Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith interview - Men's Journal, July 2013
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 15, 2013 01:09

I don't remember Keith asking anyone to copy him. It may have been seductive, but anyone with any common sense knows you couldn't have done what Richards did without the cushion of wealth. And, the very fame he says he sought to escape with drugs, is probably what kept him out of jail a few times. I understood at an early age that I didn't have the net beneath me to misbehave like rock gods did. And in the end Keith is an effete rock star, not your buddy down the block.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 15, 2013 02:32

24FPS, wish I thought like you back in the day. Keith is the Real Deal, for better or worse. He also had a very positive effect on me, in that he taught me to 'kick authority in the teeth with both feet". At the end of the day, I'm a better person for my initial adolescent idol worship and subsequent later study of the Cool of Keith.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-15 02:39 by bleedingman.

Posted by: lamothem ()
Date: June 15, 2013 03:48

Looks like we have lots of 'psychologists' in the group. Instead, let's all focus on the contributions he has made to music instead of focusing on the lifestyle he chose for himslef.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2013 03:51

At any rate, I think all these comments on the death of his son are WAY out of line, for numerous reasons.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 15, 2013 04:59

Really good interview.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 15, 2013 05:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 17:44 by camper88.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 15, 2013 17:54

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: June 15, 2013 18:01

Real good interview is with Phil Jackson in same issue. This with Keith always same story!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:17

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:32

At the end of the day we all made our own choices so Keith has nothing to ponder regarding others foolish mistakes. In the 1920's they called cigarettes coffin nails; people knew the score. A needle was a needle and everyone knew it. Sorry to sound harsh but that is just the way it is.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:59

48yearsaRSfan
At the end of the day we all made our own choices so Keith has nothing to ponder regarding others foolish mistakes. In the 1920's they called cigarettes coffin nails; people knew the score. A needle was a needle and everyone knew it. Sorry to sound harsh but that is just the way it is.

Yes, and Charlie sums it up quite nicely in the Stones In Exile documentary, where he says, "It always amused me how people would try and be like Keith. Because they hang around Keith, they think they're Keith."

Subsequently, there would be problems with recording because their sound engineers would be strung out on heroin.

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 00:07

Don't know if Keith really believe what he use to say to the press, or he acts feeding the invencible Keef myth.

Anyway, sometimes he sounds irritating. If he admitted his obvious signs of decline, that would be a real proof of manhood. Something like "yeah, I'm not the same, but I can still do pretty well and I still have the taste and the skills to do beatiful music". But nothing, always that ridiculous litany of healthy and indestructible Keith, which is pretty sad, in fact, considering other insane rock stars, who took a lot of drugs too, and now sound and look better than him.

I respect and adore him, so I expect he doesn't believe his own shit. He's lucky for still living in this world, but he has obviously suffered serious damage, in his image, in his health, and, pretty clear for everydoby I think, in his playing habilities.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 18, 2013 03:43

Great article. Thanks for posting it.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 19, 2013 07:54

I remember a time when Keith was invincible. Not so much anymore since the release of Life and the comment about Mick but I guess a lot of people are growing up and realizing that their path to being Keith Richards was the wrong one. I know I took that wrong path and it never suited me nor did it bring me anything but trouble. Too many people take that path but don't have the money to live a charmed life. There's only one Keith Richards. Inimitable.

That being said, he's living up to the image which a lot of people still buy into. You gotta admit though, he's a true original and an inspirational rebel. Bad choices, lifestyle and all. He's one guy who could live that life. But we all know it's a facade. The real guy could never keep up a hard core pace at that age. He's still sharp thinking, if not in his guitar playing. But still decent, just not like before. Then again, who is better at 70 than at 30?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home