Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: USA/Canadian users - show us your neighbourhood
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 26, 2005 14:34

I read an article in an Austrian newspaper today - about a new Google service called Google Maps.
Well, the service with the maps is old, but there is a new one - satellite. There's a photo of the whole world, and if you live in the US or Canada you can zoom in up to the point where you can see your house! You can for example even see the cars on the Golden Gate Bridge! Really incredible - if this technology is freely available for the general public, I really wonder what the military can do...

Check it out here: [maps.google.com] and then choose "satellite" on top of the page, on the right side, next to "maps"

Re: OT: USA/Canadian users - show us your neighbourhood
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 26, 2005 14:46

Somewhat spooky;
there is though a similar service in Swden where you can see aerophotos on your surroundings; go to [geoimager.lantmateriet.se] (The Land Measurement Board)

...Then click "Nya Ullevi" & you´ll se where the Stones are gonna play next summer. (You cliock in the small window to the right; that´s searching for a locality.)

The zooming tool is to the right (2nd one from the pic-window). At this one you zoom downwards.

Re: OT: USA/Canadian users - show us your neighbourhood
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: April 26, 2005 17:02

Thanks Baboon Bro!
I surfed the web a bit and found an interesting program from the Nasa, it's for free download here:
[worldwind.arc.nasa.gov]
A really impressive program!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home