Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: whatcha think about warhorses?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2005 02:07

MICKjagg65 wrote:
"The beauty of the stones is that you dont know what your going to get."

You definately haven't been to a lot of shows. I go to many, many shows, each tour, and after five different venues/cities, I can predict the set lists, and with the change-out songs too!

Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: February 13, 2005 03:33

your right about that demon, i didnt state it clearly enough, i think i have been to alot of shows considering i am still in school and i have seen them 7 times since babylon, but your right, you can predict setlists, i meant you never know what gems are going to pop up among the steadies in the set. I think your going to get at least 1 big surprise a night, this year at giant stadium it was undercover of the night, at sars fest it was ruby tuesday etc...

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Date: February 13, 2005 08:39

Mickjagg65, what does the 65 indicate?

Posted by: animal ()
Date: February 14, 2005 00:58

Bill calls them "mega monsters" as well....

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: February 14, 2005 01:00

the warhorses are OK, unless they don't play them right, TD became a bore for instance

Date: February 14, 2005 08:46

Dont worry demon, 65 doesnt indicate my age... i am 24 but my football number was 65 so i've taken a liking to the number.
i agree by the way, keith for president!!!

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 14, 2005 12:16

The main problem with "war heroes" is that the Stones easily turn the autopilot button on while playing them - which is really understandable as in itself - do the same goddamn songs every second night for 30+ years. The same goes for hardcore fans who also happen to be there every second night, or at least listen those shows from bootlegs.. The problem with the more obscure songs is that even though the Stones might find some fresh inspiration while doing them, they are not able able to perform them very well (a lack of concentration and reherseal, lazyness, age..). Four Licks is a great document of that. The only great value of the performances of gems like "Worried Bout You", "Heartbreaker""; "Hand of Fate" or "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" is that the Stones play them rarely, not their performative brilliance... so I think we have a dilemma in our hands in this matter...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-14 12:17 by Rorty.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 14, 2005 13:43

I must admid that i never play the warhorses at home. I play mostly bootlegs and i always skip throug SMU, JJF, BS, HTW and Satifaction. Sometimes i play Tumbling Dice but not very often. I don't know why actually because i do believe that they're among there best songs IMO.
I love Midnight Rambler though, as far as you can say that is a warhorse because they don't play it as often as the others, i play it all the time!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: February 15, 2005 09:28

So, where ya from Mickjagg65?

"She looked 'bout,...50." (STAF) Mick changes the age sometimes smiling smiley

"She looked 'bout,...50." (STAF) Mick changes the age sometimes smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-15 09:45 by Demon.

"She was common, flirty, she looked 'bout fifty." (TSATF) Mick changes the age sometimes smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-15 09:48 by Demon.

Date: February 15, 2005 18:35

New York, specifically Long Island, demon. A little rich little bastards around here, not me.
"What can a poor boy do? cept play in a Rock n Roll band?"
I've travelled as far as toronto to see the stones... Sarsfest, it was awesome although they werent at thier best.
What about you?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home