Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
TO Bjornulf... what happened exactly
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 8, 2013 15:13

HI Bjornulf,

could you please tell again the story of your contact with Mick Jagger in one of the last show.

Cant find it anymore.

Thanks Jeroen

Re: TO Bjornulf... what happened exactly
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 8, 2013 15:55

Did you mean this one (ca. middle of the page)?

bv
I was working on it every time Mick came by, and during Start Me Up he took my sign and tagged me with a strong handshake. And lots of tagging and hugs from friends and fans around me after that. Great show. Thanks Mick!

sonomastone
Funny, I saw that and wondered if it was you! I thought hmm, Mick just shook hands with a Scandanavian looking man, wonder if that is BV...

bv
My "sign" to Mick was simply reaching out and telling him I am the most crazy fan in the house and he appreciated that by tagging me solid.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 16:25 by Irix.

Re: TO Bjornulf... what happened exactly
Date: May 8, 2013 16:05

yeah thanks, but looking for the picture.
Jeroen

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:14

See my story on the previous page. I don't need a picture. I was there... But there are probably a bunch of photos around, this was first row as seen from the floor at the moment, and everybody was making pictures of Mick then.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:16

What did your sign say, BV?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:18

latebloomer

it said "let taylor play on more songs or at least shake my hand"

Date: May 8, 2013 19:19

GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Who asked you?

Date: May 8, 2013 19:20

latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Who asked you?

you did. bv is one of my many handles. i thought you knew.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:22

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Who asked you?

she's a latebloomer, but wasn't born yesterday

Date: May 8, 2013 19:23

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Who asked you?

she hasn't even learned to iron yet. a waste of an otherwise perfectly good woman, it seems.

Date: May 8, 2013 19:27

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Who asked you?

she hasn't even learned to iron yet. a waste of an otherwise perfectly good woman, it seems.

OK that was funny, but iron your own damn clothes.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:28

Thanks for sharing your tour experiences BV.

It gives so many of us who are far away all over the world to get a feel of what it's realy like.
The feel of each city and the atmosphere and vibes in the arenas.
Also all the reviews and pix you put up on the 'Reports' pages.

Very much appreciated. smileys with beer

Date: May 8, 2013 19:30

latebloomer
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Who asked you?

aren't you late for that exercise class or something?

Date: May 8, 2013 19:31

crawdaddy

It gives so many of us who are far away all over the world to get a feel of what it's realy like.

Yes, it is very much appreciated as are all the tour reports that have been posted so far. smiling smiley

Date: May 8, 2013 19:31

crawdaddy

you're most welcome

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 8, 2013 19:33

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
GRNRBITW
latebloomer

Who asked you?

aren't you late for that exercise class or something?

prolly looking for her leg warmers

Date: May 8, 2013 21:05

bv
See my story on the previous page. I don't need a picture. I was there... But there are probably a bunch of photos around, this was first row as seen from the floor at the moment, and everybody was making pictures of Mick then.

i did not mean a picture. i thought someone mentioned that BV. dont mean to question you.
Jeroen

Date: May 8, 2013 21:09

Have a great time BV
Jeroen

Date: May 8, 2013 22:26

BV, thanks for the fantastic reports! smileys with beer

Date: May 8, 2013 23:11

Going over to the HP Pavilion @ San Jose now. Expecting to see some die hard fans lined up in the queue. And may be some party trash left over following the celebratons tonight. They were honking the horns of the cars way past midnight following the OT win over the Canucks.

[www.nhl.com]

Bjornulf

Date: May 28, 2013 17:57

One month into the tour now. Too few breaks. I try to be half-way on Euro time zone and half way on East Coast US time zone now, but it takes a lot of Red Bull and coffee...

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:41

POOR BV....please don't let us down by joining the whiners.

Date: May 29, 2013 01:48

Yes to the coffee and bananas, no to the Red Bull and snickers bar...and I think everyone's entitled to a small pity party now and again.

