Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: any fans of Meat Loaf?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 13, 2013 17:18

keefriffhard4life
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Bat Out Of Hell - what the hell? Is it a continuing story? How lame. Can't he do something new and original?

And what the hell is the "that" in that awful he would do anything for love but he wonm't do that "song"?

Skippy, I thought you were a cunning linguist?

lol

anyways the "that" in the song is actually several different things. the song starts of with meat loafs character telling a women what he would do for love and then lists something he won't do. i bolded these parts in the lyrics. the chorus is actually his character taking back the one thing he won't do. he is basically telling little white lies to get the girl in bed making her think he cares

at the end of the song the girl finally tells him what he needs to do to get her in bed. at the very end she basically acuses him of using these same tricks to get more girls in bed and he finally admits he won't do that.

everyone get it now?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Several people I know think - as I have/do - that it's about something else, which I won't go into here. I thought it might come up, hence why I asked the way I did ha ha. It's hilarious nonetheless.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 13, 2013 19:17

Prefer Pot Roast's series Drip On The Floor.

Don't know how many releases there were...

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 20:04

Rockman
.... there's a clown in every circus

...so right...
smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 13, 2013 20:09

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Bat Out Of Hell - what the hell? Is it a continuing story? How lame. Can't he do something new and original?

And what the hell is the "that" in that awful he would do anything for love but he wonm't do that "song"?

lol

anyways the "that" in the song is actually several different things. the song starts of with meat loafs character telling a women what he would do for love and then lists something he won't do. i bolded these parts in the lyrics. the chorus is actually his character taking back the one thing he won't do. he is basically telling little white lies to get the girl in bed making her think he cares

at the end of the song the girl finally tells him what he needs to do to get her in bed. at the very end she basically acuses him of using these same tricks to get more girls in bed and he finally admits he won't do that.

everyone get it now?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Several people I know think - as I have/do - that it's about something else, which I won't go into here. I thought it might come up, hence why I asked the way I did ha ha. It's hilarious nonetheless.

there is something fellatious in your humour.

Date: October 13, 2013 21:32

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

lol

everyone get it now?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

i get the "that" you are talking about but no unless meat loaf and steinman are just messing around they say the song states what "that" is

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 13, 2013 22:33

Fanciful imagination guys...I always thought the lyrics were pretty clear on what he promises not to do. All through the song he denies that he's willing to be faithful, and then he finally gives in and says, yes he will stay true to her. Then spends the rest of his life paying for it.

Girl : I know the territory - I've been around,
It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down,
And sooner or later you'll be screwing around.

Boy : I wont do that!
I wont do that!

Anything for love, I would do anything for love,
I would do anything for love,
But I wont do that, I wont do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-13 22:37 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 13, 2013 22:53

...he had "Bitch Tits" in Fight Club ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 13, 2013 22:58

Rockman
...he had "Bitch Tits" in Fight Club ....

..speaking of imaginations, or should I say one track minds, Rockee? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 13, 2013 23:00

....just thought I'd bring it to the front .....heeehaw

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 14, 2013 03:09

Meat Loaf is for me, one of the greatest rocksingers of all time. I like his music a lot, especially when Jim Steinman the producer is. I saw him live in 1987 and in 2003.

Date: October 18, 2013 13:07

meat loaf isn't really a songwriter, though he has credits in a lot of his albums. he is a singer but you can tell by his choice of cover songs where his heart is:
-mercury blues
-california dreamin
-forever young
-the promised land
-lawyers, guns and money
- black betty
-gimme shelter
- why don't we do it in the road
- roadhouse blues

you get the point

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 18, 2013 20:53

He did a pretty good job in FIGHT CLUB. Not every man can pull off having large breasts.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 18, 2013 20:59

any fans of Meat Loaf?

My mother made a good meat loaf, so does my wife, but I do not like the way most restaurants make them.
That being said, I am a fan of my wife's meat loaf and I was a fan of my mother's meat loaf.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 18, 2013 21:10

BluzDude
any fans of Meat Loaf?

My mother made a good meat loaf, so does my wife, but I do not like the way most restaurants make them.
That being said, I am a fan of my wife's meat loaf and I was a fan of my mother's meat loaf.

