Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Toronto 2003 show
Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 7, 2005 15:09

Just watch the full concert this morning for the first time. Damn, how tired they seem afetr AC/DC !

Hard to hear the guitar, Chuck do the riff on Start me up, Satisfaction, and IMO it's one of the worst version of Brown Sugar they ever played this night !

Very very bad show.

Re: Toronto 2003 show
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 7, 2005 16:07

If you watch AC/DC and then the stones you can really hear the differents. AC/DC has still got the raw guitar power!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 7, 2005 19:48

Wasn't the Stones strongest show,
more of an event. It was readily
apparant there at the time that
AC /DC stole the show.

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 8, 2005 01:26

I was there. AC/DC DID steal the show. Of course it would have been helpful if the Stones had not kept 450,000 people in a big dark field waiting for an hour...

Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: April 8, 2005 02:48

i was there also and ac/dc did steal the show, but being that i got there at 10 in the morning it was easy to get within 10 feet from the stage, being a broke 21 year old at the time, i never have been anywhere near them at a show, so that was a highlight. i know somebody with a hookup at msg, so we sit in the same seats at every show, good seats but not close enough...

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 8, 2005 03:33

Yeah we got there early and were upfront
the stage for the rest of the day too. Even
an off Stones show is a good time, and all things
considered the day was a blast. The Stones,
AC/ DC, the Guess Who, Rush, Isleys,
Blue Rodeo -lotsa fun!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 8, 2005 09:20

I wasn't there but I've seen the videos of the show. As a huge AC/DC fan, I can say that their performance was normal for them. If you watch any of their live DVD's like 91 Donington, No Bull or Stiff Upper Lip Live, you'll see that they always play a high energy show. As I mentioned in my Family Jewels thread from last week, I wish I could have seen them back when they were just up and coming. If you want to see high energy AC/DC, watch the video for Riff Raff on disc 1! Glasgow Apollo late 1978, Angus is only 23 and he really rocks!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 9, 2005 07:04

Toronto was a Friggin BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire day was full of ups and downs musically, but you couldn't fault the STONES for anything. They played a great, varied set and ended an incredible day of fun.

Date: May 9, 2013 12:50

10 years ago almost ! Just watching the DVD.Let there be rock smiling smiley AC/DC did steal the show.

[jam.canoe.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 13:06 by roby.

Date: May 9, 2013 13:06

Ah, "Miss you" with Justin spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 13:07 by roby.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: May 9, 2013 17:15

I was there! I remember metting Bjonoff(webmaster here) on my plane out of Newark NJ to Toronto. It was a long long day out in Downsfield Park. Wow 10 yrs goes back so fast!

True ACDC rocked and the very young crowd went wild! I think the Stones took the stage around 10pm...

Ruby Tuesday was a nice hihlight!

Eric

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 9, 2013 17:29

It was an awesome day. Lots of great music. The bottles-throwing incident at Justin Timberlake was a disgrace, though. He's a talented superstar now. Joke is on us, I guess. My biggest regret that day was missing The Flaming Lips' set. I was stuck in line at a beer tent.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:59

I have yet to talk to, or hear mention on this site of the booleg of the entire Stones set. I have a copy and it is one of my favorites for a bizarre reason. Who ever mixed the tape did it as if the stones were an off the rack band.

Get this concept.....clean sound and instrument separation. The DVD gives you a rare oportunity to clearly hear eack lick, piano riff, bass line, horn...all at the same time, all crystal clear. What you learn to appreciate is how what we know as the stones sound is highly taylored to mask Keiths actual playing. You hear each missed note, actualy hear his fingers tripping over the strings. It also provides a base line for how they remix and doub in after the fact. One who chose to argue my point pointed out the oficial video release of JJF and by all acounts it looks like Keith is right on, actualy hear what he played and you would cringe. Now you know why the refused to have it as a live brocast and only release three polished songs.

It begs the question are the Stones three bands, the one you hear live, what the soundboard hears and has to deal with, and what image they release on film.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:14

Ah, Downsview Park. I can see it from my balcony. Would've surely been great to catch the Stones there.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:22

Just noticed that Weezer are performing there in July. $85 for Weezer???? What is the world coming to!!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:24

I was there. I love the Stones and they will always be my favorite but AC/DC blew the Stones off the stage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home