Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Father and Sons DVDy
Posted by: 69-72 ()
Date: February 15, 2005 15:17

I was just crying with laugher !!..in the middle of champagne and reefer someone passes muddy a big bag of weed and he smells it for a good few seconds...his face was so funny..has anyone else seen this ???

Re: Father and Sons DVDy
Posted by: R ()
Date: February 15, 2005 15:40

Is this a video version of the great Muddy album w/ Butterfield et al? I didn't know there was one!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2005 15:50

no..its Muddy with Mick, keith & Woody at the Checkerboard Lounge

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 15, 2005 17:38

What about the quality of this release? Is it worth getting it? And also, there seem to be different versions on the market. Anyone who knows more?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2005 17:58

yeah its very good

It features the two known edits of the show..the longer one (88 mins or so) which includes the "non Stones " songs plus the 33 minute edit as bonus tracks which has usually circulated in slightly better quality.

Both are a bit better than what I'd seen before. I'd recommend getting it.

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 15, 2005 20:30

" no..its Muddy with Mick, keith & Woody at the Checkerboard Lounge"

OKAY. I've got that and it is quite enjoyable.

For those perhaps unaware there is a 1970-71 Muddy Waters title called "Fathers And Sons" consisting of studio and live recordings of Muddy and some of the old guard Chicago players at the time in sort of a supergroup with Paul Butterfield, Mike Bloomfield and the younger (white) guys coming out of Chicago at the time. It is a smokin' hot album. I believe it was reissued a few years back with extra tracks, remastered and what not.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 15, 2005 22:27

Thanks for the info, Gazza, so I'd better try and get it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home