Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Cherry Oh Baby
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 20, 2020 22:47

I’ve always love it when somebody revives a thread form years ago it was just over seven years since somebody posted on this thread.
I bought B&B the week it came out and I think my first play was the only time I ever listened to Oh Cherry all the way thru.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2020 00:01

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 21, 2020 02:14

virgil
I’ve always love it when somebody revives a thread form years ago it was just over seven years since somebody posted on this thread.
I bought B&B the week it came out and I think my first play was the only time I ever listened to Oh Cherry all the way thru.

I'm gonna revive some leftovers from the fridge...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 21, 2020 05:54

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

In 2013-2014 Keith played reggae-licks on Emotional Rescue, but...

A good observation (and I like what Keith does there)! But then again, the way Mick delivers the last verse - the low half-spoken one - of "Emotional Rescue" is pure reggae, as he himself has stated.

It is a good example how the Stones use elements ('influences') from here and there to make their own delicous coctail.

- Doxa

Keith has also thrown in some reggae licks in Shattered...

Yep. In fact, some of them are on the studio version, too, buried in the mix.

I know what you're talking about, but some of those licks go way back, like Mickey & Sylvia.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home