Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT : Phil Collins
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 14, 2013 21:21

The only reason we are reminded of his music is thru main stream repetitive Radio music. Other than that - a non factor.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 14, 2013 22:00

Why don't we all just admit that Phil Collins is a guilty pleasure and move on?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 14, 2013 22:13

tatters

Well, he's no Phil Collen but I guess he's not all bad.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 03:01

Most despicable singer, "frontman", and "producer". What he did to that Clapton album was beyond words. I loathe everything about his solo output, and what Genesis became with him as singer.
And then on the other hand Genesis with Gabriel is one of my favorite artists of all time. And Collins was a dynamite, brilliant drummer with them.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 15, 2013 04:03

What was it the evil emperor dude said to luke? oh yeah....

Let the hate flow through you.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: December 15, 2013 08:43

tatters

I like his tunes when they come up on my local classic rock station. I saw him on his first solo tour about 1982 or so. No horns. Very tight and enjoyable. "I Don't Care Anymore" was a tour de force with two drummers. He was on and off the drums all night plus (obiously) had a second drummer. Chet Thompson prolly.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 16, 2013 20:18

So what's his new project? Solo, Genesis, singing only, or some drumming (last I heard a back operation left his fingers numb and he couldn't play)?

I'm in the minority here, I like Genesis, at least the stuff with Steve Hackett and before; became way too pop after.

I will say though, he tried to turn Clapton's album into a Phil Collins solo album and I agree it had a horrible sound.

I also saw him on Robert Plants first solo tour, and although it wasn't Phil Collins fault, that was equally as horrible (first of all, no Zep songs, secondly, beyond the opening notes of In The Mood it was so loud and distorted you couldn't tell what song they were playing).

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home