part in " Memory Motel", and why someone felt the Boston crowd was rude? I was at both Boston shows and the folks I met were extremely friendly, very into the shows, very knowledgeable about Stones' History, and because I was on my own, they were especially kind. Plus these 2 shows were exceptional: first we got Mick Taylor playing " SWAY", and then on the second night, "Memory Motel" was simply perfect...to see Mick and Keith singing TOGETHER was something extremely rare, as you all know. It was as close as we're going to get to the Glimmer Twins singing together!
Someone has it in for Boston for no good reason, it appears.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: January 8, 2014 19:56

The 6 Stones shows I saw...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:01

Bruce Springsteen at Wembley Stadium: an incredible 3 and a half hour of musical magnificence.
The Stones 1 and two in Hyde Park: two hours of sheer beauty.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:08

mickschix
Will SOMEONE please explain why it was disrespectful of the Boston crowd to cheer Keith singing his part in " Memory Motel", and why someone felt the Boston crowd was rude? I was at both Boston shows and the folks I met were extremely friendly, very into the shows, very knowledgeable about Stones' History, and because I was on my own, they were especially kind. Plus these 2 shows were exceptional: first we got Mick Taylor playing " SWAY", and then on the second night, "Memory Motel" was simply perfect...to see Mick and Keith singing TOGETHER was something extremely rare, as you all know. It was as close as we're going to get to the Glimmer Twins singing together!

I traveled to Boston for both shows. I too felt that the people were egotistical and arrogant. Ran into a lot of people that just bragged about themselves and thought they knew it all. Maybe I just had bad luck or just met the wrong people but I'll never go back. people were nicer in NJ and thats not saying much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 21:22 by RockinJive.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:08

Fist Philly show 6-18-13

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:54

mickschix

Boston is a band. To cheer for Keith at a Boston (the band) gig is disrespectful for Boston (the band). Not if you're seeing Chicago (the band)...there's a Keith in Chicago (the band)...so the Keith from Chicago (the band) might think the cheers are for him and for our Keith.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: January 8, 2014 22:22

Top 5 concerts in 2013: 1) Rolling Stones Friday in. Chicago, May 31; 2) Rolling Stones in Chicago on my 50th birthday on June 3rd; 3) Rolling Stones opening US show in LA on May 2; 4) Alice Cooper on July 12 in Mpls; and 5) Alice Cooper on July 11 in Mpls.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: January 9, 2014 01:44

sigur ros , mammut, straits.
canadian.sway
Black Sabbath, Deftones and Sigur Ros all impressed me though.

Oh some Sigur Rós fans here! Cool! smileys with beer
(I also like the Straits, seen them in 2012)

My best 2013 concerts:
Sigur Rós in Paris/London/Lyon/Helsinki - amazing band (studio AND live)
The Rolling Stones at Hyde Park July 6th

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-12 22:53 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 9, 2014 02:10

Rocknjive, it must be you did not luck out where you sat...Boston has always been one of the friendliest cities in the USA. ( not my opinion, just from what I've read ). I think you should give Boston another shot....the Stones LOVE Boston, even played the hallowed Fenway Park!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: January 9, 2014 03:07

mickschix
Rocknjive, it must be you did not luck out where you sat...Boston has always been one of the friendliest cities in the USA. ( not my opinion, just from what I've read ). I think you should give Boston another shot....the Stones LOVE Boston, even played the hallowed Fenway Park!

If you ever go mickschix let me know what you think. Again I'll never go back. I love all cities big and small but not this one.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 9, 2014 03:12

RockinJive
mickschix

If you ever go mickschix let me know what you think. Again I'll never go back. I love all cities big and small but not this one.

I feel your pain. If you're from another city you're not wanted. I'll avoid Boston like the plague.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 13, 2014 13:30

Best shows of 2013: 1) Leonard Cohen at Radio City Music Hall; 2) Brian Wilson/Jeff Beck at Sands Bethlehem Events Center; 3) second Stones show in Philadelphia; 4) Pearl Jam in Baltimore; and 5) Nick Cave at Strathmore. Honorable mention to New Orleans Jazzfest.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: January 14, 2014 00:35

Black Crowes/ A/dam + London
Springsteen in Gladbach and Paris
Lucinda Willams in Groningen and A'dam
Sinead O' Conner in A'dam
Eric Steckel near the Hague

Enjoyed them all

had the opportunity to buy Stones tickets but set list scared me off.

Next will be Soundgarden and Jeff Back / both in 1000 capacity only

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 14, 2014 00:42

Best show:
RS Philly 2

Best crowd:
RS Glasto

Bjornulf

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: January 14, 2014 03:40

dylan,thats friggen hilarious.and im a huge fan of his work.hes my favorite artist.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home