Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NO ONE CARES ABOUT U2 ON A STONES SITE!
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: March 30, 2005 02:47

I Find it annoying that U2 fans constantly post on this Stones site; it is of no concern to Stones fans! The Stones do not care that U2 is on tour, they do not worry about them or McCartney's tours! I think U2 is an ok band but on a scale of one to ten, they're about a 7, at best. That's generous actually. I am excited about our Boys putting out a new cd and working on the Tour itinerary. I really wish the nay-sayers would at least wait until the cd's release before they start reviewing it, condemning it and saying the Stones" Glory Days are past! I chose to believe this band can inspire us again, surprise us by rising to heights that will astonish even the critics! I believe they will deliver a very magical collection of songs not seen since Exile! If they want to create a memorable, classic cd, THEY WILL! We know Mick and CHarlie will show up! If Keith can put aside the rancour and concentrate, he will deliver too. Ronnie I am worried about but he did look good with Rod! I am expecting great things! They won't disappoint!

mickschix

Re: NO ONE CARES ABOUT U2 ON A STONES SITE!
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 30, 2005 02:50

Well hi again Demon.......

grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 30, 2005 03:06

I agree with you for some part Debra.
Of course this is a stones site meant to be about the stones. But since there is relativly not much going on with the stones right now (ok there is a new album and tour coming up but it's not there yet) people like to talk about some other things that are not primarly about the stones but have something to do with it. The stones are making a new record now and are planning a big tour wich is big news for us therefore people like to talk about it and compare the band with other major acts like U2. A lot of people here like U2 (i do), certaintly not everybody, so it is an easy comparison. It's something to compare the stones nowadays so therefore it's a way to talk about the stones.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 30, 2005 03:10

Wuudy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with you for some part Debra.
> Of course this is a stones site meant to be about
> the stones. But since there is relativly not much
> going on with the stones right now (ok there is a
> new album and tour coming up but it's not there
> yet) people like to talk about some other things
> that are not primarly about the stones but have
> something to do with it. The stones are making a
> new record now and are planning a big tour wich is
> big news for us therefore people like to talk
> about it and compare the band with other major
> acts like U2. A lot of people here like U2 (i do),
> certaintly not everybody, so it is an easy
> comparison. It's something to compare the stones
> nowadays so therefore it's a way to talk about the
> stones.
>
> Wuudy

My sentiments exactly.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 30, 2005 11:01

I love you, Debra. Smooch smooch mwha mwha air kisses...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2005 11:06

Life is about learning. If you go to one Stones show only per tour, and no other bands, then yo are an amateur show wise. You will probably sit or stand way back in the crowd, you will pay extra for tickets, and you will worry for weeks and months how to get tickets once they show up for sale. And you will not know the venue, how it works, where it is easiest to get a good view and so on.

If you go and see other bands, talk to other hard core fans about U2 and other bands, and experience how the crowd, ticket sale, show and all of that work, then life is easier.

Mick went to see U2 on their previous tour, to get ideas. I assume any creative person want to pick up ideas and technology from others in the same business area. Like if Orpheum is good or bad, if MSG is good or bad, if Amsterdam Arena is good or bad etc. And if the front pit ticket system is good or bad, how it works, when you should show up in order to get to the front and so on.

I don't mean to say this is the place for U2 show reports, but some kind of information and feedback from other great tours is important in order for "us" to get the best out of "our" tour. After all, a lot of the stuff U2 do, vs. security, ticket sales, fan club site, good and bad experiences, will be experienced by "us" on the Stones tour soon to be announced.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 30, 2005 11:32

Amen Debra, with you on this one

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: March 30, 2005 11:32

that might be fair enough bv, but when I log onto a Rolling Stones website I expect to read posts about the Stones and maybe a few off-the-topic posts about other bands. I don't want to see 4 recent posts involving U2 !!
Why can't people who want to know more about U2 go to U2 sites? Perhaps you can put a link under your "connection" area for U2 fans, seeing as you believe it's "important in order for "us" to get the best out of "our" tour".....???!!!!

Esky

I respect women who can suck golf balls through a garden hose....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 30, 2005 11:41

From what I can see, most of the threads started about U2 or posts about them arent necessarily done to praise them but are often by Stones fans who are obsessed by the "competition" or who HATE U2.

