Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Salt of the Earth - Crossfire Hurricane
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 9, 2013 21:45

United we stand

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 9, 2013 21:46

proudmary
His Majesty
Life is an ace book. Bullshit, hypocrisy and all.

Tis so very human.

yes, Richards is very human. The problem is that he does not like when others are human too. Especially if they are human not like him, but on their own way

I don't know about that PM, many people, including Mick, have commented on Keith's loyalty to friends. Mick, I think, even said Keith is loyal to a fault.

In any case, who knows what the truth of their relationship is, tis complicated and very human, to quote His Majesty. I'm not going to judge either of them.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 9, 2013 21:52

latebloomer
proudmary
His Majesty

Tis so very human.

yes, Richards is very human. The problem is that he does not like when others are human too. Especially if they are human not like him, but on their own way

I don't know about that PM, many people, including Mick, have commented on Keith's loyalty to friends. Mick, I think, even said Keith is loyal to a fault.

In any case, who knows what the truth of their relationship is, tis complicated and very human, to quote His Majesty. I'm not going to judge either of them.

Mick said it a long time ago
I think that despite all the Richards' hostilely - mocking interviews in last 25 years Mick continued to believe in that loyalty no matter what.
I think he changed his mind in 2010

Date: March 9, 2013 21:53

proudmary
latebloomer
Munichhilton
proudmary
latebloomer
CindyC
with sssoul
Hmp well maybe. I had an extra copy of the dvd that I decided *not* to donate to my University Library for New Fans -
Totally leaving out Klein taking over their whole pre-71 catalog disqualifies the film as an overview of what the band's survived.
And of course the Department of Historical Accuracy takes a dim view of the way they played around with super-familiar footage -
but indeed, some of the previously unseen snippets are very nice, and so is some of the audio

HM, you've got email :E

with sssoul, i love the Department of Historical Accuracy! Do you think they would know the name of the girl Keith is seen kissing in his underwear (or is that bathing suit?) You can see her in the back seat with him as well in another scene, and then getting on the plane later near Mick. I'm thinking she's a b/u singer?

The consensus seems to be that it is a very young Jolie Jones, daughter of Quincy Jones. Funny that Keith doesn't mention her at all in Life...couldn't have anything to do with her being only about 16 at the time, could it? grinning smiley

maybe he decided not to mention her because it would get in a conflict with his high moral position from which he denounced Jagger in his ill-treatment of women.

His high moral position didn't have anything to do with it...he left lots of stuff out of the book...put a lot into it too...

Of course he did, and I'd love to see what got cut. I don't think he did any moralizing in regard to Jagger and his women, more bemused amusement.

Keith was no saint on the road, but none of them were. That's part of their bad boy charm, isn't it?

you can't be serious, right?

He certainly slamed Mick about many things, but his comments about Mick and women were really more poking fun. But proudmary, I think that we just see the same words differently.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 9, 2013 21:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-09 21:59 by His Majesty.

Date: March 9, 2013 21:58

Munichhilton
United we stand

... Divided we're lumbered.

Date: March 9, 2013 21:58

proudmary
latebloomer
proudmary
His Majesty

Tis so very human.

I think that despite all the Richards' hostilely - mocking interviews in last 25 years Mick continued to believe in that loyalty no matter what.

Can you me and Keith put this riff behind us? This oh so human riff?

Date: March 9, 2013 22:00

Munichhilton
proudmary
latebloomer
proudmary
His Majesty

Tis so very human.

Can you me and Keith put this riff behind us? This oh so human riff?

Why don't we agree to all put our past behind us...my kids think I was an angel.

Date: March 9, 2013 22:02

Mr Morgan was a lucky chap, getting all that free access to ye olde stones archives!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 10, 2013 00:43

proudmary
latebloomer
proudmary
His Majesty

Tis so very human.

yeah...that's probably when he heard about Lowensteins book...I don't think the Keith thing bothered him as much....except for the fact that he admitted that he was also responsible for neglecting Keith in the running of the band in the late 70's...old friends reconcile...or find a place that they can function from...they moved on, so should you..and now they are united in their dislike of the Prince.

Date: March 10, 2013 02:04

Rip This
proudmary
latebloomer
proudmary
His Majesty

Tis so very human.

yeah...that's probably when he heard about Lowensteins book...I don't think the Keith thing bothered him as much....except for the fact that he admitted that he was also responsible for neglecting Keith in the running of the band in the late 70's...old friends reconcile...or find a place that they can function from...they moved on, so should you..and now they are united in their dislike of the Prince.