No offense - I am not a fan or patron of meatloaf. It is abusive of Hamburger meat. To mix it with bread or greeen peppers ruins the whole concept. Why not just cook hamburger on a grill and enjoy its own purity?

I don't eat meat that much but like Italian Sausage on the grill and enjoy how it was meant to be consumed.

Date: October 18, 2013 21:13

Chris Fountain
BluzDude
any fans of Meat Loaf?

No offense - I am not a fan or patron of meatloaf. It is abusive of Hamburger meat. To mix it with bread or greeen peppers ruins the whole concept. Why not just cook hamburger on a grill and enjoy its own purity?

I don't eat meat that much but like Italian Sausage on the grill and enjoy how it was meant to be consumed.

Now I'm missing StonesTod, he would have dived head first into this meatloaf...

Date: October 18, 2013 21:16

latebloomer
Chris Fountain
BluzDude
any fans of Meat Loaf?

I find it curious that Chris is a beef purist but has no compunction about bastardizing his pork sausage with Italian seasoning.

Sorry, it just makes me have cow.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 18, 2013 21:21

treaclefingers
latebloomer
Chris Fountain
BluzDude
any fans of Meat Loaf?

I find it curious that Chris is a beef purist but has no compunction about bastardizing his pork sausage with Italian seasoning.

Sorry, it just makes me have cow.

EAT MORE CHIKIN!! - MOOOO!!!hot smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 18, 2013 23:17

tastes good.

sounds terrible.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 18, 2013 23:52

No!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 19, 2013 01:11

...Is it meatloaf or is it cake? Let's call it meat cake. It's been in the Fridge forever. What, you don't want it? No don't throw it away...somebody will eat it...

Date: October 19, 2013 01:25

jim steinman tells the story that the song bat out of hell came from a chord variation of jailhouse rock

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 20, 2013 08:34

Yes, a fan...Paradise By The Dashboard Lights....my friends like to blast it for me every time I'm in NY! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: October 20, 2013 08:52

[www.youtube.com]

This is a disaster, 2011 AFL Grand Final, Meatloaf threatened to sue anyone that posted this at the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-20 08:54 by lapaz62.

Date: October 20, 2013 08:59

lapaz62
[www.youtube.com]

This is a disaster, 2011 AFL Grand Final, Meatloaf threatened to sue anyone that posted this at the time.

that was harsh but 2 things.

1 he later said there were sound issues and the performances he gave at scheduled gigs in australia the next few days were much better than that

2 something happened with his voice around 2007, when he was about 60, and doctors supposedly told him he would never sing again then. he does pretty well for a guy who will never sing again i guess

Date: October 27, 2013 14:54

It's the silly season here with Halloween coming up and Meat Loaf is getting in on the act...

Date: October 27, 2013 15:05

latebloomer
It's the silly season here with Halloween coming up and Meat Loaf is getting in on the act...

Funnily enough we had Meatloaf WITH BACON last night (man that was an OIL SOAKED meal...it's still coming back on me)...I may have enjoyed it more had it looked more like that!

Date: October 27, 2013 15:12

treaclefingers

Funnily enough we had Meatloaf WITH BACON last night (man that was an OIL SOAKED meal...it's still coming back on me)...I may have enjoyed it more had it looked more like that!

Better you than me, treacle. The last time I ate meat loaf was some three decades ago, and from the looks of it, I don't think I've missed anything.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 27, 2013 16:03

Date: October 27, 2013 16:22

latebloomer
treaclefingers

Better you than me, treacle. The last time I ate meat loaf was some three decades ago, and from the looks of it, I don't think I've missed anything.

Yes, I wouldn't wish it on anyone and won't be eating that again any time soon!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 27, 2013 16:34

treaclefingers
Yes, I wouldn't wish it on anyone and won't be eating that again any time soon!

what if it had a better name? Would that help?

Never, in my entire life, has the name "meat loaf" ever sounded like something I wanted to eat, even a kid I was ugh, meat loaf? then I got SMACKED and yelled at about some starving childern somewhere and how I needed to apprecblah blah balh blah blah blah blah... yeah yeah yeah.... which eventually led to SMACK!! Quit playing with your food.

Meat loaf? No, Thank you.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home