Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Claudine on Emotional Rescue
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: April 3, 2005 21:22

I'm listening to Claudine right now. I once read that the first (test) pressing of Emotional Rescue contained Claudine (the short version). Supposed to be track one of side A. Can anybody confirm this? (If you have a copy, I'll be happy to buy it from you!).

Re: Claudine on Emotional Rescue
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 3, 2005 22:54

It most definetly was to be included. You can read up on it in all the books. But I personally remember exactly listening to a prerelease radio interview in Holland at the time. One person talking was Wyman. He mentioned that one of his faves of the album, a grwat tune by Jagger had to be cut because Ms Longet's estate wanted to sue over it.
I imagine "Claudine" instead of "Where the Boys Go" opening Side 2 and the entire album's dynamics shift radically. Would have been a better record IMO.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 4, 2005 15:25

Could they not have changed some of the lyrics on Claudine to make it anonymous and release it - I mean, since it would have been one of the best songs on ER.

I must say, that I wouldn't care if it was called Nadine, Mable, Julie or Pauline...

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 4, 2005 20:08

yea---i loved that song...should be released but i bet jagger didn't want to redo the lyrics...sad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home