Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Exciting gig news according to Mick Jagger
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:00

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:38

stonehearted
It's amusing that everyone automatically thinks that a new tour will be announced in the middle of November

Not everyone. Please

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:40

corriecas
mailexile67
BV, there will be also some surprises about new material, at least a couple of new songs?!

Hope Not.
the last 2 were CRAP.
jeroen

Disagree.

Date: November 20, 2013 02:06

Mick said "gig news", so it sounds more like the announcement of a single gig (the one in Australia in the new stadium?), not of a complete tour. That would be "tour news". Or I'm just to fussy with his wording.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:16

StrawberriesBlueberries
Mick said "gig news", so it sounds more like the announcement of a single gig (the one in Australia in the new stadium?), not of a complete tour. That would be "tour news". Or I'm just to fussy with his wording.

That's like saying we here at IORR microanalyze ever minutia of detail in every event in the lives of the Rolling Stones...oh wait...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:24

Stones, E-Street Band etc.. sounds like the World Down Under is the place to be in Spring/ Fall (actually Fall) 2014.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:02

There's been too much smoke recently for there not to be fire

Date: November 20, 2013 03:30

This is gonna be expensive. Just paid of the credit card from the last round of dates.

Date: November 20, 2013 03:33

Just looked into flights and hotel. Looking at about $5,000 USD for hotel and airfare for 2, from Philly to almost anywhere in Australia. Ouch.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:37

^ That's okay--there will only be kangaroos to see in Australia anyway.grinning smiley

However, if you're looking for a less-expensive option, if you drive up to Connecticut you may catch a glimpse of Keith having lunch.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 04:16 by stonehearted.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:43

I rang the Intercontinental in Adelaide this morning and they are charging $740 for the Saturday night of the show so something is definitely cooking!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:56

I hope they plan to play the rest of the world. Those of us in the United States have had our share of opportunities to see them. I would love to attend a massive stadium gig one last time, or an arena show with a cool setlist, but the truth is that most of the world hasn't gotten to see them!

Jagger may not announce new songs but I for one really hope a new album is in the works. A final album w/Taylor...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:04

flacnvinyl
I hope they plan to play the rest of the world. Those of us in the United States have had our share of opportunities to see them. I would love to attend a massive stadium gig one last time, or an arena show with a cool setlist, but the truth is that most of the world hasn't gotten to see them!

Agree it was amazing to see in person, all fans deserve one more shot...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:11

Wow! Away for the day and look what happens...here's hoping for good Stones news to those on the other side of the world. smiling smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:12

jazzbass
Just looked into flights and hotel. Looking at about $5,000 USD for hotel and airfare for 2, from Philly to almost anywhere in Australia. Ouch.

That's about what it cost me to do the 7/13 Hyde Park show from SF. It was worth every penny. Getting to see the Ray Davies show the day before was a nice bonus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 04:13 by Woz.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:55

Ladies and Gentleman they are back! The most eagerly anticipated concert for years and the entertainment opening of the world class Adelaide Oval in 2014 were announced as rock icons The Rolling Stones confirm their long awaited return to the stage in Australia with a spectacular show.

This special Adelaide show continues the exhilarating celebration of the band’s five decades, with Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Woods bringing their iconic music and ground-breaking stage shows to audiences around the globe. Mick Taylor, a member of the Rolling Stones from 1969-1974 will be a special guest for this concert.

[premier.ticketek.com.au]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:07

"More Rolling Stones concerts in Australia, and one in New Zealand, will be announced in the next few weeks."

"Mick Taylor, who was a member of The Rolling Stones from 1969 to 1974, will be a special guest at the concert."

[mushroom.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 05:09 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 20, 2013 05:09

Yes, the Stones just have posted this on ther Facebook page:

Mick Taylor, who was a member of the Rolling Stones from 1969-1974, will be a special guest for this concert.

The stage design for this show includes a massive ramp, over 30 metres long, which extends right into the audience allowing the Stones to interact directly with their audience. Known for their ground-breaking sets and use of cutting-edge technology, the Stones’ set design will feature video screens and special effects that will enhance the high-octane experience of attending a live Stones’ show.

This is easily going to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, stage and production Adelaide has ever seen with nearly 60 trucks required for all the staging and production. It will be the only show in Australia featuring this level of outdoor production.

The Rolling Stones are really looking forward to this huge concert to open this iconic new venue:

Mick Jagger said: “It’s great to be invited to Adelaide to open the historic Oval…we’re really looking forward to doing this gig, it will be the first time we’ve been to Adelaide in nearly 20 years, so see you there!”