This thread included.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 30, 2005 11:43

U2 are touring and people are buying tickets, boo hoo throw your toys out of the pram.

Date: March 30, 2005 12:07

hey it doesn't bother me about how U2 are going, IMO they are the best band in the world right now....but why do we have to continually read threads about them on IORR...??

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 30, 2005 12:21

You don't HAVE to read them. Just ignore any heading on a topic you're not interested in. Wow, next stop rocket science !

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: March 30, 2005 13:26

Hi Debra!

I think you're right about this. Doesn't U2 fans have a site like this to go to.
Or is it just that simple that U2 fans are concerned about the tour rumours of the Stones. I've read some of the posts on this site from U2 fans. They're concerned in some way.

I believe that the Stones real hard core fans don't get too concerned about this issue.

We know we love the greatest band in the world and that's reassuring enough isn't it!

HJofSweden

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2005 13:51

The U2 world tour started just two days ago so it is a hot topic right now. I don't expect many U2 posts here over time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: March 30, 2005 13:59

Maybe Debra doesn't like it, but looking at the threads from the last days it's obvious that many people care about U2 on this Stones site. To express their love for U2 or to bash them, but many people care.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 30, 2005 15:04

Yes, I agree with Debra. This is the Stonesfans' site and no one else's.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 30, 2005 15:18

To me is like asking a Porsche owner (which I'm not) if he's worried by the fact that VW sells more cars...Yes there's some quality in a VW but miles away from the Porsche...And yes, the Stones are the Porsche.

To each its own...Let U2 and their fans enjoy themselves will do the same soon enough...I can care less if U2 sells 80 million or 20,000 tix

Date: March 30, 2005 16:03

The GR Wrote:
> You don't HAVE to read them. Just ignore any
> heading on a topic you're not interested in. Wow,
> next stop rocket science !

I don't read them, but they are taking up Stones space!

If you're a fan of U2 then go to a site for U2 fans...not here pal !

Esky

Date: March 30, 2005 17:05

Think you're missing the point, Esky

Most of the posts made about U2 are by people who cant stand them. If the band bothers THEM so much, why dont THEY go to a U2 site too?

They're not really taking up Stones space at all. Theres enough room on this site for hundreds of new threads about the Stones to be made per day. If that isn't happening, thats for a different reason entirely - because not enough people can be arsed creating them.

Date: March 30, 2005 17:16

I must say with the Stones doing nothing, there isn't much to talk about these days....

Esky

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 30, 2005 17:41

I agree Debra, especially since it seems so many people dislike U2 on this site. I would go as far as saying that I can't stand them. If someone gave me free front row seats to one of U2's shows I would give them away. I'd rather see Britney Spears.

Date: March 30, 2005 18:04

Esky Wrote:
> I must say with the Stones doing nothing, there
> isn't much to talk about these days....
>
> Esky

you'll always get that on any board during a lengthy period of inactivity.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 30, 2005 18:27

If you think that there is not much going on in the Stones world, go to the Pink Floyd or Grateful Dead message boards, all they can talk about is the past. There is plenty going on with the Stones, new album and tour on its way is more than enough to get excited for.

Posted by: mark ()
Date: March 30, 2005 19:42

I think U2 is a perfect discussion topic, especially when used to point out just how much better the Stones are. They are no more than comparison, and not much at that, but that's the point.

I also think it is important to keep your finger on the pulse of what is happening, even in touring, even if the pulse is as week as a U2 tour.

Makes me feel better being the Stones fan.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 2, 2005 20:53

U2 is great. I'm going!!!

Date: April 3, 2005 01:38

I thought you were going with me to Glasgow...is that off? LOL

Downloaded the first two shows of their tour. Most impressive.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: April 3, 2005 15:08

u2 is touring????

Date: April 3, 2005 16:29

well, SOMEBODY has to!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 4, 2005 14:06

Quick comparison!
Stones started 1962...27 years later record Steel Wheels.
U2 started 1978....27 years later record How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Will U2 record there own 'might as well get juiced' in eight years time??

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 5, 2005 03:44

Gazza, our date is still on! Where those shades in Glasgow though!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home