Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - Eagles landmarks
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 6, 2013 04:30

jazzbass
The Eagles without Don Felder makes the Stones without Bill Wyman look like the Beatles without Pete Best.

Your words are twisted and confusing...I had to do math and I hate that...let me sum up your gobbledegook... The Eagles without Don Felder is like jazz without bass...

Damn you...do better next time...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 6, 2013 04:34

keefriffhard4life
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Munichhilton
Don Felder is huge...

Then why did they kick him out?

he wanted the money split equally

I know. I saw the movie (very good, too). But Felder was always a problem in the Eagles. If bands were democracies we would have had Stu Cook writing as many Creedence songs as John Fogerty, and Bill Wyman writing as many Stones songs as Mick and Keith. There is a case to be made that Frey and Henley deserved a bigger cut, as it was their songs who people were going to see. I am not saying it's an open-and-shut case, just that there's an argument to be made for it.

famous eagles songs written or co-written by members other than frey/henley:
hotel california
victim of love
those shoes
take it to the limit
witchy woman
in the city
i can't tell you why

thats a good lot of the hits but anyways i think felder wanted tour revenue split equally not album sales

Yes, you're right. He did. So they kicked him out.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 6, 2013 05:05

Munichhilton
jazzbass
The Eagles without Don Felder makes the Stones without Bill Wyman look like the Beatles without Pete Best.

Your words are twisted and confusing...I had to do math and I hate that...let me sum up your gobbledegook... The Eagles without Don Felder is like jazz without bass...

Damn you...do better next time...

In retrospect, I may have confused myself, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 6, 2013 05:59

I dig Felder. As earlier stated, kind of with the Dude here. An interesting footnote, Gram Parsons hated the term "country rock", and of course the Eagles mined this field endlessly. On the bright side, greatest hits is one of those, listenable yet chicks really dig albums....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home