Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: The Last Great Stones Song?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 23, 2013 15:22

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: September 27, 2013 14:02

It is very bad of you to think that Stones had no Great songs in last 30 years. I wouldn't say that my favourite band's last great song was 35 years ago (or even 42 as some say). Almost Hear You Sigh is as good as Beast of Burden is so I also consider it great. Highwire is also a great song and is in my top 10 listened Stones' songs. Undercover has a few great songs. One Hit from DW is also great. Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and A Bigger Bang all had some very good songs and some of them are considered great by many fans (Love is Strong, I Go Wild, Saint of Me, Out of Control, How Can I Stop, Laugh I Nearly Died, Rough Justice, Back of My Hand) and some have even said Doom and Gloom and One More Shot which I also consider very good, maybe even great (I have to listen to them a bit more). I don't know why is it so hard to consider something great just because it was realased after 1981? If you have someone who hasn't heard a single Stones song in their life and play some songs from the Golden Era and some songs from Vegas Era you would see that they would like both and say that both are great (or maybe even say that Vegas ones are better but I doubt it). Don't be so strict to your favourite band and don't underestimate them. Cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: September 27, 2013 20:14

KRiffhard

>grinning smiley<

Glad they didnt release that one. The opening alone sounds like a pastiche of the openings for Jumpin Jack Flash and Street Fighting Man!

Date: September 27, 2013 20:24

It's a coin toss between One More Shot and Doom And Gloom. A better question would be what was the last Stones "Blockbuster" which is a step above great. I can think of a hundred and fifty "great" Stones songs.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 27, 2013 20:40

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home