Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rethinking IORR's purpose
Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: February 24, 2013 00:30

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity
btw- can we rethink IORR's Porpoises while we are at it?

That porpoise wasn't alive when Brian died, no admittance.

uhm, that porpoise is a good 50-60 years old, they live to be 150-200 years old, at least on their home planet.

hey, this is like live chat. we're having fun now, kids!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 24, 2013 00:31

owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity
owlbynite
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
I propose this forum be adjusted during off-hours to discussing nothing but food and drink. I know the majority of folks here are in favor of the idea already. BV apparently hates food (and words)...but we could storm his castle and overthrow him if we plan properly.
Would we be able to discuss individual Stones favorite foods and how much money they spend on it?

Hey Max, are you really in Kansas City? Grrrreat ribs & barbeque!

Ask Max about the Chiefs and the Royals!
Yes we have professional sport teams here too, it is awesome. We havent won a championship for a while, but with the way MLB payrolls being so unlevel, and the crazy Cheifs owner not wanting to win the trophy with his name it it, I understand, it still is alot of fun. Most cities have no team at all. And now we have one of the best soccer/football stadiums in the world.

Max puts on a brave face sometimes. Noble.

I worked in pro sports in Chicago & know your neck of the woods.

Right on man, Chicago is good town too.

yes but winter weather killer. took my 1st opportunity to move to west coast.

Where are you at now owl?

I would have moved to LA a long time ago except for....

Date: February 24, 2013 00:36

GrumpyCat

Maude...love it

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 24, 2013 00:37

"It's ludicrous to see so many posts about the sex lives of the individual Stones or how much money they have"

"Black girls just wanna get f%#@ed all night
I just don’t have that much jam"

"I make so much money
That I'm spending so fast"

Case closed!

Date: February 24, 2013 00:39

shadooby
"It's ludicrous to see so many posts about the sex lives of the individual Stones or how much money they have"

"I make so much money

Case closed!

Uh oh, next thing you know, she will be demanding the Stones rethink the lyrics they write.

Date: February 24, 2013 00:42

Max'sKansasCity
owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity
owlbynite
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
I propose this forum be adjusted during off-hours to discussing nothing but food and drink. I know the majority of folks here are in favor of the idea already. BV apparently hates food (and words)...but we could storm his castle and overthrow him if we plan properly.
Would we be able to discuss individual Stones favorite foods and how much money they spend on it?

Yes we have professional sport teams here too, it is awesome. We havent won a championship for a while, but with the way MLB payrolls being so unlevel, and the crazy Cheifs owner not wanting to win the trophy with his name it it, I understand, it still is alot of fun. Most cities have no team at all. And now we have one of the best soccer/football stadiums in the world.

injury forced early retirement so I moved just north of LA to a quiet air force base town.. the city easy access, there all the time.

Date: February 24, 2013 00:43

Max'sKansasCity
shadooby

"I make so much money

Case closed!

Uh oh, next thing you know, she will be demanding the Stones rethink the lyrics they write.

confused smileyHow did you know stonesrule's a she, did you lift up her tail?

Date: February 24, 2013 00:44

owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity
owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity
owlbynite
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
owlbynite
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW

injury forced early retirement so I moved just north of LA to a quiet air force base town.. the city easy access, there all the time.
thumbs up

Date: February 24, 2013 00:47

shadooby
Max'sKansasCity
shadooby

"I make so much money

Case closed!

confused smileyHow did you know stonesrule's a she, did you lift up her tail?

I hereby invoke my Fifth Amendment right and refuse to waive my rights and privileges against Self-Incrimination when questioned about the details....

Date: February 24, 2013 00:49

grinning smiley

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: February 24, 2013 00:52

BV is going to update it to WWW.IORR/LANCEARMSTRONG/ASSORTEDSILLYSHIT.ORG

Date: February 24, 2013 01:03

Markdog
BV is going to update it to WWW.IORR/LANCEARMSTRONG/ASSORTEDSILLYSHIT.ORG

guess we just needed a little levity...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 24, 2013 01:57

stonesrule
Perhaps it's just me, but I feel more and more than what I liked about IORR originally was the camaraderie of true music fans who appreciated the Rolling Stones for what they could do on stage and on record.

It's ludicrous to see so many posts about the sex lives of the individual Stones or how much money they have. Human beings theoretically are expected to grow with time. I don't give a damn about any of the Stones sexual exploits thirty years ago. Or who has how much money...or the endless thoughts of people who weren't even alive when Brian Jones died.

All this tabloid fantasy pays little respect to what made the Stones great.

Hopefully, BV will update his vision of what the forum started out to be.

