Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Come On?
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 18:54

Aquamarine
snoopy2
Rockman
Ain't nothing wrong with the battering they give it on the BBC, Saturday Club, September 3, 1963.

ROCKMAN

Agree.. I enjoy hearing it on the On Air release

Not that I don't agree, but how did you even find this, given that it's a 14-year-old thread?!

I search old threads for interesting tidbits about the Stones. If all I did was stay on page one I'd be reading "when is the announcement" over and over and over and over and...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 9, 2019 19:09

snoopy2
I search old threads for interesting tidbits about the Stones. If all I did was stay on page one I'd be reading "when is the announcement" over and over and over and over and...

Bjornulf's request for people not to disturb/reignite old threads is pretty well known.
Believe it messes with his program and creates work/headaches for him.

Better to start a new thread.

Date: May 9, 2019 19:13

MisterDDDD
snoopy2

Bjornulf's request for people not to disturb/reignite old threads is pretty well known.
Believe it messes with his program and creates work/headaches for him.

Better to start a new thread.

Really? Come on (get it?) First I've heard of it.. But then again why does everyone post a link to an old thread whenever someone does start a new thread with the accompanying "This is already being discussed over here in this thread?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 19:14 by snoopy2.

Date: May 9, 2019 19:39

snoopy2

Really? Come on (get it?) First I've heard of it.. But then again why does everyone post a link to an old thread whenever someone does start a new thread with the accompanying "This is already being discussed over here in this thread?"

Believe the issue is with long dormant threads for bv.
Most links people post as you describe don't fit that category.
I'm just relaying the messages from bv as a courtesy, but here are his words.

"If the IORR Edititor see old threads being waked up then new posts will be deleted and the thread will be closed. Please save us all time by paying attention to threads. If you search and dig out something old, then just leave it there, and if you feel like talking about it, feel free to start a new thread.

Bjornulf"
[iorr.org]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 9, 2019 20:43

MisterDDDD
snoopy2

"If the IORR Edititor see old threads being waked up then new posts will be deleted and the thread will be closed. Please save us all time by paying attention to threads. If you search and dig out something old, then just leave it there, and if you feel like talking about it, feel free to start a new thread.

Bjornulf"
[iorr.org]

bv is quite happy for posts from the "Track Talks" to be "woken up".
[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: May 9, 2019 21:00

All good by me.

Everyone should probably just listen to Deltics and Snoops for thread advise as opposed to Bjornulf.
They seem to know better and have all the answers.

Date: May 9, 2019 21:14

MisterDDDD
All good by me.

Everyone should probably just listen to Deltics and Snoops for thread advise as opposed to Bjornulf.
They seem to know better and have all the answers.

bv regularly merges new threads with older "Track Talks" and "Album Talks" as he has done today with Jig-Saw Puzzle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 21:21 by Deltics.

Date: May 9, 2019 21:17

Wow! That 2nd link (Trace The Track Talk Rene's..) is great. Thanks for that smiling smiley

Deltics
MisterDDDD
snoopy2

Bjornulf"
[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

Date: May 9, 2019 21:25

snoopy2
Wow! That 2nd link (Trace The Track Talk Rene's..) is great. Thanks for that smiling smiley

Deltics
MisterDDDD
snoopy2

Bjornulf"
[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

You'll find it on the home page by following the "Forum links of interest" link. [iorr.org]

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 9, 2019 23:10

More Hot Rocks
The Stones messing with Come On in Toronto 2013

[www.youtube.com]

Pretty funny the look on Keith's face.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2019 16:09

Cooltoplady
More Hot Rocks

[www.youtube.com]

Pretty funny the look on Keith's face.

I was at that show...what a treat tho' it would have been nice to get the whole tune.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 12, 2019 01:50

More Hot Rocks

[www.youtube.com]

I enjoyed this Youtube video of Come On.

It would be great for the Stones to play this song again live and 'come full circle!' It would be my second choice for an opener right after Star Star.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home