Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 31, 2013 21:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-31 22:49 by Max'sKansasCity.

Re: ot: need some blue oyster cult advice
Date: July 31, 2013 23:09

Wry Cooter
Valeswood
Saw them at the Monsters of Rock festival in 1981. They were third on the bill and totally bombed because they had to follow Slade who were brilliant.

BOC were a top notch live act in 1981 and have pretty much always been (they sell T-shirts stating "On Tour Forever" ). I'm guessing if they bombed at that gig it had more to do with it being a Slade crowd (in England I assume), which isn't hard to imagine.

No new product from the band is about lack of demand unfortunately and interviews with Buck and Eric reveal their disappointment. And missing the long absent Bouchard brothers doesn't help in the writing department. They also reveal a frustration with playing biker weekends and county fairs while former peers like Aerosmith mop up. Personally, I consider the success they did have pretty amazing since the majority of their music is pretty off kilter. I first got hip to them back in the early 70s when they were very much an underground, "critics" band (for better or worse!).

Anyway, I would never argue with anyone if the amazing Blue Oyster Cult were not to their taste. And in a Stones forum -- two very aesthetically different musical approaches (although BOC covered "It's Not Easy" many times in their career). But there are some of us that more than love their music.

i agree their music is very off kilter and doesn't lend itself to the type of success they actually had. its amazing they were so popular from about 1974-1985 with what they were releasing. buck did say on a tv show recently they might do an acoustic project next year but no word what it is

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home