Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Pink Floyd and the Stones
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 7, 2013 15:04

Wow, San Q. I don't agree with that description of Gilmour at all.
IMO he is one of the most creative guitar players ever.

When you say Gilmour plays the same solo with the same licks over and over again, I honestly don't think you have listened much to Gilmour or Pink Floyd.
Listen to ‘unknown’ and rarely played songs such as Signs of Life, Cluster One, Marooned, Dogs, Any Colour You Like etc. The guitar work is brilliant.
His solos may be his trademark (Time, Money, Comfortably Numb, Have a Cigar), but his work on Animals and The Wall demonstrates that he can be a great rhythm guitar player as well.

If you think Gilmour is sterile, boring and not emotionally appealing listen to this rare acoustic version of Shine on You Crazy Diamond.

Not to forget that he is one of the best pedal/lap steel guitarists in the business (watch from ca. 4.00):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-07 15:14 by The Worst..

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 7, 2013 17:58

Thanks for posting these three videos, The Worst, really shows his talent. That last one "BARN JAM 166 - beautiful sound, really nice to listen too and of course Richard Wright - who added so much to the Floyd sound in the 70's.

Love the album Echoes (my 1st exposure to the group in 71) and the song itself is one of my favorites of all time...

Live at Pompeii:

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: September 8, 2013 09:28

Pink Floyd is Pink Floyd and Pink Floyd is not the Rolling Stones OK, GET IT???

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home