Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How will keith celebrate his 70th birthday ?
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 1, 2013 02:14

stonehearted
dcba
I wonder if he'll get a phone call from Mick... Would be a nice gesture though!
C'mon Mick be a "beau geste" dude : call Keef... collect! >grinning smiley<

Doubtful. Recall how Keith chose not to attend--or was not invited to--Mick's 70th (which was also a tour wrap party), retiring instead to his hotel room.

In Mick's words, "We have a strong working relationship," and when you're on vacation you don't call someone from the office at their home to wish them a happy birthday, you just see them when you're at the office.

We don't know Keith didn't call Mick on his birthday. Or send him a fax, anyway! (There was another side to that story, as I recall, involving Keith sleeping through the whole thing. He may have genuinely not felt up to attending. Who knows.) Anyway, my co-workers and I would send each other texts or emails on birthdays, so I'm not sure the rule always applies.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 1, 2013 02:45

corriecas
Buy a Mars bar and spend a day with Marianne

Jeroen

eye popping smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 1, 2013 11:04

Aquamarine
stonehearted
dcba

Doubtful. Recall how Keith chose not to attend--or was not invited to--Mick's 70th (which was also a tour wrap party), retiring instead to his hotel room.

In Mick's words, "We have a strong working relationship," and when you're on vacation you don't call someone from the office at their home to wish them a happy birthday, you just see them when you're at the office.

We don't know Keith didn't call Mick on his birthday. Or send him a fax, anyway! (There was another side to that story, as I recall, involving Keith sleeping through the whole thing. He may have genuinely not felt up to attending. Who knows.) Anyway, my co-workers and I would send each other texts or emails on birthdays, so I'm not sure the rule always applies.

Well perhaps Keith did call Mick on his birthday--he called him Brenda.

At this point it's really all academic. Whether they get along personally or don't socialize, it doesn't matter. They don't need to be "hanging out" like brothers and such at age 70 anyway--I mean, who does that anyway? Mick and Keith are each content in their own lives, and all that matters is that they are able to summon the professionalism necessary to keep the Stones rollin' and please the fans, which, despite their personal disagreements and hang-ups, is more than the Beatles were able to do. So, whether they talk or not doesn't matter--The Stones are rolling in 2014 and beyond....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 1, 2013 11:13

stonehearted
Aquamarine
stonehearted
dcba

Well perhaps Keith did call Mick on his birthday--he called him Brenda.

At this point it's really all academic. Whether they get along personally or don't socialize, it doesn't matter. They don't need to be "hanging out" like brothers and such at age 70 anyway--I mean, who does that anyway? Mick and Keith are each content in their own lives, and all that matters is that they are able to summon the professionalism necessary to keep the Stones rollin' and please the fans, which, despite their personal disagreements and hang-ups, is more than the Beatles were able to do. So, whether they talk or not doesn't matter--The Stones are rolling in 2014 and beyond....

The cake will have to be prepared to fit 70 Candles. Also, the local Fire Department will have to be summonsed to monitor any potential fires-

Happy Birthday to the greatest guitar / song writer in history!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 11:20 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 1, 2013 11:13

Yup, that's the important thing! smiling smiley

(I was talking to stonehearted there, but happy birthday to Keith too, of course!)

And then I had to edit again because apparently I can't spell birthday. *sigh*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-01 11:16 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: December 1, 2013 13:16

Of course it's also his 30th wedding anniversary (and mick was best man)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 1, 2013 14:46

Aquamarine
Yup, that's the important thing! smiling smiley

(I was talking to stonehearted there, but happy birthday to Keith too, of course!)

And then I had to edit again because apparently I can't spell birthday. *sigh*

That's what happens when you get old Aquamarine...HA, HA!! smileys with beer

Who puts candles on their birthday cake after they are an adult? My family knows better than to do that to me...

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 1, 2013 17:51

He'll probably say "It's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere", and watch some Rowley Birkin QC on DVD.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 1, 2013 18:03

tomcasagranda
He'll probably say "It's great to be here, it's great to be anywhere", and watch some Rowley Birkin QC on DVD.

Yep. As my Dad used to say..."when you get to a certain age, you're just glad to have another birthday to celebrate." After the life he's led, I'm sure Keith feels the same way.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 1, 2013 18:42

I'm 42, I'm epileptic, and am currently in a job that I love, for a great company: everyday is a good reason to be alive. I'll be 43 on 02/01/2014, and am really counting my blessings. At any age, another birthday is a blessing.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home