So true. I love happy endings

Posted by: Carster ()
Date: March 10, 2013 23:33

CindyC
latebloomer
CindyC, check your email, I just sent you the Keith vocal. smiling smiley

NO WAY!!! Thank you! Where is it from?

CC, what did you receive? A Salt Of The Earth version without the 2012 Keith interview vocal on top?

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 00:25

Is it just me, or does the take of Angie sound slightly different? Oh and Latebloomer, I sent you an email.

Date: March 11, 2013 00:35

Kevinrm15
Is it just me, or does the take of Angie sound slightly different? Oh and Latebloomer, I sent you an email.

Thanks for the heads up Kevinrm15, I don't check that account every day. Got a few requests, so I'll get on it soon. smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 11, 2013 00:56

proudmary
latebloomer
proudmary
His Majesty

Tis so very human.

The thing about Mick is that he is very much an Englishman, which is why he proudly accepted his knighthood, and Keith's book seemed to him a very un-English thing to do, what with those todger comments and all. It's the same reason Mick is peeved about the Prince Rupert tell-all book, because Mick believes his relationship with his banker was a matter of trust rather than public disclosure. The English have a very different view on these matters than we in other cultures do, particularly the U.S.

For instance, Ray Davies is another similar sort of Englishman who does not approve of the tell-all style of people around him. When his brother Dave released his no-holds-barred autobiography Kink in the mid-90s, Ray was heard to react, "Have you read Dave's book? This could break up The Kinks this year." Sure enough, the following year Ray disbanded The Kinks after more than 30 years of continuous activity.

In the early 90s, when Mick was being interviewed for his Wandering Spirit album, he commented on the state of cultural expression at that time, noting that it had become fashionable to let everything hang out and commenting that this was also a very un-English thing to do.

Charlie has said that The Stones' activity in 2012 almost didn't happen, and Mick has stated that it took a lot of convincing to get him involved for the 50th anniversary proceedings. I believe that had it not been for the Life memoir, The Stones would have returned to live performance in 2010 and that there might even have been a new album as well. It was obvious that Keith took The Stones and Mick for granted, and Mick showed him over the next couple of years that he was wrong to have done that.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 11, 2013 05:27

Better yet, why not take some time and really put together something exhaustive and complete? Like an Anthology project with a nice box set of alternate versions, outtakes, concert stuff. With a GOOD DVD component. I mean there is so much that could be done well. But it would take time, and attention, and resources. Just doesn't seem they are too interested in this.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 11, 2013 15:01

Carster
CindyC
latebloomer

NO WAY!!! Thank you! Where is it from?

CC, what did you receive? A Salt Of The Earth version without the 2012 Keith interview vocal on top?

No, the interview is still on top, but at least I don't have to go to HBO On Demand and have to keep finding it. Now I can hear it whenever I want to!

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: May 27, 2013 19:31

latebloomer

Hi there, any chance you could send it to me? smoking smiley I'd really appreciate it

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 27, 2013 19:57

Whats your mail then, Unpure?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 27, 2013 21:34

RobberBride

Hi RobberBride, Could you send it to me as well ...thanks. Nico

iorrstones@gmail.com

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 27, 2013 21:43

Am I right in thinking that the snippet of an outtake of Tumbling Dice is previously unheard, too? It's not the familiar Good Time Woman version.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 27, 2013 21:55

Could someone PLEASE send me the Keith Voc.?

I've been dying to hear this since I picked up C.H.!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: May 27, 2013 22:01

I just listen to the interview from Brett Morgan from Crossfire Hurricane, it seems that they only try to use alternate takes from songs played in the movie...........

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 27, 2013 23:32

Sent out to those interrested (with open mail).
Drop me a line if others want it too.

Date: June 2, 2013 23:29

NICOS
RobberBride

Hi RobberBride, Could you send it to me as well ...thanks. Nico

[email protected]

Hi RobberBride thanks for your Email.........Nico

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: June 4, 2013 20:31

RobberBride

danlocke123@gmail.com

Thanks dude spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 4, 2013 20:53

NICOS
I just listen to the interview from Brett Morgan from Crossfire Hurricane, it seems that they only try to use alternate takes from songs played in the movie...........

Pity there wasn't a Crossfire Hurricane soundtrack album featuring them.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 4, 2013 20:58

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 21:00

If any one can send the KR vocal to me, I'd be much obliged.

digdogg@hotmail.com

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 4, 2013 22:22

Thanks for the email!!!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2165