Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pit Check in rules!!!!
Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:32

I purchased two pit tickets via Ticketmaster for Oakland back when they went on sale. I just received an email from SLO Customer Service telling me I had to 'check in' with ID and receipt between 5-6pm to get my pit tickets and if I'm late (past 6pm) I'm out of luck. I was aware of the check in but certainly never knew of any time slot?? This is not acceptable as I'm traveling that day and won't be there until closer to 7:30...Stones won't even go on until 8:45. Any advice? Did they do this in Jersey or Brooklyn?

Re: Pit Check in rules!!!!
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:51

longlongwinter
I purchased two pit tickets via Ticketmaster for Oakland back when they went on sale. I just received an email from SLO Customer Service telling me I had to 'check in' with ID and receipt between 5-6pm to get my pit tickets and if I'm late (past 6pm) I'm out of luck. I was aware of the check in but certainly never knew of any time slot?? This is not acceptable as I'm traveling that day and won't be there until closer to 7:30...Stones won't even go on until 8:45. Any advice? Did they do this in Jersey or Brooklyn?

That's major!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:52

The Stones will go before 8:45. No opening act.

Date: April 30, 2013 07:04

If tickets say 8pm show time on the ticket I highly doubt before 8:30. They were closer to 9 on the last US Shows in Dec. I've been back stage during Babylon and Mick peaks through out to make sure everyone is rowdy and seated before he says 'go'

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 30, 2013 08:56

I would call or e-mail and tell your problem. By no means 7.30 is a bit late to go for the pit. I mean they don't close it, but I assume that there will be no seperate onsite checkin after that date and you might have to take the "normal" entrance. Whatever that means.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 30, 2013 09:24

Grison
I would call or e-mail and tell your problem. By no means 7.30 is a bit late to go for the pit. I mean they don't close it, but I assume that there will be no seperate onsite checkin after that date and you might have to take the "normal" entrance. Whatever that means.

I wonder whether they're doing this so that no-shows (i.e., tickets of people who arrive later than 6pm and therefore forfeit their tickets) will then be given to people with $85 "wild card" tickets...?

- swiss

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 30, 2013 09:47

I don't understand why they would do that. We had pit tickets for the O2 both nights and they had a seperate queue for it. We didn't notice the 1st night and went straight in , got to to the pit and were turned away as we had no wrist bands.......Went back to the main entrance and they sorted some out for us. We explored the arena before going back to the pit, bumped into, bv, Kate Moss and Bob Geldof (guess which one we were bothered aboutwinking smiley). You can come and go as you like as long as you don't want to be in the 1st few rows.
Maybe it's differnt with a "package" ?

sc uk

Date: April 30, 2013 10:43

swiss
Grison

I wonder whether they're doing this so that no-shows (i.e., tickets of people who arrive later than 6pm and therefore forfeit their tickets) will then be given to people with $85 "wild card" tickets...?

- swiss
I don't think so.

STRAYCATUK: Yes it is different with a package. In London you VIP Tongue Package was with Mark Butler. They told you that you can go in earlier. But as the Party was moving people came late, while we were already in the Tongue as "normal" Ticketholders. we had a Package, but with seats the first night in London, by the time dinner was ready, the Pit was filled by normal Ticketholders.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 30, 2013 11:59

That sounds more than a bit outrageous. Surely if you have a ticket, you have the right to enter or leave the venue as and when you please?

So what does "out of luck" mean? That you won't get into the venue at all if you are too late by their standards for the pit? Or that you'll be assigned seats instead?

SLO is Shelley Lazar's outfit, which is now part of Ticketmaster. I would bet she's probably got a long list of people who asked for pit tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 12:22 by Beast.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 30, 2013 12:08

So are they going to refund the $3000 a pair if you turn up after 6pm ?

Sounds outrageous to me !

sc uk

Date: April 30, 2013 12:37

Beast and Straycatuk: of course you can come and go as you please. I just tried to explain that this special VIP counter might be closed. I am pretty sure they can't just cancel your tickets.
I just think this timeframe is given that not all the people come 5 to 8 and expect to be in the Pit in time. That is also rather arrogant. At least that is why I am thinking.
I hate it when people come late squeeze to the front and still think they are the greatest. Even when they come late to their seats.

