Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Micks favourite food?
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 02:07

I had always read that Mick loved Asian food.
In Houston 72, they had tex-mex backstage.

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: July 27, 2013 03:05

Tea at 3 followed by meat that has been hung up for a week.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 27, 2013 04:06

He does love salmon but also pasta with Marinara sauce. Hope he had lots of that today!

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: July 27, 2013 04:45

His food tastes have evolved over time. Certainly NOT smoked salmon WITH cream cheese. He wont touch cheese now. Smoked foods are full of cancer causing carcinogens, so the smoked bit is also off the menu.
Sure, in the late 60s, he would have been eating this stuff, as it was still considered ok, and was on the menu in the fashionable restaurants of the day.

Now? He likes things like tuna, and yes, salmon( has to be organic, not farmed) usually seared, not fully cooked: wasabi, soy, ginger.

Sashimi, sushi, some lighter oriental dishes. A salad. Yes, broccoli and spinach. He often eats at Scotts restaurant in london, its known for fish, oysters, has a 'raw bar', as Americans would call it....it will do a small dover sole for him. Just some lemon on the side. Light, fresh, organic. He liked to gorge on caviar, Jerry mentions it a bit, but the cholesterol levels in that(and lobster/prawns for that matter), will now be a concern to him, screwing with his increasing geriatric hypochondria.

The boozing? Almost gone, usually water now, of course, Badoit, Evian, or a glass or two of wine to match the food.
Outside dinner time? Acai berry juice, various exotic potions, fruit, organics,fibre, wheatgrass. Dull stuff thats good for you.

When hes doing a concert, then there IS some carb loading to some extent beforehand....chicken, mashed potato. Lots of roast or grilled chicken.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-27 05:02 by MockJigger.

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: July 27, 2013 04:54

Some people close to Mick have speculated that he ONLY does a concert tour so he can legitimately switch out to the roast dinners for a while.
I don't know if this is true, but a friend of mine is a tax accountant, and he says this theory could hold some water.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 27, 2013 11:26

Infamy
Maybe it was not such a good idea to celebrate with Micks favourite food. Seems kind of boring. What does Mick do when he celebrates, anyway?

I remember Jerry Hall saying many years ago that Mick doesn't really celebrate or party nowadays, Jerry said that his lifestyle is quite boring.

I think the health is really the number one thing for Mick nowadays and partying is not part of that. I mean the real partying, not some pr-work he does.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 27, 2013 11:42

......roll over honey and lettuce on top .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: July 27, 2013 13:12

I think a bunch of pussies and after dancing all the night, a good taste of seafood. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 27, 2013 14:43

Deep fried Mars Bar.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 27, 2013 14:49

...but the cholesterol levels in that(and lobster/prawns for that matter), will now be a concern to him, screwing with his increasing geriatric hypochondria.

He's not like that at all...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 27, 2013 15:56

As much as I love Keith, I think I'd rather share a meal with Mick. I rarely eat meat, I'm mostly vegetarian, but I do love grilled salmon, and pasta marinara with a glass of wine....yum.

I do wonder though if Keith is really such a strict meat and potatoes guy, some of Patti's healthy habits must have rubbed off on him a little.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 27, 2013 16:21

Georgia Jagger might know a thing or two about her father

She said:
“He’s in better shape than me. He doesn’t do any yoga. No, he eats pasta every night for dinner. He does 20 minutes in the gym every day. But 20 minutes in the gym is not as intense, as most people do an hour in the gym, so it’s kind of equivalent.”

Georgia insisted she does not suffer from embarrassing dad syndrome, adding: “No – I just think he’s really cool. I’m the one who’s really embarrassing. I’m like, ‘Oh my God!’ when I’m watching him. I’m definitely a fan. I’m a massive fan. Sometimes watching him just makes me feel tired to be honest. I’m like, ‘I can’t even walk up the stairs without getting tired’. And my dad’s been doing this for 50 years which is so shocking to me, but I’m just so proud of him."

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 27, 2013 20:56

Who the hell cares, what is favorite toothpaste? or how ice cream and toliet paper

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 27, 2013 21:16

Taco

Date: July 27, 2013 21:20

Silver Dagger
Deep fried Mars Bar.
grinning smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 27, 2013 21:57

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-27 21:57 by ryanpow.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 22:34

Back in '81 when he dined in Sturbridge , Ma while rehearsing @ Long View Farms he ordered Frog Legs Provencale .

I cooked them .

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 28, 2013 01:24

Escargot...

Posted by: z ()
Date: July 28, 2013 09:42

TooTough
Escargot...

There was some TV program with Jagger in the mid-80's... I remember him walking with the interviewer in Paris (somewhere around Notre Dame). Then they went into a restaurant and Mick ordered Escargot. He said the Romans invented it... Anyone remember it? Doesn't seem to exist on youtube.

Date: July 28, 2013 15:20

boston2006
Back in '81 when he dined in Sturbridge , Ma while rehearsing @ Long View Farms he ordered Frog Legs Provencale .

I cooked them .

That actually pretty cool, please feel free to tell us more, if you feel like it.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 28, 2013 19:05

Cold Italian pizza and lemon juice from a lemon squeezer and sometimes a horse meat pie.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 28, 2013 21:23

z
TooTough
Escargot...

There was some TV program with Jagger in the mid-80's... I remember him walking
with the interviewer in Paris (somewhere around Notre Dame). Then they went
into a restaurant and Mick ordered Escargot. He said the Romans invented it...
Anyone remember it? Doesn't seem to exist on youtube.

That´s around the She´s The Boss era. Jools Holland was interviewing him.
He was driving in a Renault and collecting Jools somewhere in Paris.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 28, 2013 21:33

TooTough
z
TooTough
Escargot...

There was some TV program with Jagger in the mid-80's... I remember him walking
with the interviewer in Paris (somewhere around Notre Dame). Then they went
into a restaurant and Mick ordered Escargot. He said the Romans invented it...
Anyone remember it? Doesn't seem to exist on youtube.

That´s around the She´s The Boss era. Jools Holland was interviewing him.
He was driving in a Renault and collecting Jools somewhere in Paris.

It was in 1985, and the video is not available.

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

Nico Zentgraf's site dates this interview from March 17 and as having been done for MTV (U.S.) under the title "The Mick Jagger Interview".

[www.nzentgraf.de]

The documentary was directed by Ken O'Neill, and its actual title is Mick Jagger Solo in Paris. MTV is listed as the production company. The British Film Institute has a listing for it:

[explore.bfi.org.uk]

It's available on DVD (length: 30 minutes):

[www.musicstack.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-28 21:52 by stonehearted.

Re: Mick's favourites
Posted by: z ()
Date: July 28, 2013 22:16

This is the one. Thanks! Would love to see it again... The Escargot bit is about all I can remember.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home