Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I Don't like the "Worried about you" live-versions
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 13, 2013 03:20

fahthree
I hate when a man kicking 70 can't sing like he did in his 30's. Where does he get off shortchanging us like that? eye rolling smiley

I hate it when he tries, like he is the only one in the room who doesn't know...... The Emperor has no Clothes.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 13, 2013 03:39

Thrylan
71Tele
When I first heard the two new songs I realized I would like one less shot, and less gloom and less doom as well. The fact that these pass for release as Rolling Stones recordings at all simply shows how badly the standards have slipped in recent years. They will soon go to the same place in the live shows all the other songs of the last 30 years have gone.

To me G&D is like Dangerous Beauty..... too macho, up front..... very derivative, not innovative.

I'm all for the fake-off....special guest Chris Speeding could perform a recap......in 90 seconds.

I mean if they have to polish turds of demos to get something that can be released as a "Rolling Stones" product, they might as well start with good demos like Travelling Man or Red Red Wine or something. Mick could dash of a few verses for Travelling Man, do a little editing, and bingo! a hit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 03:41 by 71Tele.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 13, 2013 03:42

I like the live versions, but Bernard.. listen to the track and do the HARMONIES!!!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 13, 2013 03:56

StonesTod
i don't like the live versions much, either. i really wish they'd play the studio version at least once.

I think you're on to something. It would work for a lot of their others songs too. For example, on street fighting man it would be great since you'd get the drum and acoustic guitar sound that has never been replicated live.

Also, you would avoid controversy over which guitarist was playing what because Taylor would play on all the songs from the MT era, wood the wood era, etc.

Jagger would not have to worry about resting his voice, and the shows could go on much longer.

Keith's intro to gimme shelter would be nailed every time!

And they could play more rare cuts because they wouldn't have to learn how to play them again!

Is there really any downside to them just playing the studio versions at this point?

Date: June 13, 2013 04:13

sonomastone
StonesTod
i don't like the live versions much, either. i really wish they'd play the studio version at least once.

I think you're on to something. It would work for a lot of their others songs too. For example, on street fighting man it would be great since you'd get the drum and acoustic guitar sound that has never been replicated live.

Also, you would avoid controversy over which guitarist was playing what because Taylor would play on all the songs from the MT era, wood the wood era, etc.

Jagger would not have to worry about resting his voice, and the shows could go on much longer.

And they could play more rare cuts because they wouldn't have to learn how to play them again!

Is there really any downside to them just playing the studio versions at this point?

I think we're onto someting here.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 13, 2013 05:28

71Tele
Thrylan
71Tele
When I first heard the two new songs I realized I would like one less shot, and less gloom and less doom as well. The fact that these pass for release as Rolling Stones recordings at all simply shows how badly the standards have slipped in recent years. They will soon go to the same place in the live shows all the other songs of the last 30 years have gone.

To me G&D is like Dangerous Beauty..... too macho, up front..... very derivative, not innovative.

I'm all for the fake-off....special guest Chris Speeding could perform a recap......in 90 seconds.

I mean if they have to polish turds of demos to get something that can be released as a "Rolling Stones" product, they might as well start with good demos like Travelling Man or Red Red Wine or something. Mick could dash of a few verses for Travelling Man, do a little editing, and bingo! a hit.

TM and Still a Fool(Two Trains), would be bad ass album cuts, for sure. In a related note, am I the only one who thinks the Black Crowes heard a TM boot, and lifted the theme for Sting Me? Love SM, but you can sing it right along with TM.....TM is just a bit faster.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 13, 2013 06:21

Play Dandelion instead.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:25

71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

i wasn't onto it either. i just meant to put the record on and run it thru the PA...can we be on that?

Date: June 13, 2013 14:43

StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

i wasn't onto it either. i just meant to put the record on and run it thru the PA...can we be on that?

Why not? There's a precedent: All those Ed Sullivan shows and other cases where they sang live to the pre-recorded track. This way they can just focus on vocals.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:44

Have you heard Bill on the Toronto thing??? Marvellous bass player!!!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:53

Yep, the bass really jumped at me right from the beginning, that would certainly have been a better song for him to guest on than HTW or IORR!

Date: June 13, 2013 15:03

StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

That's what I was talking about too.... Just the entire show not one song

Date: June 13, 2013 15:13

sonomastone
StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

That's great, because I would love a perfectly-played live concert of Ya Yas. Just put on the deluxe edition and have them mime.

Date: June 13, 2013 15:14

Heh heh I knew this was going to end up with that :-)

Date: June 13, 2013 17:17

71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

That's great, because I would love a perfectly-played live concert of Ya Yas. Just put on the deluxe edition and have them mime.

now THAT would be worth the 600...we are talking about including the 5 bonus cuts, too, yes? be fun to watch mick and keith pretend to play and sing those acoustic blues numbers. the real challenge will be for ronnie to figure out what to pretend to play...a dilemma for sure, but he's very clever about these kind of things.

Date: June 13, 2013 17:30

StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

now THAT would be worth the 600...we are talking about including the 5 bonus cuts, too, yes? be fun to watch mick and keith pretend to play and sing those acoustic blues numbers. the real challenge will be for ronnie to figure out what to pretend to play...a dilemma for sure, but he's very clever about these kind of things.

Isn't that what he has been doing for be past 15 years?
(It was a softball, I had to swing at it...)

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:35

frtg55
I always loved the version of "Worried about you" they did on "Tattoo you" so much.
But I don't like the "Worried about you" live-versions.

Everything would be nice, if Mick does not that horrible loud "screaming-sqealing" in these high falsetto parts at the climax of the song. When he does the quiet falsetto parts, he's mostly ok, but when he's getting louder the song is always wrecked for me.

I am the only one, who doesn't like it that way?

It would be so much better if Keith sang it...

Date: June 13, 2013 20:48

StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

I think Mick Taylor could pretend to play better than Ronnie could pretend - especially the new "more energetic" Mick Taylor. And he wouldn't have to worry about how loud his pretend amp was.

Uh oh. I risk running afoul of the new quoting rules. It's getting hard to keep with all the new rules around here lately.

Date: June 13, 2013 20:55

71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod
71Tele
sonomastone
StonesTod

I think Mick Taylor could pretend to play better than Ronnie could pretend - especially the new "more energetic" Mick Taylor. And he wouldn't have to worry about how loud his pretend amp was.

Uh oh. I risk running afoul of the new quoting rules. It's getting hard to keep with all the new rules around here lately.

it's ok - i don't think we've exhausted our quota of quotes yet today.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 16, 2013 10:54

How can someone not like that !

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: June 16, 2013 11:24

Sometimes I get the feeling Mick just tries too hard. Even the finger poiting is getting too much. This version is OK, but the falsetto highs are terrible.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home