Hang in there, BV...just remember, you'll be sad when it's over!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 29, 2013 01:52

LOL Bjornulf. Very healthy diet smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 29, 2013 03:45

Are you back in the States now, bv, Chicago?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 29, 2013 03:46

Are you back in the States now, Bjornulf, Chicago?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 11, 2013 22:15

After the last Stones tour I was in a state of "what's next" for some time. Then out of the blue I decided I had to go to Kilimanjaro before the snow on the top of this great mountain in Africa was gone due to the climate changes. They said it might be gone by 2014 or so. As usual with me, I did detailed research, read all books, checked all routes, and ended up with a great climb making it to the Kilimanjaro summit some five years ago. But it was a pain. Long story short. I started running, biking, training, uphill climbing, and five more climbs to Kilimanjaro later I was a training freak just like I used to be a Stones live show world travel freak for the past 40+ years.

For the past 2-3 years I have been hearing about bookings and plans for more shows. I closed my eyes and ears and said to myself what happens happens. The Stones are to me like "good heroin". I need it, it has no side effects except economomical and family wise, and the upside is great shows and satisfacton for lifetime. So when the October 15, 2013 announcement was a fact, my family as well as myself weas well prepared. And by the low number of dates, I was sure I could keep double life which means both Stones shows and more uphill climbs and half marathon running, biking and so on.

It is impossible to be great at two things at the same time. It is said before, and I am the proof of the pudding. My results in running are stinking. I went home to do a half-marathoin between Chicago and Boston on Saturday, part of the famous Birken triple in Norway. I have never had more pain. Not to be recommended. But I did finish, and on Sunday I was on a flight back to Montreal, landing 6pm, inside the Centre Bell 7:50pm, show start one hour later.

Now I am just glad I did get that Birken race worked out. I am in Boston. I love Boston. Like I love America. Friendly people who care about each others, including stragers like me. I found a great joint here in Boston - more about that in the Boston thread. Now I have to hit the treadmill in order to get in shape. And tomorrow... dream setlist!

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:56

come again?

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 12, 2013 03:18

bv
After the last Stones tour I was in a state of "what's next" for some time. Then out of the blue I decided I had to go to Kilimanjaro before the snow on the top of this great mountain in Africa was gone due to the climate changes. They said it might be gone by 2014 or so. As usual with me, I did detailed research, read all books, checked all routes, and ended up with a great climb making it to the Kilimanjaro summit some five years ago. But it was a pain. Long story short. I started running, biking, training, uphill climbing, and five more climbs to Kilimanjaro later I was a training freak just like I used to be a Stones live show world travel freak for the past 40+ years.

For the past 2-3 years I have been hearing about bookings and plans for more shows. I closed my eyes and ears and said to myself what happens happens. The Stones are to me like "good heroin". I need it, it has no side effects except economomical and family wise, and the upside is great shows and satisfacton for lifetime. So when the October 15, 2013 announcement was a fact, my family as well as myself weas well prepared. And by the low number of dates, I was sure I could keep double life which means both Stones shows and more uphill climbs and half marathon running, biking and so on.

It is impossible to be great at two things at the same time. It is said before, and I am the proof of the pudding. My results in running are stinking. I went home to do a half-marathoin between Chicago and Boston on Saturday, part of the famous Birken triple in Norway. I have never had more pain. Not to be recommended. But I did finish, and on Sunday I was on a flight back to Montreal, landing 6pm, inside the Centre Bell 7:50pm, show start one hour later.

Now I am just glad I did get that Birken race worked out. I am in Boston. I love Boston. Like I love America. Friendly people who care about each others, including stragers like me. I found a great joint here in Boston - more about that in the Boston thread. Now I have to hit the treadmill in order to get in shape. And tomorrow... dream setlist!
So you weren't at the Toronto shows BV? Pity, I was going to ask you what your impressions of the shows were. Thanks for all the work you do by the way!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 12, 2013 19:29

bv

Kilimanjaro is the topic again, I see.
I collegue of mine, a woman at 61 who's not much of a sport freak, though she does like going for trips in the mountains when the weather is good; also climbs the Kilimanjaro every 3rd year. Even right after a surgery she managed to do it. And she's not a sport-freak in any way. So I'm glad it's not such a big task after all, and that none of you wear yourself out. Kudos to you for going through the struggle, I hear nothing but nice things about that walk.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-12 19:46 by Erik_Snow.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home