Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Oh no, not you again...
Posted by: frankie ()
Date: May 11, 2005 20:51

complete pressconference now on www.dimeadozen.org complete songs. audience recording.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 11, 2005 21:02

Thanks! But I get some error message. Does it work for you?

It says:
"RollingStones2005-05-10 New York.flac" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string

Can I press a "mark all messages read" butoon somewhere to solve it? ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-11 21:04 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 11, 2005 21:08

works now

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: May 11, 2005 21:13

Sounds like a going through the motions exercise - i don't like it.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 11, 2005 21:36

Is there anyone out here that know any other site to download this torrentwise;
dimeadozen seems to be overcrowded.

...Well, ok, I saw Gazzas thread nearby here, right now I´m torrenting it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-11 21:40 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 11, 2005 22:08

The song is growing on me, and yes I like it. I have the short version but it's awsome, AND the melody sticks in your head!!!!!! Very powerful! And I agree with JumpingKent it has a bit of Talk Is Cheap sound to it. What more could you ask for from The Stones!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock on baby!

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: May 11, 2005 22:10

It's tight and it's loose at the same time - it's the Rolling Stones alright!!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 11, 2005 23:00

As with all Stones songs when they first appear, they sound a little like one of their kin. But spend some time with them and they show their own personality.

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-11 23:01 by Rockman.

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: May 11, 2005 23:04

It's already stuck in my head!
Great groove and guitars that sends me back to
the 60's and 70's. Great rock and roll. Can't wait for the album.
I surely will play it loud!

HJofSweden

Date: May 12, 2005 01:47

Sorry but it's not a great song for me...I'd hope better, Mick's vocal is not at his best and seem a little bit repetitive.
I play it a lot of time but I am not convinced.
Don't shoot me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2005 01:58

Got the complete song from a link on the shidoobee board. They played it very sloppy at the PC, especially the ending, but I'm sure it will sound great on the album and on the tour - a true rocker!

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: May 12, 2005 02:03

It sounded like Jagger sang in the wrong key. I think the album version will be fine.

Dayo

Date: May 12, 2005 09:16

Mick's completely lost his growl from years ago - it's like listening to half a performance. The songs one long cliche anyway.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 12, 2005 09:47

I got the complete song from Rockpassion. I've listened to the whole song a few times and it's definitely more interesting than I thought after hearing it from the press conference in NYC. The guitars sound raw and dirty. I hope the new cd will contain more rockers like this one.

Date: May 12, 2005 10:08

Its like some critics said here in Sweden: Its back to the Tattoo You days.. But further, I´d say! This is Chuck Berry taken into the 00´s ... deep steep ripped off the 50´s rootsrock but with the 40´s sense of swing, pace & strategic / instinct based silence past the 60´s rough edges via the 70´s zonked out and speeded up cokespeedy Glimtwinrock'n'roll, the 80´s heavy beating, the 90´s rebirthing & rootsdfinding and out as a naked & leather-dressed-to-kill @#$%& punk rock 'n' roll worse than any man ever seen at least since... Since when? Damn it, Man, this is as great - or GREATER, yes! Yes, babies! Its Greater, even Greater!! Listen to those solos, to those grooves, the riffs... The coopeartion & harmony between the four core guys, and Mr Jones doesnt mess it up, he sure aint, on the contrary... - as the Pistols, as the early U2 (sorry), Elvis, Chuckster, Dolls, Stooges, Purple... hum... My words are gone, oput of words... Goddam it, what a song! What a groove! Oooo, this is gonna be a loooong expensive - but terrific & wonderful & amazing year for ol´ baboon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-12 11:47 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 12, 2005 11:46

i've just listened to the new song, and my mouth spontaneously said:
OH, LORD!

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: May 12, 2005 14:43

@#$%& GREAT SONG . we wanted rock and here it is , raw and simply. Best Stones . I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 12, 2005 18:28

I think it was A GREAT NEW SONG. Reminded me of the 1st time I heard Start Me Up! A FAB new rocker. Nice one guys!

Thanks, and I have already spent a FORTUNE ON TIX.

JR

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: May 12, 2005 19:57

Do you think this will be the most catchy song of the new album?

Date: May 12, 2005 21:09

It'll sound all right until the novelty wears off - it's far worse than Anybody Seen My Baby.

Date: May 12, 2005 21:12

Edward T.; I´m sure you will change your mind.
Or you just want a discussion;
you wont have an argument with me: I love the song.
Period.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 12, 2005 21:42

I also like it. I am surpirsed that someone would prefer ASMB over this. One song has trendy slick production that most people here don't like, and the other is straight forward rock n roll. Some people are just hard to please I guess.

Date: May 12, 2005 21:51

It's the Stones going through the motions without a touch of the inventiveness/creativity of their best years. At least with Anybody Seen My Baby they were doing something which stood by itself instead of a lame imitation of what they once were.
If this represents the standard of their latest music the Stones need to pack their bags.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 12, 2005 21:55

Don't know how you can judge their creativity these days based on a 2 minute sloppy and unrehearsed version of a new song. Give them a chance before saying they need to pack their bags.

This is the same thing that was mentioned before. If the Stones do something different it is called trendy and people hate it or say it is Mick trying to be hip. If they do something that sounds like typical Stones than they are running through the motions.

So Edward does this mean you were a big fan of B2B?

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: May 12, 2005 22:03

they're the best rolling stones coverband i ever heard!

Date: May 12, 2005 22:06

I didn't like BTB particuarly but if the Stones were a little more inventive even if their work was reminiscent of their peak years i wouldn't react so harshly. Afterall Start Me Up in 81 was like a throwback to the traditional Stones but it was a great song also that although maybe not as good as their very best work could stand alongside them. This new song wouldn't stand up to anything the Stones recorded pre - 81. It doesn't bode well after an (apart from a few tracks) eight year break.

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: May 12, 2005 22:30

get real mr twining ! lighten up a bit

Imagine how good a band should be for it to get comments like twinings....

The best ever!!

The stuff you tell your grandchildren about...

Posted by: stonesncrowes ()
Date: May 13, 2005 05:16

the chorus sounds good but something sounds off on the verses to me. I can't quite tell what. I'll have to hear the studio version before I decide whether or not I like it.

Date: May 13, 2005 09:05

Edward Twining: Be honest, hand on the heart - You wouldnt even admit Gimme Shelter was a good song even if that was written now!

Lay off the negativeness and Listen to the New Stones since last Tuesday; if you cant see promises in ythis, I really fear for your sentiment.

Come on, mate! Open your ears! We all have different taste, but you must see the band is full of energy & the new song is a fresh, crisp rocker! I can understand though stonesncrowes doubt about the verses, maybe jagger tried to approach the rap-style a little too much there - that has to vanish. No break has also been said being a strange thing, but it can wok out without any - in fact I think it would have destroyed the song.

ONNYA is a killer, a real Richards-initiated song that will reach as far as Satisfaction & SMU... In my not humble opinion at all it will be judged as big as these songs, mark all messages read...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-13 09:45 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: May 13, 2005 09:11

I definetly think the song on the album will be good. However, Mick did not sound good at all on this song for the live show. Very depresing!! His voice was all the same tone, and very bad, I hope he warms his voice better for the tour. yikes!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home