I was thinking about this post of yours stonesrule this evening as I trudged to my car, after spending all day at the library studying for a test. Anyway, I was feeling anxious - not prepared for the test, money troubles, man troubles, kids troubles...and then I turned on the car and out cranked Satisfaction from my GRRR! CD. I turned it up loud, sang along, bounced along, forgot everything else and just really enjoyed the music. So in answer to your post, I guess all I can say is that I DO think it is the music that brings people here. The rest is all secondary and falls away when listening to the music. I love The Rolling Stones and I love IORR...in that order. Oh, and I do love my family too, even when they are driving me crazy. smiling smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 24, 2013 01:59

I got a little teary-eyed with that post of yours, bloomer.

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:05

latebloomer
I love The Rolling Stones

Me too

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:07

stonesrule

I feel more and more than what I liked about IORR originally was the camaraderie of true music fans who appreciated the Rolling Stones for what they could do on stage and on record.

You talk about "the camaraderie of true music fans," but the fact is, you only very rarely have anything to say about music. Mostly, you jump down people's throats with a rant that goes something like:

"YOU were not there! YOU did not know these people! YOU have no right to talk about their personal lives, because anything YOU say is based on pure FANTASY!"

Well, so what? Who says you have to know someone to talk about them? Isn't that the very definition of celebrity, that people you don't know talk about you?

I suggest you start your own exclusive little "insiders only" message board, and leave the rest of us to our fantasies.

Re: I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES

tatters
stonesrule

I feel more and more than what I liked about IORR originally was the camaraderie of true music fans who appreciated the Rolling Stones for what they could do on stage and on record.

You talk about "the camaraderie of true music fans," but the fact is, you only very rarely have anything to say about music. Mostly, you jump down people's throats with a rant that goes something like:

"YOU were not there! YOU did not know these people! YOU have no right to talk about their personal lives, because anything YOU say is based on pure FANTASY!"

Well, so what? Who says you have to know someone to talk about them? Isn't that the very definition of celebrity, that people you don't know talk about you?

I suggest you start your own exclusive little "insiders only" message board, and leave the rest of us to our fantasies.

I dont always agree with tatters, but I do here. I have had that ""jump down people's throats with a rant"" directed at me unnecessarily too many times, and have read it directed at other waaaaay too many times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 02:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: latebloomer ()

GRNRBITW

LOL..I was just about to erase it and leave quietly, now I'm stuck with it. It is a bit maudlin, isn't it? But, at least I didn't brag about my parts still working..Nocode? grinning smiley

Ugh..I think I better get a glass of wine and call it a day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-24 06:13 by latebloomer.

Date: February 24, 2013 02:09

I'm a little verklempt.

Date: February 24, 2013 02:10

latebloomer
GRNRBITW

LOL..I was just about to erase it and leave quietly, now I'm stuck with it. At least I didn't brag about my parts still working..Nocode? grinning smiley

Ugh..I think I better get a glass of wine and call it a day start the night

fixed that for you smileys with beer

Date: February 24, 2013 02:10

latebloomer
I better get a glass of wine

smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:11

.....Still say IORR needs a kissin' booth .......

ROCKMAN

Date: February 24, 2013 02:12

Rockman
.....Still say IORR needs a kissin' booth .......

And 5 cents is cheap ... cool

-------------------

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:14

latebloomer
At least I didn't brag about my parts still working..Nocode? grinning smiley

What can I say? I'm classy as hell.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:22

latebloomer
stonesrule
Perhaps it's just me, but I feel more and more than what I liked about IORR originally was the camaraderie of true music fans who appreciated the Rolling Stones for what they could do on stage and on record.

It's ludicrous to see so many posts about the sex lives of the individual Stones or how much money they have. Human beings theoretically are expected to grow with time. I don't give a damn about any of the Stones sexual exploits thirty years ago. Or who has how much money...or the endless thoughts of people who weren't even alive when Brian Jones died.

All this tabloid fantasy pays little respect to what made the Stones great.

Hopefully, BV will update his vision of what the forum started out to be.

I was thinking about this post of yours stonesrule this evening as I trudged to my car, after spending all day at the library studying for a test. Anyway, I was feeling anxious - not prepared for the test, money troubles, man troubles, kids troubles...and then I turned on the car and out cranked Satisfaction from my GRRR! CD. I turned it up loud, sang along, bounced along, forgot everything else and just really enjoyed the music. So in answer to your post, I guess all I can say is that I DO think it is the music that brings people here. The rest is all secondary and falls away when listening to the music. I love The Rolling Stones and I love IORR...in that order. Oh, and I do love my family too, even when they are driving me crazy. smiling smiley

Satisfaction is on GRRR? How clever of them.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:23

I've been thinking.

Can we start a IORR ponzi scheme and we can all get rich?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:24

Max'sKansasCity

Looks more like a dolphin to me.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 24, 2013 02:25

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity

Looks more like a dolphin to me.

It's not Dick Cheney?

Date: February 24, 2013 02:32

LMAO..... too fuuny hot smiley

Date: February 24, 2013 02:33

GrumpyCat

angry smileySHE WAS HOTyawning smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next