Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Miss You, Italy, 1982...
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 14, 2005 08:36

I remember an interview Bill did a few years ago in Q magazine
which he said a fan from Germany sent him a tape of Miss You
recorded in Italy in 1982. THe fan wrote "you played this a lot better
than Darryl Jones does." Bill was gonna send it to the Stones' office
with the note as a joke.
Any ideas which show this was?
Any versions from Italy 1982 that have a great version of Miss You
(Bill's part at least)?

Re: Miss You, Italy, 1982...
Posted by: Chris D. ()
Date: April 14, 2005 09:01

Hi,

I'd say it's pretty easy, considering in 1982 they only played three shows in Italy: two in Turin (the first in the afternoon, because it was the day of the final match of the soccer world cup, and the second the following night) and one in Naples.

My pick is it's from Turin afternoon show, which became mighty due to the fact Mick guessed, during the performance, the victory of Italy in the match.

Ciao!
Chris

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 14, 2005 09:18

I have some shows from 1982, but none form Italy.

Date: April 14, 2005 09:31

Didn't Mick have a bad case of laryngitis at one of the shows? I think it's Start Me Up that sounds reeeeeeeeeeeally ragged.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 14, 2005 09:53

Should be Naples, an absolutely crazy performance!

C

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: April 15, 2005 14:51

The shows are :
11/07/82 Torino in the afternoon (there are a double boots called Mundialito 82, in cd or Lp) Mick guesses the result of the game of the evening (so che vincerete questa sera,evviva italia tres a uno)
12/07/82 very great show with intro Gentile (italian football player).I don't know registration of this.
17/07/82 Napoli (There are two boots live, the best is Shattered in Europe with concert and outtakes,2 cd)
For my, Miss you is a normal performance (i have seen the 11/07 and i have the 11/07 and 17/07 cd and lp)
The show cancelled for laryngitis is Milano 98
Stones plays in Italy in 1967(name of cd is Con facce quasi patibolari),in 1970 (street fighting men in Milano, cd and lp) and 2003(milano, many cd and dvds)

Onlystones

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 15, 2005 17:49

Hi only stones, Are you in Italy? Do you know the Stoners over there? All great guys.
I would say it is the Napoli show. I thought it had the best audio in 82. Stands to reason that a fan would pick the Bass from a performance like that. Did Jagger actually guess the score too? And what the hell was Gentile doing up there? Didn't he play for Juve in like the 70's?

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: April 15, 2005 18:24

Yes, i'm italian.
I don't know the Stoners.
I don't have many cd of that tournè, Shattered in Europe is good but not the best.In boots of Mundialito 82 there is audio with these Mick words.
Gentile played in juve to the end years 70 and to beginning years 80. the day to have won the Mundial to Madrid, have been invited later for opening the second concert of the Stones.
Us Italian we are too much fans, which best occasion to celebrate?
Onlystones

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 15, 2005 19:22

They get together and do some cool stuff. They have their own board etc. If you want to get in touch with a bunch of cool people over there let me know. They pay me to say these things LOL
I thought Gentile had quit earlier. I was rerading about that generation of players: Cappello, Causio, Scirea, Gentile, Zoff...what a superteam Juve was/is. But I always thought Gentile was a dirty player. What is like in Europe now? From what I read all the big teams in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Holland, England are full of international superstars. When I read the roster of an Italina tram e.g. the names are almost all not Italian. I love Inter!
I had forgotten how good the Mundialito show was. You're right. I never liked the whole 82 tour very much. Once again they were so much better while still in the USA. In 81. Still that tour was the last real guitar tour.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 16, 2005 02:50

I think it's the Napoli boot, my hometown! Damn, I was only four years old, I couldn't attend it!!! I read reviews of that concert highlighting the good performance in Miss You.
By the way, Gentile nowadays is the trainer of italian Under 21 national team, which won the last european championship!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: April 16, 2005 03:21

I haven't heard the other Italy shows but "Shattered In Europe" from Napoli may be the best soundboard from the 81-82 tours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home