Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What if Wyman and Taylor have been "limited" for technical reasons mainly?
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 20, 2013 06:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 17:42 by camper88.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 23, 2013 07:15

"Mitch" doesn't know what he's talking about.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 23, 2013 09:26

Wyman and Taylor seem to hold different views. Wyman has a strong personality - cynical, down to earth type of person. More than once I said to my self that his "interview" persona is quite similar to that of George Harrison RIP - little talking, but saying much in between the lines in regards to his old band.

He said many times that while he is proud with his RS career he wanted to go on beyond "playing JJF for the rest of my life". He noted some years ago in an interview I saw that he wont join the stones not even for a gig (in the same interview he mentioned he regularly meets MJ and CW whom are still "my mates").

So yes - he got flexible when the 2 gigs took place in London but I'm not sure he was too passionate (just my guess) to be anything more than a special guest for a couple of shows. I would speculate that had he been reading one of those "we want more Mick Taylor" threads, but in the "we want more BW" form, he would have felt uncomfortable.

Anyway - as said by members with much more experience than me... the Stones are "The Rolling Stones" - the party that never stopped. It has continuity, pattern of development. Everything (drug consumption types, women, tensions between members) is not just a gossip column - its a part of the story.

If to take The Who (often mentioned here and surely a favorite of many Stones fans) as an example - their career has some amazing resemblance to that of the Stones (in some issues): both worked since the 60s and up until about 1982 and than took a long pause by all means. Both came back to the front of the touring business in the late 80s and toured extensively ever since, despite loosing many trademarks.

Still - the Who do not "sell out" often and need to give damn good shows to sell (and tour mostly North America, where they are super popular, and a bit of Western Europe) While Stones still regarded as the eternal "best show in town". And why is that? its mainly (to my humble opinion) since the Stones never officially "stopped". Never looked back trying to re live a past "great moment". They put Taylor for a song and half - giving the hard core fans their piece of raw meat (and would have done the same with BW had he wanted) but that's it! Sorry for my language (am a big Taylor age fan and regularly visit Kleermakers's Youtube channel to see whats new) but I do not see much difference between the one number with Taylor per gig (Satisfaction with him filling between Keef's riffs is hardly more than a picture opportunity) and the famous 2002 Entwistle 5:15 Bass solo (and Moon's Bell boy bits) shown on screen during the last tour of The Who (BTW - I was actually at that 2 London charity shown at the RAH - still thrilled).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-23 09:30 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 23, 2013 13:48

taylor and wyman can play at a high level in there sleep .consumate pro's !!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home