Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones in Hyde Park: ONLY 1 hour 45 min. of show??
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:42

We already talk about that on the Hyde Park thread...

That would be a SCANDAL!!

Here is the programme of the festival.
[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Rolling Stones at 8.30
Show finishes at 10.15

Benjamin.

Re: Stones in Hyde Park: ONLY 1 hour 45 min. of show??
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:45

I'd like to think that they will play for 2 hours but I highly doubt it, especially as BST couldn't organist a piss up in a brewery. I am expecting acts to be delayed when taking to the stage.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:45

Apparently, Jagger hinted the setlist would be very similar to the 1969 one... in 1969 they only played 14 songs. sad smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:47

why 45 minutes break between the opening acts? it doesn`t make sense

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:50

this looks official, does not look good. If only we had known in April...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:56

Bon Jovi dont seem to have any problems playing a full length set.

theyre confirmed for 7.20 - 10.15 for the Friday night.

It would be absolutely derisory if the Stones played an hour and 45 minutes in what will be their only shows this summer for their own European audience, having played half an hour longer at a festival last week that their fanbase was shut out of. .

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:01

Gazza, based on your experience, do you think there is a chance that the schedule can be changed?

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:06

It seems official, no doubt about it. They won't change it without anyone complaining. This is their official schedule. They posted a full schedule pic as well...

Contact them. Make them change it!!!

Date: July 4, 2013 17:06

I'm not sure what experience you think I have, Martin - but I'm just hoping the info is wrong!

How long the Stones play is down to the band. No one else. Its not as if the organisers have told them they have to shorten the show.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:09

It's a bloody sham, an utter bloody shambles

Date: July 4, 2013 17:11

and Bon Jovi: 3 hours!!!

Benjamin.

Date: July 4, 2013 17:14

Just looking at that link Karlos posted - and as there's a 10.30 curfew at Hyde Park I'd like to believe theyre just saying 10.15 to cover themselves.

Also, there are 45 minutes between each of the opening acts - but only a 30 minute changeover before the Stones - a show which will be a more elaborate stage set up than the rest of the bill. That makes no sense at all.

No reason why some of those opening acts cant be onstage about 15 minutes earlier than it says on that list

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:19

They will play up to the minute finishing at 10:30pm sharp. I have been to all of the Stones shows at Wembley Stadium, they all started 8:25pm due to the 10:30pm curfew. They know what they are doing, and I would not look for any scandal until the show is performed and the lights are all out.

Bjornulf

Date: July 4, 2013 17:21

Yeah, that COULD be true. But on the other hand everything could go wrong, delays, etc and we end with the Stones being on stage 21.00 earliest and little more than an hour to go.

I absolutly don't get why you would schedule so tight for THE MAIN ACT!?! Nobody wants to see the support bands. No offense, they might be good. But I didn't pay 95+ to see Gary Clarke or The Vaccines. I wanted to see as much of the Stones as possible.

And nobody reacting to my e-mails, facebook, tweets, ... shows that there's no answer to the question.

Date: July 4, 2013 17:25

benstones
and Bon Jovi: 3 hours!!!

I'm assuming thats their regular set length. Good for them - they're catering for their fans who have supported them by buying tickets and wont be shortchanging them.

I hope our band will do likewise. I still think we'll get two hours or so.

Date: July 4, 2013 17:29

bv
They will play up to the minute finishing at 10:30pm sharp. I have been to all of the Stones shows at Wembley Stadium, they all started 8:25pm due to the 10:30pm curfew. They know what they are doing, and I would not look for any scandal until the show is performed and the lights are all out.

That is why I wrote: It would be a scandal smiling smiley Even if they play 2 hours or more, BST is scaring the fans with this timetable!!!

Benjamin.

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:31

So Temples are on from 15.10 to 5.50. That's very long set.

I guess they forgot to proof read

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:38

Karlos123
Yeah, that COULD be true. But on the other hand everything could go wrong, delays, etc and we end with the Stones being on stage 21.00 earliest and little more than an hour to go.

I absolutly don't get why you would schedule so tight for THE MAIN ACT!?! Nobody wants to see the support bands. No offense, they might be good. But I didn't pay 95+ to see Gary Clarke or The Vaccines. I wanted to see as much of the Stones as possible.

And nobody reacting to my e-mails, facebook, tweets, ... shows that there's no answer to the question.

Not necessarily...they may just find all the questions irritating. You're getting all bent out of shape on an issue that isn't even an issue yet.

Date: July 4, 2013 17:40

Seems they have problems proof reading anyways.

You'll get a Ful Event Line Up here: [www.bst-hydepark.com]

grinning smiley

Sorry. I'm just in no good mood when it comes to the organizers, their publications and information.

EDIT: Why do you think it is no issue yet? BST tells everyone that the Stones got 105 minutes which is not acceptable for the main act. It's only not an issue if you assume them being in time and overrunning their slot to 22.30.

Everybody complained big time about the changing layout because of the view they get. I'm there for the music and for me every minute counts. So a short set for me is more annoying than a bad view.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 17:45 by Karlos123.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:43

I thought of Glasto being the festival and
both Hyde Park shows as Stones shows with
a few bands opening. It´s "The Rolling Stones
plus The Vaccines and The Temper Trap" on the tickets
and not "The Hyde Park Festival featering the RS".

Anything shorter than 2 hours would be totally disappointing.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:50

I reckon a couple of hours too. Still, I'd much rather pay £95 to see 1 hour 45 minutes of the Stones than to be paid that much to suffer three hours of Bon Jovi.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:57

I want the same length and energy as on 'Burry. 2.15 minute set with a lot of energy! Stones - make this special, not 1.45!!!

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:58

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:16

I read so many negative things about the Hyde Park shows,

High Ticket Prices, a Change of Pit, everyone can enter everywere,
On Show day, the collecting of your ticket at an boxoffice and cue all day...
stress stress and now a so called short performance ...

Come on it can't be that worse .... i think our boys will do anything to give a great show at the Park.

DECCA61

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:20

>> Stones in Hyde Park: ONLY 1 hour 45 min. of show?? <<

What did you expect after only 20 songs at Glastonbury ..... winking smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:25

I've read somewhere that the curfew @ Hide Park starts @ 22:30, therefore a two-hour set should be expectable. Moreover, according to the newspapers last year Springsteen's microphones have been silenced only after the 22:30 curfew had been exceeded by half an hour.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:25

Curfew ?? is it war in England ?
I am really pissed off with this modern era where everything is SAFE, over secured.
They should play THE WALL saturday

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:28

Wild Slivovitz
I've read somewhere that the curfew @ Hide Park starts @ 22:30, therefore a two-hour set should be expectable. Moreover, according to the newspapers last year Springsteen's microphones have been silenced only after the 22:30 curfew had been exceeded by half an hour.

I'm pretty sure they cut him off at 22:40.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:33

The people that live around Hyde Park are loaded and have a lot of influence. Last year at Live Nations some jobsworth unplugged Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney. I could not believe it when they switched the volume off!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:35

toomuchforme

Curfew ?? is it war in England ?

Regarding the 10:30pm curfew: 'Rolling Stones face £200,000 fine for gig over-running' and 'Springsteen, McCartney silenced by London curfew'.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home