Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Danko Jones: So What if Gwen Stefani Forgot the Lyrics to 'Wild Horses'?
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 9, 2013 01:57

She's a pro she deserves to be ripped if she sucked. She can take it.

But its not only her fault it is Mick's fault. Most guests suck with the Stones even though they are good at what they do. Did Axl and Izzy add to Salt of the Earth? Dave Matthews on Memory Motel? Jeff Beck? The best Gimmee Shelter is with Lisa. There's very few exceptions (John Mayer, some old blues guys).

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 9, 2013 01:57

Max'sKansasCity
But look at the bright side, it gives the whiners more to complain about, which they always seem to enjoy.

not necessarily. i enjoyed the screwup...nothing to whine about at all.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 9, 2013 03:45

Max'sKansasCity
But look at the bright side, it gives the whiners more to complain about, which they always seem to enjoy.

Everyone likes more material to work with. That's natural.

Date: May 9, 2013 03:47

flacnvinyl
She came across not as someone who forgot the lyrics, but as someone who simply did not know the lyrics. Many times people in pop will just wing it and think "they'll never notice", which is an indication of how much they care about the artist. Contrast Gwen to GaGa and suddenly the PPV looks amazing. GaGa sang like a crazy woman. Her costume was rediculous, but atleast she sang. I am not a fan of either of them.

I thoroughly enjoyed not only Gaga's performance, but the bands reaction, particularly Jaggers, to her.

The whole thing looked as though it was going to fall off the rails at any moment. I loved the suspense of whether she was actually going to fall off those high heels.

PLUS, she actually sounded good...really belted it out.

Very enjoyable.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 9, 2013 03:49

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

Everyone likes more material to work with. That's natural.

eggeggzactly.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 9, 2013 04:16

Why rip on someone who forget the words and sounded like crap on a classic Stones tune in front of 18,000 people who spent a kings ranson for one ticket?

If her feelings are hurt and she cries, she can wipe her eyes with a few $100 bills. She can afford it.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 9, 2013 04:34

treaclefingers
flacnvinyl
She came across not as someone who forgot the lyrics, but as someone who simply did not know the lyrics. Many times people in pop will just wing it and think "they'll never notice", which is an indication of how much they care about the artist. Contrast Gwen to GaGa and suddenly the PPV looks amazing. GaGa sang like a crazy woman. Her costume was rediculous, but atleast she sang. I am not a fan of either of them.

I thoroughly enjoyed not only Gaga's performance, but the bands reaction, particularly Jaggers, to her.

The whole thing looked as though it was going to fall off the rails at any moment. I loved the suspense of whether she was actually going to fall off those high heels.

Very enjoyable.

Yeah, I was kind of on the edge of my seat over those shoes too. I felt like I was watching a gymnastics routine during the Olympics or something, hoping she could finish up without busting her ass. She even interacted with Charlie, danced for him and everything, which Charlie seemed to enjoy. How many guests give Charlie some love? Chemistry helps, and somehow Gaga and the Stones had chemistry. But all that aside, she remembered to do the one thing she was up there to do, sing her ass off.

Date: May 9, 2013 17:44

NoCode0680
treaclefingers
flacnvinyl

Very enjoyable.

Yeah, I was kind of on the edge of my seat over those shoes too. I felt like I was watching a gymnastics routine during the Olympics or something, hoping she could finish up without busting her ass. She even interacted with Charlie, danced for him and everything, which Charlie seemed to enjoy. How many guests give Charlie some love? Chemistry helps, and somehow Gaga and the Stones had chemistry. But all that aside, she remembered to do the one thing she was up there to do, sing her ass off.

She even messed up a bit, I remember singing more that she probably was supposed to towards the end, to Mick's bemusement.

For me that was one of the highlights of the show.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 9, 2013 18:27

Well, I for one take all of my advice on these matters from Danko Jones - whoever the fvck that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 18:28 by 71Tele.

Date: May 9, 2013 19:15

71Tele
Well, I for one take all of my advice on these matters from Danko Jones - whoever the fvck that is.

It's a Canadian band, so no need to worry about it.

Date: May 9, 2013 19:31

treaclefingers
71Tele

Good. The last Canadian bands I was told I absolutely must care about were Crash Test Dummies and bare Naked Ladies. Enough said.

But I kid my Northern brethren...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:41

TheGreek
what she could not look at the teleprompter ?

No Doubt

Date: May 10, 2013 00:05

71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele

Good. The last Canadian bands I was told I absolutely must care about were Crash Test Dummies and bare Naked Ladies. Enough said.

Thanks baby...I appreciate that!

I'll send you a carton with all my Loverboy, Trooper, Rush, Bryan Adams, and Celine Dion albums to show that appreciation!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:49

JohnnyBGoode
largely seen by people to be some pampered "it" girl

One thing I like about Gwen Stefani is she sort of became a star by default, not by pushy ambition. She was hanging out with a band, singing background vocals in her brother's band. And then a band member died, so someone else took over lead vocals (not Gwen), and then that guy quit, and then it was "Hey, Gwen, why don't you sing lead?" "Okay, if you want." A nice girl finishing first. I'd rather hang out with her than pushy Lady Gaga or Madonna.

Date: May 10, 2013 02:52

treaclefingers
71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele

I'll send you a carton with all my Loverboy, Trooper, Rush, Bryan Adams, and Celine Dion albums to show that appreciation!

and something about hockey...please!

Date: May 10, 2013 03:19

71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele
treaclefingers
71Tele

and something about hockey...please!

Excellent, yes! All my canucks paraphernalia...I won't be needing that again for 6 months.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:27

She sang that song like a man. It was revolting.

Date: May 10, 2013 07:08

gwen stefani?

who cares

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home