Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick Taylor's role on the 2013 Tour ? More ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 4, 2013 12:32

Actually I don't really dislike Wyman, well rather I didn't, but I got really annoyed at his whiny comments after the 2012 shows, as if he was expecting to be acclaimed like a hero. I was still quite moved to see him show up on the 25th and I'm glad I got that nice picture of Ronnie "bowing" in front of an emotional Bill.

BluzDude
I noticed he didn't come out to take a bow at the end of the show.

Good info, thanks, so like at the O2 25th and unlike at the four other 2012 shows if memory serves?

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:02

MR, last night. Taylor's role is diminishing...
Keith still got it, considering his age and shape.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:26

VT22

For GODSAKE!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!

Come on guys.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:35

GravityBoy
VT22

For GODSAKE!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!

Come on guys.

Oh well, it was too good to be true after all.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:37

That's the least inspired "Rambler" so far. Taylor sounds a bit bored (alraedy?), and the chemistry between the guitarists is a bit lost.

But anyway - it is always thrilling to hear and watch that number. And something funny always happens... now it almost sounds like the whole song is collapsing when entering the last "fast" part of the blues opera... Charlie looks Keith and waits and waits until the "sign", somehow screwed up, finally comes, very late... but damn they then speed up the whole thing almost to BRUSSELS AFFAIR flying level with three guitat attack - and sound like realizing "shit boys, we are driving too fast now, but hahaha, who cares!", Jagger even not trying to get accents right but just throws the last lines - but somehow get it to the end... Those little things, me likes! thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 13:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 4, 2013 13:44

Doxa
That's the least inspired "Rambler" so far. Taylor sounds a bit bored (alraedy?), and the chemistry between the guitarists is a bit lost.

But anyway - it is always thrilling to hear and watch that number. And something funny always happens... now it almost sounds like the whole song is collapsing when entering the last "fast" part of the blues opera... Charlie looks Keith and waits and waits until the "sign", somehow screwed up, finally comes, very late... but damn they then speed up the whole thing almost to BRUSSELS AFFAIR flying level with three guitat attack - and sound like realizing "shit boys, we are driving too fast now, but hahaha, who cares!", Jagger even not trying to get accents right but just throws the last lines - but somehow get it to the end... Those little things, me likes! thumbs up

Dare I say you nailed it!

- Doxa

Date: May 22, 2013 10:38

andrewt
As long as they bust out Can't You Hear Me Knocking, that's all that really matters.
(of course Sway, Midnight Rambler, and his sweet lead runs on Dead Flowers wouldn't hurt either)

Can't You Hear Me Knocking - check
Sway - check
Midnight Rambler - check

Dead Flowers - can't be ruled out at this point !

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 22, 2013 11:30

I'd love to know how Mick Taylor is feeling right now. It must surely be incredible for him to be reprising his role on stage with the RS after so many lost decades, and to be receiving so much attention and praise. Not to mention the huge injection of cash into his bank account, which must be like winning the lottery.

Looking at yesterday's gorgeous photos of him and Ronnie and Bernard, he does look content. Also he's looking slimmer and healthier than he has in years.

Seeing him up there is a dream come true for his longtime loyal fans. And I will always believe that we here on IORR were instrumental in this.

Date: May 22, 2013 11:51

Hehe...maybe, who knows ;-) Anyway yes, it's a "win-win" for all involved, the Stones, Taylor, the Fans ! The "lottery" ? Dunno, how much could they be paying him? £1 million, £2 million, I honestly have no idea, the more, the better!

One thing this guy has for sure is "nerves of steel", 1969, he pops up for Hyde Park 1 in front of 500,000 people as if it's business as usual...FF to 12/1974, he tells Mick Jagger's matter of factedly at a cocktail party he's quitting...he then spends the best part of 38 years playing crappy gigs...FF to 2012 he pops up for MR at 02/25th as if he'd never been gone...FF to 2013/05/20 he plays his way through CYHMK as if he's jamming with some old friends in a garage.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home