Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Marianne
Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 1, 2013 16:23

I agree about Mick's hair being great.

You all know a lot more about the Stones than I, but this is the first time I've ever heard MF described as "honest." The impression I've had of her is directly opposite.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 1, 2013 22:19

agree with stonesrule, latebloomer, withsssoul, aquamarine, who agrees with them guys, me and Claire's impression suggesting that she aggrees with stonesrule, latebloomer, withsssoul, aquamarine who agrees with them guys and me.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 1, 2013 22:23

thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 1, 2013 22:31

Aquamarine
thumbs up

I agree with Aquamarine. thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 1, 2013 22:31

Godxofxrock9

Their thoughts:

Marianne: These huge glasses are so cool.
Mick: Wish she would take off those stupid glasses and give me some head. Wow! Two great song ideas - "Stupid Girl" and "C*%&sucker Blues"!

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: October 1, 2013 23:41

sat beside her in an AA meeting in Belmont Mass. for about three months in the early 80's. Her broken jaw wired shut, All the junkie lesbos in the meeting protecting her. When her jaw healed she was able to talk, that Broken English voice was intact. Holy shit it was Marianne @#$%& Faithful. And then she was gone.......

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 1, 2013 23:44

Quite a story stringpull

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: October 2, 2013 06:54

Why is it that so many women when they think someones listening seem to think they have to pretend their disgusted by cock? They aren't as we all know and you have to wonder why anyone as sophisticated as MM must be,doesn't realize this?

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: October 2, 2013 10:15

When she was hot.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 2, 2013 16:08

rob51
Why is it that so many women when they think someones listening seem to think they have to pretend their disgusted by cock? They aren't as we all know and you have to wonder why anyone as sophisticated as MM must be,doesn't realize this?

Not sure where you get that idea from rob51, but to be fair to Marianne, she has said that she suffered from eating disorders and I would imagine that has something to do with her conflicting attitudes about men and sex. If you hate your own body, it's hard to enjoy it, let alone someone elses.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 3, 2013 07:17

She wasn't with Mick in 1970....he was w/ Bianca! Somehow her timeline is screwed up...and they split after he filmed Ned Kelly in Australia. which was in 1968..she OD'd and he dumped her..she was too much trouble for him...that might have been when she miscarried.

Date: October 3, 2013 07:39

I did some facts checking and Ned Kelly was filmed in Australia in 1968 when Mick was with Marianne. It was not released until August of 1970. She miscarried a daughter in 1968, went into a major depression, taking lots of drugs. Mick apparently had enough of her suicidal moods and they split; she attempted suicide in 1970 after losing custody of her son by her husband John ( who she left to be with Mick).

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 3, 2013 07:52

Mickschix -

Ned Kelly began shooting in July '69, right after Brian died.

I think they basically split up when Mick left for the U.S. tour in '69 - that was when she had that fling with the Mario Schiffano dude, right? I think they got back together for a bit in early '70 but then it ended for good.

But, then, I get all my facts from Tony Sanchez, so I could be way off base.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 3, 2013 08:11

Ned Kelly filmed in 1968? Mick was filming Performance that year, which is why he has that dark hair on David Frost and R n R Circus.

There is a photo of Marianne at Hyde Park with her son. Then days later they left so that Mick could film Ned Kelly (Marianne's suicide attempt was 10 days or so later, in Australia)--that was the reason given for Mick not showing up for Brian's funeral.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-03 08:31 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 3, 2013 08:27

Hyde Park 5 July 1969......Marianna over-doses in Sydney 8 July and spends about 5 days in a coma....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 3, 2013 08:33

<<Hyde Park 5 July 1969......Marianna over-doses in Sydney 8 July and spends about 5 days in a coma...>>

Sydney, yes that's it!.... And, according to her autobiography, Brian visits her while she's in that coma....

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 3, 2013 08:59

stonehearted
<<Hyde Park 5 July 1969......Marianna over-doses in Sydney 8 July and spends about 5 days in a coma...>>

Sydney, yes that's it!.... And, according to her autobiography, Brian visits her while she's in that coma....

...in her dreams I suppose...

2 1 2 0

Date: October 3, 2013 09:49

Come On
stonehearted

...in her dreams I suppose...

It appears that Brian's spirit (astral body) was still earth-bound for several days after his death:

"I know for a fact that heaven and hell are here on earth,” she says emphatically, before describing with perfect recall a vision, a dream she had during a “suicide attempt” in 1969. It was soon after she’d miscarried Mick Jagger’s child at seven and a half months; days after the death of Brian Jones, luminous original driving force of the Rolling Stones, who drowned on the other side of the world, in a pool that had once belonged to AA Milne. The Stones had just done a concert in Hyde Park, at which Jagger read Shelley in tribute to Jones, and then Faithfull got on a plane with Jagger to Sydney, where he was filming Ned Kelly.

"It was a vision I had after I’d taken 150 Tuinals. I didn’t intend to take so many, I just kept taking them on the flight and I remember taking a whole load more after I ordered hot chocolate on room service. I wasn’t dead, I was walking along in no-man’s land with Brian Jones and he said ‘this is where I go’ and he fell off the edge of the abyss and I didn’t, I had to walk all the way back again, and I walked a very long way. I was in an airport and there were planes coming in and taking off and I said I’m waiting for Mick to come and get me, which indeed he did, he brought me back. I remember it all.”

Full interview at: [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: October 4, 2013 01:33

I copied my info right from WIKIPEDIA but now that I recall, I think that you're right aboutwhen the overdose was...it WAS after Hyde Park because I recall it was not long after that they split. So, Wikipedia can be wrong!! Yes, Mick's black hair was during PERFORMANCE and that was before Hyde Park ( obviously). I will let WIKIPEDIA know they need to get their dates straight.So, they were indeed split for the most part before 1970?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 4, 2013 02:21

Yes, they were split before 1970, Marianne had become her own worst enemy.

Date: October 4, 2013 02:38

mickschix
So, Wikipedia can be wrong!!

This point cannot be made often enough!

Also, I believe at one point Marianne was supposed to play Mick's sister in Ned Kelly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-04 02:38 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 06:55

Aquamarine
mickschix
So, Wikipedia can be wrong!!

This point cannot be made often enough!

Also, I believe at one point Marianne was supposed to play Mick's sister in Ned Kelly?

Nelly Kelly?

Date: October 4, 2013 09:37

Now you made me spill my drink! Tsk.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2013 18:44

Aquamarine
Now you made me spill my drink! Tsk.

If you're wearing a white shirt and the stain won't come out I can offer to pay for half the dry cleaning.

Just trying to be fair.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home