But this is still a rock and roll show and much relaxed. However I don't like it when people come late for whatever reason.
If you pay that much money you sure should be in time to see the whole show and see it from the bes spot. hot smiley, But mind you again this is only my little oppinion.

Date: April 30, 2013 16:20

I'm going to call today and will report back. I'm not going early and don't care if I have the worse spot in the pit. I'd rather have the flexibility of moving around, in and out. I've been to and closely tracked every tour since Steel wheels and I have never seen so many available tickets for a major artist a week before a show. In the past they would easily sell out 3-4 nights in the Bay Area (15MM people in surrounding area). Mick screwed up this time for $$

Date: April 30, 2013 16:27

This is the email I received last night

Thank you for your purchase of the TONGUE PIT Package!
Your package includes:
• One General Admission Tongue Pit ticket with early entry before the general public
• Exclusive Merchandise Item
• Official Tour Program
• Collectible Laminate
• Onsite Check-in staff

Show Date: May 5th, 2013

Venue: Oracle Arena
7000 Coliseum Way
Oakland, CA 94621

Check-In: On the day of the show, please proceed to the East/Plaza entrance, south of the Box Office, and look for the Check-in sign. Check-in is from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Photo identification of the original package purchaser is required at the time of check-in and must be in attendance to receive package elements. Sorry, but there will be no late admittance.
Merchandise: You will receive the merchandise elements of your package at Check-In. Please note that the collectible laminate is commemorative only and does not gain or authorize access into the venue or backstage.
Doors Open: 7:00 PM
Show Time: 8:00 PM
Onsite Event Staff: Uma
To make this package a great experience for all, please note:
There will be no late admittance to the event, so please arrive on time to check-in.
Package staff reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person to or from the event due to security concerns on an individual basis. All event participants must adhere to venue rules and regulations and are subject to search/security screening on site. No weapons of any kind are permitted.
No refunds will be given under any circumstances except in the case of concert/entire program cancellation.
Packages are non-transferable and non-refundable. The reselling of packages is strictly prohibited and resold packages will not be honored at the performance venue.
Photo identification is required of the original package purchaser at the time of check-in and must be in attendance to receive package elements.

Every effort will be made to ensure that this unique experience will be an enjoyable and memorable occasion. We thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility with arrangements on the day of the show.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:32

Doors at 7:00? but they require you to be there by 6:00?.... that is lame.

Check-in is from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Photo identification of the original package purchaser is required at the time of check-in and must be in attendance to receive package elements. Sorry, but there will be no late admittance.
Merchandise: You will receive the merchandise elements of your package at Check-In. Please note that the collectible laminate is commemorative only and does not gain or authorize access into the venue or backstage.
Doors Open: 7:00 PM

Date: April 30, 2013 17:55

No late admittance? I can't believe this carp - this is a rock concert, not a play in a theatre...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2013 18:17

Beast
No late admittance? I can't believe this carp - this is a rock concert, not a play in a theatre...

No kidding. I guess this will just be another drama point, getting people to "Tune in to see what happens next" on the "Days of our Rolling Stones" soap opera. winking smiley

Date: April 30, 2013 18:38

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 23:22 by Beast.

Posted by: flexy633 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 22:58

So, when you check in, is that the same line you stand in for the VIP entrance? I want to be one of the first in line so I can get up front on the rail.

I hope we don't have to pick up the tickets at one location and then, check in at another location.

Can the people who had VIP Pit at the December shows let us know how it worked? I am hearing so many conflicting reports from all over the Internet.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 1, 2013 00:04

I was at both the Newark shows and the line to get into the pit was long an hour before showtime. I didn't have pit tix but walked past the line to get in.

Date: May 1, 2013 06:31

They got back to me and I was relieved to learn the 5-6pm slot was only if you wanted to line up early for some reason but I can stroll in at 8 pick up tix and go to pit when I want.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 1, 2013 10:01

longlongwinter
They got back to me and I was relieved to learn the 5-6pm slot was only if you wanted to line up early for some reason but I can stroll in at 8 pick up tix and go to pit when I want.

Glad you got some sensible clarity.
Far be it from me to defend outrageousness, but since part of the "package" is early admission,
it does make sense that you need to be there early to enjoy that privilege.
They could have expressed it better, though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home