Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Metamorphosis - Can someone explain it?
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 26, 2013 15:39

The title and the cover art refers to the short story "The Metamorphosis" (original title "Die Verwandlung" sometimes translated as "The Transformation" ) by Franz Kafka in which the protagonist one day wakes up to find himself transformed into a monstrous vermin. Great story, one of my favorite ever! Worth reading!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-26 15:40 by franzk.

Re: Metamorphosis - Can someone explain it?
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 26, 2013 18:32

Mathijs
Eleanor Rigby
NICOS
Rip This
2 of Jagger's greatest vocals is on that disc....the Stevie Wonder cover I Don't Know Why is an absolute gem.

Only for this song the whole album was worth releasing, I loved it when it came out the first release of their vaults, I do understand that some of them where never released still fun though...............

totally agree..one of jagger's greatest vocals...

It's a nice rendition, but I can never get over the fact that it is partially fake. The second part of the song is a copy of the first part, including the slide solo. They probably never got a good take, so ABKCO decided to do a copy and paste job.

Mathijs

I Don't Know Why is the song they were recording the night Brian Jones died. They stopped in the middle of the song, when the call came in to the studio. They never finished the recording. Instead, they just took the first part and repeated it to get a full-length "take".

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home