Keith Richards said: “Hi everyone down in Adelaide, it’s been a while since we were in your back yard… see you on March 22 when we’ll take over your new stadium and make it our own, look forward to it”.

Tony Cochrane from iEC said “Adelaide Oval and the Government asked me to come up with the biggest night I could think of for this one off event to re-open Adelaide Oval – that made it easy – it had to be The Rolling Stones and it had to be on a massive scale! ”

The Rolling Stones were recently crowned the ‘Best Live Band” at the NME Awards in London, and over the past 12 months have thrilled fans with the release of a ground-breaking new documentary, ‘Crossfire Hurricane’, a greatest hits collection, ‘GRRR!’, a massive US tour and a ground-breaking, back to back, sold out set of two historic Hyde Park concerts in the UK in front of 120,000, which are chronicled in a new concert film ‘Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live’.

The Adelaide concert will be promoted by IEC in association with Frontier/AEG Live.

More Rolling Stones concerts in Australia, and one in New Zealand, will be announced by Frontier Touring & AEG Live in the next few weeks.

Date: November 20, 2013 05:10

Yes, news outlets Down Under have been reporting for hours that The Stones have "confirmed" this, yet there's no word on that Twitter link in the OP.

Shouldn't people wait until the word is officially confirmed?

EDIT: Ah, so it has been--forgot to click on the Web link to their site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 05:13 by stonehearted.

Date: November 20, 2013 05:13

stonehearted
Yes, news outlets Down Under have been reporting for hours that The Stones have "confirmed" this, yet there's no word on that Twitter link in the OP.

Shouldn't people wait until the word is officially confirmed?

It's on their Facebook page already.

And the tickets will be on sale soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 05:14 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: November 20, 2013 05:16

And here is the official announcement, on the Stones website:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: November 20, 2013 05:23

So it's going to be the same stage, show, and guest concept, with Mick Taylor playing on Midnight Rambler and acoustic guitar on Satisfaction for the final bow.

It's great that more people in other parts of the world will get to see the show, and it is a great show to see, but it also looks like a new album in 2014 is out of the question.

I guess it means we can also forget about a Faces reunion.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 05:25 by stonehearted.

Date: November 20, 2013 05:25

I think that the people who couldn't see them live this year probably won't regret the lack of a new album, as long as they can see them on tour. Just guessing. smiling smiley

Date: November 20, 2013 05:28

^ Yes, true. But the people who have already seen them live this year and the year before are no doubt anticipating the next stage of their career.

Date: November 20, 2013 05:28

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:31

Cristiano Radtke

SWEET!!!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:38

$79 general admission tickets!!! thumbs up Prices are surprisingly affordable after seeing the cost of tickets to the American shows. Range from $79 to $510.

More Australian and one NZ show to be announced next week. I'll be in NZ for Bruce Springsteen in early March so I hope the dates align for me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 05:40 by OneHit.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:52

OneHit
$79 general admission tickets!!! thumbs up Prices are surprisingly affordable after seeing the cost of tickets to the American shows. Range from $79 to $510.

More Australian and one NZ show to be announced next week. I'll be in NZ for Bruce Springsteen in early March so I hope the dates align for me!

I'd expect the arena shows to be somewhat pricier on average.

AS$79 is £46 or US$74. Thats not bad at all - and even the top price (just under £300 or US$480) is quite a bit less than what some feared.

The seating plan does show the GA tickets to be at the back of the field BEHIND the on-field seating, though. So, dont be expecting a pit for the Stones if thats any yardstick.

The NZ show will apparently be a stadium gig too, with the other Aussie dates being arena sized. If thats the case, expect the Stones to be in NZ a good bit later in March than Bruce.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:54

The Stones obviously aren't too concerned about scalpers as the limit is 10 for Frontier's pre sale - for the Boss it was 4 per transaction.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 20, 2013 06:03

winos
The Stones obviously aren't too concerned about scalpers as the limit is 10 for Frontier's pre sale - for the Boss it was 4 per transaction.

stadium shows tend to have bigger limits - but yes, youre correct.

Thats the formula that worked to their benefit for the shows last year and earlier this year - let the scalpers buy up the most overpriced seats which takes the heat off the promoter in trying to offload them to the public. If the scalpers get their fingers burned in misjudging the demand for $500 tickets, it suits the promoter and band. The tickets are still sold - the buck is then passed to the scalper to fill the venue.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home